Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. (916 Views)

Samuel Kalu Suffered From Dehydration Not Heart Attack / Francesco Totti Resigns From Roma After 30 Years, Says Leaving Is Like "Dying" / Lionel Messi Is The Best Of This Age, Just Don’t Tell Cristiano!” – Totti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by teekitiara(f): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2022
Roma legend Francesco Totti suffered from depression after wife of 20 years Ilary Blasi after 'had affair with personal trainer'

Roma legend Francesco Totti reportedly split with his wife of 20 years after she had an alleged affair with his personal trainer.

Totti and Ilary Blasi, a former showgirl and TV presenter, tied the knot in 2005 and their wedding was broadcasted live on TV -with over a million people tuning in.

The couple were seen as the Italian equivalent of the Beckhams and had three children together - Cristian, Chanel and Isabel.

Ilary had been by Totti's side when he played his final game in 2017 and it was a typically emotional affair at the Stadio Olimpico.

But in July it was confirmed they had separated, with a statement from Totti reading: "After 20 years together, my relationship with Ilary has unfortunately ended. All that I said and did over the last few months was to protect our children, who are and always will be the absolute priority in my life.

“I tried to overcome the crisis in our marriage, but today I realise the choice of a separation is – albeit painful – no longer avoidable.

“I will continue to be united with Ilary in raising our marvellous three children, always with great respect for my wife."

Corriere della Sera have claimed that Ilary was having an affair with Cristiano Iovino, Totti's personal trainer about 18 months ago.

Ilary allegedly made regular trips to Milan, where Iovino lives, for work. But Totti found inappropriate messages on her mobile phone that confirmed suspicions he had about her having another man.

Totti has now opened up about the break up, telling Corriere della Sera: "It's not true that I was the first to betray.

"I said I wasn't going to talk and I didn't, but I've read too many hoaxes in the last few weeks. Some of them have even made my children suffer.

"In September last year, rumours began to reach me: 'Look, Ilary has someone else'. Indeed, more than one.

"I had never done it [check his wife's phone] in 20 years, nor had she ever done it with me. But when I received warnings from different people, whom I trust, I became suspicious.

"I looked at her mobile phone. And I saw that there was a third person, who was acting as an intermediary between Ilary and another one.

"Something like: see you at the hotel."

It hit Totti hard, so hard in fact that he spiralled into depression and struggled to sleep. He credits his new partner, Noemi Bocchi, with helping him find happiness again.

"There have been rumours in the past, regarding both her and me. But they were really rumours," he continued.

"Here was the evidence. The facts. And that led to depression. I couldn't sleep anymore. I pretended nothing was wrong, but I was no longer me, I was someone else. I got out of it thanks to Naomi.

"We used to hang out as friends. Then, after the New Year, it became a story. Ilary dated other men before my story with Noemi was born."

Totti spent his entire career at boyhood club Roma, scoring 307 goals in 786 games and remaining loyal throughout despite offers from elsewhere.

He took on a role as a director at Roma but left on bad terms in 2019 and ended 30 years of association with the Giallorossi.

By: Josh Lawless
Published 20:27, 11 September 2022 BST
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/roma-francesco-totti-wife-divorce-20220911.amp.html
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Hezzyluv: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Women grin

If you check very well, she has been having extra Marital games outside within these 20yrs. Her cup just full.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Totilopussylick(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2022
I am scared of women more than snake tongue
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by dawnomike(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2022
This is disheartening...
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Zonefree(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2022
God bless Naomi for being there for him.

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2022
After God fear wo unto man
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Diegostan(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2022
20 years!!
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
All women are the same, no be me talk am oh na juice wrld omo werey
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by bhella10: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2022
Women cry
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Baronthecelebri: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nawa no for women,no marry dey fear me
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by 77star: 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
so sorry for the depression side my legendary totti
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Sambam104(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
Have you watched those YouTube football and you love to learn how to create them, or you want learn how to make money creating and editing football video. Then this Masterclass is for you, you will learn everything you need to know in this class.

all you need to be part of this class is to WhatsApp me on this number on my signature

You don't have to waste more time class starts soon

Learning made easy
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by ezeonline(m): 5:24am On Sep 13, 2022
Sambam104:
Have you watched those YouTube football and you love to learn how to create them, or you want learn how to make money creating and editing football video. Then this Masterclass is for you, you will learn everything you need to know in this class.

all you need to be part of this class is to WhatsApp me on this number on my signature

You don't have to waste more time class starts soon

Learning made easy

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala mukina2 justwise rocktation

Rule 18 and Rule 19
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by lolu2019: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2022
Women.d real devil.
Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Emperormartin(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Well, there are still some women that doesn’t engage in cheating. I think we men need to be appreciating those women…

This particular one goofed

1 Like

Re: Roma Legend Francesco Totti Suffered From Depression After Wife Of 20 Years. by Ingrid4: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2022
77star:
so sorry for the depression side my legendary totti
Boss man pls your in number
It's about the job u posted
I'm very interested in the security work

(1) (Reply)

Free Kicks A.k.a Juninho Pernambucano / Micheal Vick Indictment Troubles / Players Like Drogba ,lampard , Essien Want 2 Leave Chelsea because Dey Are Not Happy Mourinho Left Deu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.