Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) (20284 Views)

How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) / My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / Make Ofada Sauce In 5 Minutes|how To Make Ofada Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Alabo7978(m): 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
this looks good. father lord may I marry a woman that will finish me with food. Amen

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Basiljoe: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
I need person way go cook this kain thing for me o. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Iykoto86(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Bleach the palm oil to avoid the oil gumming to your mouth while eating it.

You can decide not to bleach yours, but the result might not be the same.

I also gave tips on how to safely bleach palm oil without the fumes or choking smell in the video.

Thank you.
Looks delicious jare,but oil frome this side(enugu)no dey gum for mouth.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
folake4u:
This looks really yummy. kiss I'm so in love with green pepper, the aroma and taste is second to none in food.

You are so right.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
Iykoto86:
Looks delicious jare,but oil frome this side(enugu)no dey gum for mouth.

Correct. That's the oil I use.
But for the purpose of the video I had to bleach the oil cos the same oil is not accessible to everyone.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
mariahAngel:
Cc: Nlfpmod

Nne nwanyi oma.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
Rave90:
Yummy yummy.. cheesy

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
everythinggirly:
Wow! Looks yummy plus the kitchen is so neat.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
OmoOshodi:
Drop.your home address if you never wash your pot......i want to check something

grin
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Iykoto86(m): 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

But for the purpose of the video I had to bleach the oil cos the same oil is not accessible to everyone.
you too much.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Nne nwanyi oma.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
Clinghton:
How do you bleach palm oil?

Pour oil in a pot with tight cover that is not perforated. Put on the heat in low flame for 20 minutes. Put off the heat. Wait for 20 minutes afterwards before opening the pot. No choking, no smell.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by ComeToJesus: 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
ValCon888:
Your food looks delicious and inviting.

There's one other girl here whose foods look like sacrifice to the ancient gods.

No matter the quality of ingredients she uses, it always comes out looking like camel shít on a plate.

grin grin
I think it's Channah or something
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by bluefilm: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2022
When I first saw the name of the OP Gloryhome, my first thought was Glory Hole.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Kingozymandias(m): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2022
ValCon888:

There's one other girl here whose foods look like sacrifice to the ancient gods.

No matter the quality of ingredients she uses, it always comes out looking like camel shít on a plate.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
when do u put in the locust beans? what's Iru?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by RosyIsBlessed: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2022
Nigerians are blessed with delicious local dishes. For me I'll be fine without the boiled egg in the stew.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by 43Ronin: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Very good & delicious looking. China 1 should come and learn before she starts disturbing our eyes
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Veryfied: 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
What's it's shelf life?
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Emman08: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
Who is eating all THAT oil
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Kaa4(m): 5:48am On Sep 15, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ayamase stew also know as Ofada sauce is so delicious for people who know it.
It can be eaten with rice, agidi, plantain, beans, etc.
This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make a delicious Ofada sauce.

Ingredients:

Green peppers
Green bell peppers
Red bell peppers
Shombo
Locust bean
Crayfish
Onions
Bleached Palm oil
Chicken (use any protein of your choice)
Boiled eggs
Fish
Kpomo
Seasoning cubes
Salt
Curry powder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOzYDsbnlA

STEPS
Blend the peppers and some onions roughly, sieve out the water completely from the peppers.
Bleach the palm oil.
Add in chopped onions to the oil and fry for a minute on medium heat.
Add in Iru and stir fry for a minute also.
Add in the peppers and fry for 20-25 minutes.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt and taste to your taste buds.
Add in the washed Kpomo and fry for about 5 minutes.
Add in the boiled eggs and cook for about 5 minutes also.
Add in the chicken and or other protein of your choice.
I added some chicken broth (optional)
Steam for more 5 minutes and your Ofada sauce is ready.

All details in the video.

Looks like sacrifice!
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by BeanmanX(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2022
ValCon888:

Are u talking about Channah1/Mercychen?.....una done finish that person for this forum. cheesy
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Kipaji: 6:35am On Sep 15, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ayamase stew also know as Ofada sauce is so delicious for people who know it.
It can be eaten with rice, agidi, plantain, beans, etc.
This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make a delicious Ofada sauce.

Ingredients:

Green peppers
Green bell peppers
Red bell peppers
Shombo
Locust bean
Crayfish
Onions
Bleached Palm oil
Chicken (use any protein of your choice)
Boiled eggs
Fish
Kpomo
Seasoning cubes
Salt
Curry powder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOzYDsbnlA

STEPS
Blend the peppers and some onions roughly, sieve out the water completely from the peppers.
Bleach the palm oil.
Add in chopped onions to the oil and fry for a minute on medium heat.
Add in Iru and stir fry for a minute also.
Add in the peppers and fry for 20-25 minutes.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt and taste to your taste buds.
Add in the washed Kpomo and fry for about 5 minutes.
Add in the boiled eggs and cook for about 5 minutes also.
Add in the chicken and or other protein of your choice.
I added some chicken broth (optional)
Steam for more 5 minutes and your Ofada sauce is ready.

All details in the video.

I admire women who find ways to make money and occupy themselves at home. You show that a woman can be a stay-at-home mom/wife and still generates income. This is creative and respectable. You got a new subscriber.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Burgerlomo: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2022
Are you single? grin
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by ImaIma1(f): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Nice looking inviting food... Well-done.
Channah1 needs to learn from this.. Everytime she will be posting meals looking like low budget food meant for the less privilege prisoners.

Anyways op incase you need houseboy, let me know grin

You have bad mouth cheesy. But she states it that it is cooking on a budget.
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by ImaIma1(f): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

But if the oil is not bleached, you cannot get the same result...as per the oil for ofada sauce needs to be bleached, if not, it won't be ofada sauce. It will probably be omi obé.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by Exceed15: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2022
This is really nice.. welldone

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2022
jaxxy:
when do u put in the locust beans? what's Iru?

Locust bean is the English name for Iru.

After the onion comes Iru.
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:
Nigerians are blessed with delicious local dishes. For me I'll be fine without the boiled egg in the stew.

For some people, it's the oil soaked eggs they are interested in.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:09am On Sep 15, 2022
Kipaji:

I admire women who find ways to make money and occupy themselves at home. You show that a woman can be a stay-at-home mom/wife and still generates income. This is creative and respectable. You got a new subscriber.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.
Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:10am On Sep 15, 2022
[sub][/sub]
Burgerlomo:
Are you single? grin

No oooooo.
I am married with plenty children cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2022
ImaIma1:

But if the oil is not bleached, you cannot get the same result...as per the oil for ofada sauce needs to be bleached, if not, it won't be ofada sauce. It will probably be omi obé.

You are right.
Though good oil might not require much bleaching like other oil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Move To Ban Styrofoam, Others In Nigeria / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? / Cooking Soups With Only Groundnut Oil Instead Of Palm (red)oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.