Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

ASUU Strike: The Saga Vs Spoiler Alert & Reality - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: The Saga Vs Spoiler Alert & Reality (183 Views)

The Saga Of Our Beloveth Sister PROFESSOR Aunty UJU ANYA. PICS / ASUU'S STRIKE: The Throwback Of Action 41 Years Ago / ASUU Strike; The Union Is Still Consulting Its Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: The Saga Vs Spoiler Alert & Reality by HaryaorGirl(f): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2022
The Saga: We all know the strike has been on since since February.

I remembered when I predicted in my previous thread that the strike is not going to end this year because ASUU president is been rigid with his demands, and the government is just going to keep playing them until the next administration comes on board.

I then implored ASUU members to restrategize on everything, or probably wait for the next administration before they start this rigorous strike. We all know the current administration has nothing to lose, and it's not a very smart move declaring an endless strike when the present government has less than a year in the seat of power.

I remembered some people insulting me, and calling me all sorts of names. Some people started lecturing me on how a government administration is continuous, and blah blah.

While some were hell bent on unveiling who's behind my moniker! Some lecturers on here accused me of working for APC, especially when I started pushing for the end of the union. To me they are doing more harm than good with their yearly strikes!!!

The Spoiler; The spoiler remains the same. The government is going to keep playing ASUU, while ASUU president will keep ranting and claiming he wants this and that (and hiding under the umbrella of fighting for the students)

And they'll keep romancing each other until the year ends, and then a new president will be elected, and maybe then strike will be called off. ASUU will then come up with new demands or ask government to come and sign agreement made in 1864 with General sani Abacha.

Reality: If you are smart enough, choose a different school like I did. I started last month, and we are starting our first semester exam time table is already scheduled for next month. Time table is out, and we are expected to end this session come January.

School is not hard, na you wan go federal university. I gained admission without UTME, and post utme nonsense. I gained admission without stress, even when the school was already in session.

There's no guarantee that ASUU won't declare another strike 2023 or 2024 because their demands are like Zee World (Extraordinary Everyday). We know they are the only civil servant in Nigeria.

Come January, I will be above my current classmates.

ASUU will keep wasting your time, and delaying your future. They will still get paid at the end of everything (They have started pushing for their salaries), while they are doing other jobs such as lecturing in a private university. My next door neighbor and his friends are a perfect example; so I know what I am saying.

Finally, certificate is certificate. An employer won't treat you better because you attended Fulafia, UniJos, Unilag, Uniben, Uniport, UNIZIK, UNICAL, etc. A school name does not guarantee your employment status What guarantees your employment is your grades, and how you present and defend what you have upstairs.

The sooner you realize that a school brand name is useless to your employer. The sooner you will be free from all of this nonsense.

I'll end it with this: The world is constantly evolving, opportunities comes and go. Don't allow some old people delay you, and restrain you from exploring other life opportunities.

This will be the last time I will be talking about president Ososokeke and his union.

Salaam

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why You Are Not Making Money �� / ASUU Strike: Young Medical Student Begins New Career, Starts Street Food Vending / Agribusiness Management Colleges In Pune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.