Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please (852 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by ass(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2007
my laptop's takin 4ever to boot,what can i do?it's kilin me sad cry
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by samir101ng(m): 1:22am On Aug 18, 2007
There's a strong possiblilty that you have a boot sector virus. This is a type of virus that loads into your computer whenever you boot the computer.
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by ass(m): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2007
thanks for ur reply. what am i suppose to do now brother. cheers
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by inze(m): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2007
you didn't mention if the system ever gets to boot .

If it does, get a better antivirus and run a thorough scan on it and i believe that would do the trick.

Get back if not.

I n z e
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by ass(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2007
thnks, it boots but it takes like 20 mins to boot. i ve tried running an updated avast antivirus but still not helpin d situation. need help
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by nbeet2000(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2007
How much memory do you in this laptop??
Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by Ralvy(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2007
Okay, now try diz!!!

It is possible that your system's boot sector is infected and this was brought on due to viruses.

Start up the system in advance start up mode,  See example below.
Boot into the system in safe mode, the computer shouldn't boot slowly in safe mode.

Select "run" from the start menu and type in "services.msc" (without quotes)

See image below

A dialogue box pops up showing you a long list of start up items.

See Image below

Now, check to see that non-windows services do not have the automatic start-up attribute. Also find other start up items that may have been put there by the virus, and disable the automatic start-up attribute as illustrated below.

Your Computer should boot in normally only once because you have not gotten the virus aut and it will discard your changes and go back, quickly run a virus scan with a strong antivirus scan - I recommend Bit Defender, Nod32 and/or [Kapersky Intenet Security 6 (thanks to Bigbrovar) tongue ]

This should solve your problem, if it dosnt; shoot me a mail - nerve.it@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -  -

I am aware that some people find it hard to boot into windows in safe mode, I will upload a simple utility that lets u select your desired start up method and reboots the computer. The tool is only 48KB, I will upload with my second post as only 4 attachments are allowed per post.

Good Luck!

Re: Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllppppppppp Please by Ralvy(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2007
Here's the tool I talked about in ma previous post,

This is what it looks like, cool

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! My Touchpad Is Actting Up / Microsoft Exchange, Outlook And Webmail Palaver / I Need Toshiba A60 Motherboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.