Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,301 members, 7,850,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:47 PM

Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee (807 Views)

Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by ugwumichael(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please I want to open a dollar Domiciliary account but I was requested to present 2 current account referee which I don't have embarassed embarassed, please does anyone have any idea how I can go about it since I don't have any referee. Thank you
Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by ayoncox: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
ugwumichael:
Good evening everyone
Please I want to open a dollar Domiciliary account but I was requested to present 2 current account referee which I don't have embarassed embarassed, please does anyone have any idea how I can go about it since I don't have any referee. Thank you
use wema alat

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by emmaodet: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2022
ugwumichael:
Good evening everyone

Why don't you open UBA dollar card.
I did that. You don't need any referee. As a matter of fact, you don't need to open an account with UBA. They will just open the special dollar account for you with Visa card. You can either fund it by transferring naira into it which would be converted at prevailing parallel exchange rate or you buy dollars outside and fund it.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by DesignMaestro(m): 8:47am On Sep 14, 2022
ugwumichael:
Good evening everyone
Go to any UBA branch and tell the CC you want to open a dom advantage Account. If the CC rep asks of referees, tell him you are opting for savings domiciliary. Most of those CC reps are like robot, they mostly ask for those requirements by default.

When I wanted to open my dom acc, I visited the UBA website and found the Dom Advantage which requires no referees. However, on getting to a UBA branch, the first thing the CC rep asked for were the referees despite telling him the type of dom acc I wanted to open.

As I explained that I saw it on their website, he called another colleague who affirmed and help me to open it with just national Id, Nepa bill and a deposit of $10.

It is the acc I now use to withdraw my fund in dollar from payoneer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by cmoney22222: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2022
Fund with Naira kee. I doubt you can ever fund this account with naira
emmaodet:

Why don't you open UBA dollar card.
I did that. You don't need any referee. As a matter of fact, you don't need to open an account with UBA. They will just open the special dollar account for you with Visa card. You can either fund it by transferring naira into it which would be converted at prevailing parallel exchange rate or you buy dollars outside and fund it.
Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by emmaodet: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2022
cmoney22222:
Fund with Naira kee. I doubt you can ever fund this account with naira
This is how it works.
You make a naira transfer into it, then UBA do the approval.
If they approve it, they do the naira exchange rate at cbn rate and fund it.
The approval takes like 24 hours.
To be successful in this, we usually have uba staff who do the follow up. It is not easy.
I think max they fund the card/account is $4000 per annum if i can still remember before cbn placed a cap again on it.
Alternatively, if you can't wait for the uba/cbn approval and their wahalas, just pay in dollars into it. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by emmaodet: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Go to any UBA branch and tell the CC you want to open a dom advantage Account. If the CC rep asks of referees, tell him you are opting for savings domiciliary. Most of those CC reps are like robot, they mostly ask for those requirements by default.

When I wanted to open my dom acc, I visited the UBA website and found the Dom Advantage which requires no referees. However, on getting to a UBA branch, the first thing the CC rep asked for were the referees despite telling him the type of dom acc I wanted to open.

As I explained that I saw it on their website, he called another colleague who affirmed and help me to open it with just national Id, Nepa bill and a deposit of $10.

It is the acc I now use to withdraw my fund in dollar from payoneer.

Waooooooo

Good. I think i will opt for this for my wife though the uba special dollar card does not even require a uba account nor referee.
Re: Please How Do I Open A Dollar Account Without Having A Current Account Referee by DesignMaestro(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Okay
emmaodet:

Waooooooo

Good. I think i will opt for this for my wife though the uba special dollar card does not even require a uba account nor referee.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Reviews Weekly Cash Withdrawal Limit To N500, 000 For Individuals / Buy Long Lasting Data Plan At Good Rates / Seun You Need A Business Classified Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.