Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) (26311 Views)

Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria / Strike: President Buhari Meets With NANS At Presidential Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Gandah(m): 5:21am On Sep 17, 2022
Meetings every week una no dey Taya grin
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by ezechi242: 5:25am On Sep 17, 2022
Here is their plan

They would give in to assu's demand by November or late October, then all students will move from their polling unit to their various schools.

Then they'll start exams a week before the election to enable non of those students casts their votes.

Its well planned but God pass them.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by kologba: 5:26am On Sep 17, 2022
Ngige is actually a short man o... standing with buhari reveal that
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by SILVERLINES: 5:34am On Sep 17, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Peter Obituary is dead on arrival APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN
may the hands APC rule this country, same hands be applicable to your life, your career, your finances and business in Jesus mighty name
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by SILVERLINES: 5:35am On Sep 17, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Go and blame PDP Ipob Igbo part not Buhari
you are such an idiot
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by ufotunang: 5:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Does Buhari even know what is happening and know ASUU problems and issues and what they are agitating for and demanding for
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by REALretep(m): 5:44am On Sep 17, 2022
May Buhari/APC never happen to us again
God abeg
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Doorlarss(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Yahoo boys can pay ASUU STRIKE But the problem is E. F. C. C.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Protedu: 6:10am On Sep 17, 2022
Nice meeting waiting anxiously
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by anytexy: 6:23am On Sep 17, 2022
Always slow to respond to urgent issues. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by AdiDami: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Peter Obituary is dead on arrival APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN
Try to take your drugs as prescribed by the psychiatrist correctly.
E get why I talk so.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by yahmohy27: 6:49am On Sep 17, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Go and blame PDP Ipob Igbo part not Buhari
They are no more using their senses or have they Lost it ni
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Danny50: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2022
Useles and inconpetents group of animals.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2022
grin grin Typhoon Buhari meeting with Pro Chancellors? Can anything good come from a catastrophe?
Buhari should be classified as a hurricane.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by ityP(m): 7:28am On Sep 17, 2022
This ASUU strike is just annoying. I mean that how long are we going to continue like this?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by colestephan86: 7:49am On Sep 17, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by ayo2008: 7:49am On Sep 17, 2022
Y not meet with ASUU.
This president sef

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Atkinson890: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by GENES11S: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Mark my words

A few weeks to the presidential elections, ASSU strike would be called off

Students would be asked to resume schools and bombarded with lectures, test and examination, they would not have time to vote in so doing they would have disenfranchised a large number of the newly registered voters

If you think the government doesn't know what they are doing, I just dey laff

There will be public holiday for election

ayo2008:
Y not meet with ASUU.
This president sef

He is an arrogant man.

His administration might not be able to solve this strike because of arrogance and corruption.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2022
ezechi242:
Here is their plan

They would give in to assu's demand by November or late October, then all students will move from their polling unit to their various schools.

Then they'll start exams a week before the election to enable non of those students casts their votes.

Its well planned but God pass them.

There would be public holiday's during election dates or would student be writing exams while election is on ?.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Voldoz: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2022
Make them come still tell us say na the Queen na make ASUU STRIKE na.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Voldoz: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2022
Kenneth10110:

There would be public holiday's during election dates or would student be writing exams while election is on ?.

Even if there is public holiday I can't vote cause my voting center is in Delta and I school in Imo except inec twerk the rules.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2022
Voldoz:

Even if there is public holiday I can't vote cause my voting center is in Delta and I school in Imo except inec twerk the rules.

are you from delta state while you school in imo ?. There will be holidays during that period and you can travel to delta if you really want to vote another option is changing your preferred destination for the voting exercise i think through the inec portal.
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by usagee36: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Very useless country and leaders. Train workers was supposed to go on strike 2days ago in America and Joe Biden solved the problem in less than 48hrs. That would have caused America $2billion per day. God bless America. I'm happy I got my blue and my Baturai by me grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by AbuAeesha: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2022
Emmamay10:
ASUU and begi begi. This is what they ought to have done at the earlier stage instead of being headstrong. They were proving to be stubborn to their employer. FG should please increase their salaries a little bit, but they must not be paid all the backlog of salaries. ASUU should make sacrifices too by accepting probably half payment.
this is just my opinion
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2022
Why is it difficult for the President to meet ASUU one on one instead of these lazy stakeholders.?
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Cognitivereason: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
vanunu:
The federal government has no business financing tertiary education, in other countries it is the state government and the private sectors that finance education.
Nigerian government seems to be the most foolish government in the whole world, with no idea of how to end perennial ASUU strike that have been going for almost thirty years.

They are not entirely foolish in a way because they know the consequences of doing such

the average fed. uni school fee for a year is between 30k and 80k max

please tell me how you want the private sector to take over and allow the fee to remain the same..last time I checked the institutions under private sector have their fees no less than 500k.or 1M average.. will you support the government if they move institutions to be under the private sector or even states or how many state government do you think can handle a fed. uni with such fee..

the federal govt isnt confused...as long as we continue to pay such fee..strikes will continue and every set of student will experience it..

those who won't are the lucky ones to afford private sector funded institutions
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Niklaus398: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
The idiot should meet with ASUU not any pro Chancellors
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
more photos

Bro, what happened they are not on facemask when they all stood together for photograph but they are wearing facemask while sitting down afar from each other ??.......

Nice pictures though.......
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Cognitivereason: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
omonnakoda:
Your statement is problematic on so many levels
Not every country has state and federal governments. Not every country with federal and state governments operate the same constitution as we do with our bizarre exclusive list and concentration of funds in the centre
All you need to have done is google countries that provide free university education .There are many.Some even provide free university education for foreigners
It is not an ideological issue.Rather it is a practical one.
Logically your statement is problematic because other countries do something( claim not true anyway) does not mean it will be good for us. I do not advocate the FG government funding universities in THE SAME WAY as they have done but not for the reasons you suggest.
After independence we could afford it now we cannot and the students need to contribute because our population has grown so it is a reality based issue
Rich countries fund their universities with a lot more that the total budget of Nigeria the models are different and students also contribute . often the funding goes toward research but there are many countries with free tuition and some offer grants or low interest loans to students. Now the US is considering forgiving billions in loans
There is no easy solution and glib declarations don't help. Ultimately students in Nigeria will have to put their hands in their pockets and poor students will be excluded to some extent. Bitter Pill
Our solution does not have to match anyone's the logic of your statement is like saying A woman should not pay bills in a household because xyz happens in another household.Totally illogical.
We need our own unique solution based on our realities

mehn... you are a rear kind..

one of the few logical ones on this platform aside backbencher / subsidywise

truth is Nigerians want this country to be like other advanced ones without studying the processes behind it and most importantly following it up..

we want steady light but we don't want to pay for the cost
we want to produce our own fuel but you still don't want to buy it at the actual worth(without subsidies)
you want govt to end subsidy but you still want the price of petrol to remain the same..
you want govt institutions to perform like the foreign ones but you don't want govt to increase the fee to the rate at which the foreign ones charge..
I can go on and on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds / Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead / Latest News On Unilag Post Ume

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.