Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil (865 Views)

Nigerian Man Spotted Using Palm Oil As Lubricant For His Motorcycle / How Often Does One Need To Change Gear Oil / Es 350 Gear Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by Fedrams: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
I went to a gear mecho workshop today and I observed they are using forte oil as Gear oil for one Camry muscle car. I asked the mecho boy why they are not using good atf. He said forte oil is also good for gear. Is the oil good for gear

1 Like

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by kingreign(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2022
Prepare for another 13 or 22pin soon!

I laugh in Gbagyi!!!!

Cc: Gazzuzz, mamanbawa, Heavenlybang, nurey.

2 Likes

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by SpaceAngel: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2022
Wonders shall never end. I guess the Mechanic misunderstood what you said. Engine oil inside that sensitive gearbox is sure death for the gear.

2 Likes

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by homeboy205: 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
They are purposely killing the transmission for the owner

2 Likes

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by Angrygoat: 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
That was how I was at an alignment shop at total and a camry drove in. The useless alignment man told the owner to buy dia 20w 50 engine oil 5litres. I asked the old man who was at passengers seat that is it engine oil,he said yes ,I was like toyots na 5w 30 na. He just hissed at me. Well him engine go soon knock,e sure die.

1 Like

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by king406(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
grin
Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by frozen70(f): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
king406:
grin
Fedrams:
I went to a gear mecho workshop today and I observed they are using forte oil as Gear oil for one Camry muscle car. I asked the mecho boy why they are not using good atf. He said forte oil is also good for gear. Is the oil good for gear

I use the same oil to service my car for years and I don't intend to change it

Yet I didn't have any issues using it

2 Likes

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by Bestfin: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
frozen70:

You can use that oil 20w50 for the life of the car, but you must change very early, I will suggest every 2 to 3 month.

They quickly form sludge and can also easily clog the vvt selonoid and other delicate oil passage within the engine

1 Like

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by Fedrams: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2022
Am not talking about using forte oil for servicing cars, but what am saying is using it as gear oil.

frozen70:

1 Like

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by frozen70(f): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2022
Fedrams:
Am not talking about using forte oil for servicing cars, but what am saying is using it as gear oil.

That's wrong, it has its own gear oil and I have used it too
It has a different gallon colour

1 Like

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Fedrams:

When mechanical parts wear out there is excessive play and clearance in a lot of mechanical parts that mate. When seals wear out, oil/pressure sips past their mating areas.

Most defective high mileage transmissions WILL temporarily work better with 20w50. Technicians noticed this a long time ago used this method to solve flaring and harsh shifting in a lot of vehicles.

The only problem is they assumed it was proper to use it all the time. Also the method of apprenticeship training in Nigeria leaves little room for apprentices to verify what they were taught, so it became a situation of my oga did it like this and it worked so I will do same.

Kindly note if you have a failing transmission, you already have nothing to loose, so knock your self out .

Recommend oils if changed at responsible intervals will ensure transmission lives a very healthy long life.

Google mechanic

Ogba Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Using Forte Oil As Gear Oil by Kirkman: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Obara Jesu how can I unsee this thread biko?
Make the owner nor worry at all. It's just a matter of time before that gearbox will pack up and they will quote a new replacement gearbox.
Are these kalo kalo mechanics now wiser than the white man that recommended ATF to be used as transmission fluid.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus IS 250 For Sale / If You Know You Sell Toyota Camry 2004 Engine / Toyota Corola Engine Light refuse to off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.