Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

What's Your Opinion? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Your Opinion? (533 Views)

Please Help With Your Candid Opinion / Opinion: Is Teaching In Private School The Worst Collar Job In Nigeria? / Get Paid Giving Your Opinion (photo Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion? by Hamachi(f): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2022
WHAT'S YOUR OPINION?

A friend reached out to me and asked that is it was right to ask everyone to join morning fellowship (Prayers) in the office. . I resumed new office on Thursday 1st September.

During onboarding, HR told us that prayers is very important to the Founders of the business. In fact, they expect everyone to join daily shocked. I wanted to protest angry but felt it was too early. It's been two weeks of morning prayers and I'm tired already cry.

To add to this scenario, do you observe opening and closing prayers before meetings at your workplace ?
Is it mandatory ?
Does it moderate the dynamics of the meeting?
Can employees express their mind or show dissent to Senior Colleagues?
Guys, please cant an employee be an Atheist in peace?
Your advice is highly needed. What obtains in your own office ?
Thank you to Ajoke Omotayo who gave me permission to share the first narrative and inspired the 2nd narrative too
Re: What's Your Opinion? by robinso01(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Their place of work,their rules. You just have to abide to still have the work.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion? by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2022
I believe that prayers (religion) should be separated from work. On the other hand, cultural (religious beliefs) are an important aspect of work. Don't forget that culture, by definition, means a person's way of life. So, how exactly can we separate people's ways of life from work??

I believe you had the opportunity to speak up at the induction phase but you failed. The other option is to adapt or leave the system.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by NuclearReactor: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion? by Hamachi(f): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2022
undecided
robinso01:
Their place of work,their rules. You just have to abide to still have the work.
Re: What's Your Opinion? by Hamachi(f): 5:04am On Jan 06, 2023

(1) (Reply)

PA & Driver Recruitment / Immediate Employment / Virtual Assistant Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.