Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,562 members, 7,850,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry 2 (131 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry / What The Bible Says About Makeup / How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry 2 by LeeSantos(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7302747/what-does-bible-say-makeup

I'm not trying to contradict the op's post above, and I'm also not trying to twist biblical principles to suit myself or other persons.

Both male and female used golden earrings in the days of moses
Exodus 32:2-3
Aaron said to them, “Tear off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” Then all the people tore off the gold rings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron.

Ezekiel 16: 11-12
11. I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck
12. I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head

The prodigal son and his father
Luke 15:22
But the father said to his servants, bring forth the best robe, and put it in him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.

Even God's chosen Joseph was decorated with jewelry
Genesis 41:42
Then Pharaoh took off his signet ring from his hand and put it on Joseph’s hand, and clothed him in garments of fine linen and put the gold necklace around his neck.

Daniel was also decorated with jewelry
Daniel 5:29
Then Belshazzar gave orders, and they clothed Daniel with purple and put a necklace of gold around his neck, and issued a proclamation concerning him that he now had authority as the third ruler in the kingdom

Genesis 24:53
The servant brought out articles of silver and articles of gold, and garments, and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave precious things to her brother and to her mother

In all, do not let this things take away the lord from you.
Hosea 2:13
“I will punish her for the days of the Baals
When she used to offer sacrifices to them
And adorn herself with her earrings and jewelry,
And follow her lovers, so that she forgot Me,” declares the Lord.

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God

Image credit: https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/jewelry

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Unforgiveness By Adeze Ojukwu / Interpretation Of Dream: Your Ladder Is Taken Away / The Private Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.