Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

A Joke Taken Too Far - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Joke Taken Too Far (2232 Views)

You Know Seaside Not Too Far Long Beachisland / Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. / Justice Taken Too Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2011
For some time, i've adopted the measures of watching from sidelines. But, i'd not be the idiot that will stay and watch some nefarious furfies being peddled against a man that has candidly led his people. Atleast, this act alone has clearly shown that SEUN and his imbe.c.il.c and futureless moderator are no less than brainless and flinty animals, who are yet at the homo hibilis stage. How can someone come out and peddle some unverified and unscrupulous informations, just for the sake of making gains? Is this act in any way less than rituals? Seun and his co-idiots should better be circumspect, to eschew hearing rumors about the death of their loved ones.uld better be circumspect, to eschew hearing rumors about the death of their loved ones.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2011
Quite the contrary. Seun doesn't make those threads. Forum users do. All Seun and his moderators do is to post that on the front page. The forum runs itself. Seun and his moderators don't necessarily run it.

Calm down bro
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
Okay, i never knew that the idiot no longer has power to delete threads; the way he deletes scams. Are telling me that if ojukwu were to be his dad or a Yoruba leader, that this thread will appear on homepage?
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by OAM4J: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
Go through the board and find out how many threads were locked on this subject. Every issue is worth discussing, we only need to ensure that they are stated as they are, i e. rumor is not stated as fact. If we do not give room to discuss every rumor how will people get to know the fact/truth? Once a subject cannot be substantiated we put a question mark on it, and allow those who have the facts to state them, that way everyone becomes informed and false news are stopped.

I'll let your insulting words on the moderators pass this time, but dont get used to it.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by seanet02: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Go through the board and find out how many threads were locked on this subject. Every issue is worth discussing, we only need to ensure that they are stated as they are, i e. rumor is not stated as fact. If we do not give room to discuss every rumor how will people get to know the fact/truth? Once a subject cannot be substantiated we put a question mark on it, and allow those who have the facts to state them, that way everyone becomes informed and false news are stopped.

I'll let your insulting words on the moderators pass this time, but dont get used to it.
Seanet would have been banned for this
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by OAM4J: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
seanet02:

Seanet was also warned several times before we started banning him. cheesy
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by PointB: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
seanet02:

grin grin grin grin

OAM4J:

Seanet was also warned several times before we started banning him. cheesy

cool cool cool cool
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Obiagu1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
OAM4J:

A very matured response.
Anyway, I wouldn't have known the truth if I didn't get to the 2nd page of that thread.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
A very matured response from OAM4J but kasiem has every right to be outraged with the relentless death wish and mockery the Ikemba was subjected to today on dis site. We all reciprocated dat outrage. Surely, accountability is not absent from the operations of Nairaland.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by edoyad(m): 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
but this isn't the first time this is happening here. The yaradua case was far more disturbing. Half the threads on the political section claimed he was dead, though he was still alive at that time.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Aug 11, 2011
When the same thing was done to yar Adua. How many of you expressed such outrage
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by okadaman2: 12:48am On Aug 11, 2011
I don't understand the confusion.

Nairaland is not a newspaper, it is a discussion forum, the earlier you see it that way, the better for your sanity.

Even rumors and claims of rumor are worth discussing. There is no need to crucify Seun or the Mods for that one, now, if they place one "important rumor" up and decide to hide a similarly "important" one, then we can accuse them of bias.

If it's a rumor, let's discuss the rumor until we find the Truth. Then we discuss the Truth. All na discussion.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 1:43am On Aug 11, 2011
O4MAJ, i've gotten ur reason, but, u shld've taken into cognizance the ignorance and insanity of some forumites, before elevating this sensitive topic to homepage. Some puerile goats only needs just the heading to go barmy and deranged with the furfy. So, next time if want handle this kind of topic, u try applying some scintilla of caution, especially, when it's coming from mad Yoruba. Tribalistic rantings have limit; u dont play with the rumors about someone being dead, just for tribalistic ego. During d days of yar'dua, i fervently prayed for his expedite recuperation despite my aversion for his blood sucking tribe. I know what it worths in igboland to wish someone death, it culminates to outright banishment.
@ those shouting yar'dua, igbos dont toy with the death of the brother. So, it's left for u to defend ur brother in the face of browbeating.nd to wish someone death, it culminates to outright banishment.
@ those shouting yar'dua, igbos dont toy with the death of the brother. So, it's left for u to defend ur brother in the face of browbeating.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 11, 2011
^^ this ur grammer na die grin
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by NegroNtns(m): 5:29am On Aug 11, 2011
Lol@grammar comment!

Kasiem is Dede's son and grandson to Patrick Obahiagbon.

Anyway, Ibos are at it again, whining and protesting the bashing of their suicidal hero.

Warning to Ibos:

Dont start what you have no endurance to bear through. Its hot in this furnace, if you can't take the heat bow down and take an exit!

Don't bash leaders of other ethnic grps and expect yours will be spared.

Stop complaining and whining, it reveals your weakness!
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by aspabay(m): 6:17am On Aug 11, 2011
Kasiem, a kettle calling a pot black. Unrepentant tribalist.
Mend your ways, take Negro_ntns advice.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Desola(f): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2011
kasiem:

O4MAJ, i've gotten your reason, but, u shld've taken into cognizance the ignorance and insanity of some forumites, before elevating this sensitive topic to homepage. Some puerile goats only needs just the heading to go barmy and deranged with the furfy. So, next time if want handle this kind of topic, u try applying some scintilla of caution, especially, when it's coming from mad Yoruba. Tribalistic rantings have limit; u dont play with the rumors about someone being dead, just for tribalistic ego. During d days of yar'dua, i fervently prayed for his expedite recuperation despite my aversion for his blood sucking tribe. I know what it worths in igboland to wish someone death, it culminates to outright banishment.
@ those shouting yar'dua, igbos dont toy with the death of the brother. So, it's left for u to defend your brother in the face of browbeating.nd to wish someone death, it culminates to outright banishment.
@ those shouting yar'dua, igbos dont toy with the death of the brother. So, it's left for u to defend your brother in the face of browbeating.

They don't toy with them, mba! They only eat them!

Palapala ilu apala. Oshisko!
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 7:58am On Aug 11, 2011
aspabay:

Kasiem, a kettle calling a pot black. Unrepentant tribalist.
Mend your ways, take Negro_ntns advice.
Negro_Ntns:

Lol@grammar comment!

Kasiem is Dede's son and grandson to Patrick Obahiagbon.

Anyway, Ibos are at it again, whining and protesting the bashing of their suicidal hero.

Warning to Ibos:

Dont start what you have no endurance to bear through. Its hot in this furnace, if you can't take the heat bow down and take an exit!

Don't bash leaders of other ethnic grps and expect yours will be spared.

Stop complaining and whining, it reveals your weakness!

guys, it'll be vacuous and inexpedient to derogate or miscontrue my tribalistic prowess. If owners of this site wants make this cyber milieu that volatile and toxic, they indicate by jettisonning mods. Then, we can take it to apogee of tribalistic hullabaloo; i'm getting disenchanted the way igbos and their threads are being closely censored. I know most of the thread in the tribal section were opened by igbos, and they were shifted over their to reduce the tsunamic effect that it'll have on the emotional balance of the Yorubas. But, most of the threads that were openned to taint the image of the igbos, were left in the politics. So, what's reason behind the otiose unfairness?
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2011
Desola:

pls, woman, can stop making a splash on me? I'm just 20 years of age, besides, u've started seeing ur menopause. So, we are in no way compatible to each other; try other igbo men, cos i've noticed that ur obssession for igbos.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Shimao(m): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2011
Too mush grammer for the average NL to understand. I guess it is because you are angry. Sorry, but bros, please calm down.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Aug 11, 2011
Desola:

This comment was simply unfortunate but honestly i had to laugh.  grin grin grin
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by hakanai(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2011
edoyad:

but this isn't the first time this is happening here. The yaradua case was far more disturbing. Half the threads on the political section claimed he was dead, though he was still alive at that time.

Gbammmm !!!! Atleast during the discussion alot of us had room to argue over reliable sources and all that.Such rumors are sad.Somehow they remain inevitable and it got to me through BB and alot of other medium of media communication.So it would be foolish to assume it originated here.If Kasiem you have an issue with it then you would have to look for the source of the rumor not to blame NL.The forum only posted what they got from there immediate environment.
It is okay to post such issues here for people to scrutinize and for someone like kasiem to come here and deny such lies if any.I did check NL immediately someone told me to verify.cos i know it is only here the issues would be examine openly.Even online news hardly had any such gist.
Seun is doing fine and the Mods are doing there best.Allow the threads and let them fill up with analysis for one to draw a logical conclusion.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2011
haka_nai:

Gbammmm !!!! Atleast during the discussion alot of us had room to argue over reliable sources and all that.Such rumors are sad.Somehow they remain inevitable and it got to me through BB and alot of other medium of media communication.So it would be foolish to assume it originated here.If Kasiem you have an issue with it then you would have to look for the source of the rumor not to blame NL.The forum only posted what they got from there immediate environment.
It is okay to post such issues here for people to scrutinize and for someone like kasiem to come here and deny such lies if any.I did check NL immediately someone told me to verify.cos i know it is only here the issues would be examine openly.Even online news hardly had any such gist.
Seun is doing fine and the Mods are doing there best.Allow the threads and let them fill up with analysis for one to draw a logical conclusion.
what an inane reason for vindicating the inaction and shortcoming of the mods and ceo?
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by misterh(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2011
I think it's wrong for Kasiem to lay all the blame @ the footstep of Seun & the moderators. Some posts on NL are rumours and you don't expect Seun et al to start deleting them one by one. Because it has to do with Ojukwu today does not mean that the moderators should scrutinize it (remember the Yar'adua's case). This is a discussion forum where people post rubbish regularly in the name of catching fun, the thread only gets blocked if it's becoming too hot.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 9:34am On Aug 11, 2011
misterh:

I think it's wrong for Kasiem to lay all the blame @ the footstep of Seun & the moderators. Some posts on NL are rumours and you don't expect Seun et al to start deleting them one by one. Because it has to do with Ojukwu today does not mean that the moderators should scrutinize it (remember the Yar'adua's case). This is a discussion forum where people post rubbish regularly in the name of catching fun, the thread only gets blocked if it's becoming too hot.
man they dont deserve any atom of exoneration, i know how they work. BTW, are u telling that they cant block the thread on learning that the information was bogus? Leave this Yoruba folks and their covert wishes for igbos.becoming too hot.
[quote][/quote] man they dont deserve any atom of exoneration, i know how they work. BTW, are u telling that they cant block the thread on learning that the information was bogus? Leave this Yoruba folks and their covert wishes for igbos.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2011
dayokanu:

When the same thing was done to yar Adua. How many of you expressed such outrage
Abi o
Don't mind the useless poster.These were the same people jubilating about yardua illness and even celcebrating his obituary before he finally died.Now they are screaming shizz all around blaming seun for their misfortunes.Ojuku is dying at 78 if not dead already but he can't live another 78 again so whether poster likes it or not,ojuku's going to end up 6 ft below the earth now or later.Is he more than death or forbidden to die ? Pathetic losers !
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Seun(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2011
Can you link to the specific threads you're upset about? This discussion is too abstract without mentioning specifics.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2011
Dis thread should be closed or deleted. The way mods conduct themselves on this site, u did think dey had no work ethics.  angry https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732518.0.html
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Abi o
Don't mind the useless poster.These were the same people jubilating about yardua illness and even celcebrating his obituary before he finally died.Now they are screaming shizz all around blaming seun for their misfortunes.Ojuku is dying at 78 if not dead already but he can't live another 78 again so whether poster likes it or not,ojuku's going to end up 6 ft below the earth now or later.Is he more than death or forbidden to die ? Pathetic losers !
look at this miserable dog. Do u think that i'm here to profligate my time with an imbe.cile of ur nature? I've diagnosed ur dillemma as lack of life fulfilment, emanating from igbos sagacity in hijacking ur supposed opportunity. U've been living with jealousy ipso facto ojukwu doesn't want to commit suicide, inorder, to share in the same shame and hell with ur frustrated leaders i.e awoluwa and abaniwonda. But, sorry we aint the type that harbours frustrated leader; to the extent of cherishing suicide committers. BTW, will it be out of place to guess that awOLEwo committed suicide to avoid being sold by Yoruba leaders? Look at the way tinubu sold dapo dina to gbenga daniel, till today the circumstance surrounding the butchering of dapo dina is still pellucidly misty. What of the king that outrightly sold lagos to the colonial masters? What's gone wrong with iges family murder case? Idiots of the highest magnitude.'ve been living with jealousy ipso facto ojukwu doesn't want to commit suicide, inorder, to share in the same shame and hell with ur frustrated leaders i.e awoluwa and abaniwonda. But, sorry we aint the type that harbours frustrated leader; to the extent of cherishing suicide committers. BTW, will it be out of place to guess that awOLEwo committed suicide to avoid being sold by Yoruba leaders? Look at the way tinubu sold dapo dina to gbenga daniel, till today the circumstance surrounding the butchering of dapo dina is still pellucidly misty. What of the king that outrightly sold lagos to the colonial masters? What's gone wrong with iges family murder case? Idiots of the highest magnitude.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by kasiem(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2011
Seun:

Can you link to the specific threads you're upset about? This discussion is too abstract without mentioning specifics.
do u know what it means to tag a death rumour on a living person( to the extent of elevating it to homepage)? How will u feel if ojukwu were to be ur father?
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by Seun(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2011
The story about Ojukwu's death was not a joke. It was a rumor. And we made that clear.
Then later it was posted on Daily Times, so we assumed it was true. Then they removed it.
Re: A Joke Taken Too Far by jellyloveb(f): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2011
Kasiem, Biko, take a deep breath ** Ok breath out ** You feel relieve i guess. Don't take it too personal.

Seun and the Mods have got nothing to do with this.

It is only unfortunate that we have some of the most Bigoted people on Nl.

Kasiem, je si ike, onye nwere unu nwere nmadu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help A Newbie: What Does Op Mean? / Advertising On Blackberry Messenger In Nigeria / Nairaland Has Been Paid To Support Tinubu(wise Up)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.