Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) (30307 Views)

The Video Of LASTMA Officials Driving Against Traffic Happened In 2020 / Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off / Bus Driver Fights With LASTMA Officials After Passing One Way In Sabo, Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Men leave Dubai alone,you start from somewhere they break to enforce for now and be like them on the long run
you are older than dubai and you should be competing with America by now kiss undecided
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2022
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by hush15: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
They are doing their work just that stubborn nigerians don't want to obey laws,what i see on this thread so far is unreasonable REVENGEFUL talks,when you say nigeria is not obeying its own laws they started drastic action against violators you start to dey complain,the officials are plying the one way to arrest other stubborn violators,this nigeria is full of ......

Which tule are they breaking? You don't break the rules you make else ordinary citizens will always find reasons too. There was no traffic, no incidence, no emergency, nothing but still decided to use one way cos you are traffic law enforcers. While I know Nigerians have a knack for not obeying laws but the same Nigerians constitutes the law enforcement agencies and they see themselves as untouchable cos they are the law, especially in Lagos because they believe they are loyalist of BAT and as such, the have one godfather this sense of entitlement like their godfather. While many are offenders, but the ethics towards their offenders is not just corrective and punitive way but also oppressive and vindictive.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by feed70: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by uvie66: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
They are doing their work just that stubborn nigerians don't want to obey laws,what i see on this thread so far is unreasonable REVENGEFUL talks,when you say nigeria is not obeying its own laws they started drastic action against violators you start to dey complain,the officials are plying the one way to arrest other stubborn violators,this nigeria is full of ......
I beg to differ, you can't enforce a law that you are violating in real time, as they say, those that go to equity must have an unsoiled hand.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by HarlequinLekex: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2022
hush15:

Which rule are they breaking? You don't break the rules you make else ordinary citizens will always find reasons too. There was no traffic, no incidence, no emergency, nothing but still decided to use one way cos you are traffic law enforcers. While I know Nigerians have a knack for not obeying laws but the same Nigerians constitutes the law enforcement agencies and they see themselves as untouchable cos they are the law, especially in Lagos because they believe they are loyalist of BAT and as such, the have one godfather this sense of entitlement like their godfather. While many are offenders, but the ethics towards their offenders is not just corrective and punitive way but also oppressive and vindictive.
That is why ng lawmakers are the real violators,nigeria officials and nigerians don't understand themselves
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:
Are they not officers, what if there are going for rescue

Rescue of what?

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by duality(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

You may be one of those rogue Lastma

What do you think Lastma do. Is it not to find how to get money from people? We know Lastma too much to agree with your statement. Besides, Lastma have no right to disobey traffic laws.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by uvie66: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2022
Kingpele:
Hahaha the BAT legacy of lawlessness and wickedness..why would you auction someone car simply because he drove against traffic...this is criminal..why not fine the person or put him or her in prison for many months as possible to deter others from driving against the traffic...well this the legacy of the ach Bishop of agbadorians..with him as president Nigeria will be in his pocket as lagos state..when they say turning Nigeria like lagos, this is what he meant...but my greatest fear is his terrorist vice Shettima
the thought of losing your means of livelihood is a strong deterrence, Nigerians need draconian laws to reset their brains to behave lawfully.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Treadway: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2022
Hope to not get caught in this one-way web (cos not everyone knowingly drove into one-way), but if for whatever reason I do and my car is about to be impounded. I will invoke my last right to damage my car there and then. Lastma has the right to impound but only the court has right to grant forfeiture.. I will destroy that car before it ever gets to the yard or court. No One else will use it. Coke and mentos is all I need to do the trick, or just open the engine oil cap, with a sprinkle of bashed windscreen, windows and stabbed tyres. Na that day dem go see new display never seen before. If I will lose the car might as well lose it on my terms...I no go fight anybody, I go just kuma destroy the car. Lol

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by dfrost02: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2022
nlfpmod:

nlfpmod I sent a mail to the mods and cc: you.

I also mentioned you. Kindly check my account that was banned until 2032. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Kindly assist. Thanks.

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by HarlequinLekex: 11:39am On Sep 17, 2022
uvie66:
I beg to differ, you can't enforce a law that you are violating in real time, as they say, those that go to equity must have an unsoiled hand.
There are trying to break to enforce for now[but they makes it seems they are unquestionable] nigeria officials and nigerians don't understand themselves
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Dottormentor: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubu kill you there, low life slowpoke
Totilopussylick:
These are the kind of people

Tinubu breed of all the time he was a governor in Lagos state tongue

Very stubborn species
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2022
endsarrrs:
Bias government of Lagos.

Auctioning IGBO AND HAUSA owned cars for ordinary traffic offenses

Losser!

It's not done even in Ghana or Abuja
if a bread winner is killer by a car taking a wrong way…what do you think would happen to the family he feeds?
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Olayetan(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:

Which rescue lastman wan go for? Are they ambulance or fire fighters?

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
They are lawless touts
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:

where do u see police cars in the US u are trying to copy follow one way in the name going to rescuse?

who are they rescuing? They are not even the police or RRS. This is lastma like vio. Lolz
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Mrkindness: 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:
that's y u should mind ur fuvking business
does it means we don't have people that are truthful again ?
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by TGM2015: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
hush15:

Which tule are they breaking? You don't break the rules you make else ordinary citizens will always find reasons too. There was no traffic, no incidence, no emergency, nothing but still decided to use one way cos you are traffic law enforcers. While I know Nigerians have a knack for not obeying laws but the same Nigerians constitutes the law enforcement agencies and they see themselves as untouchable cos they are the law, especially in Lagos because they believe they are loyalist of BAT and as such, the have one godfather this sense of entitlement like their godfather. While many are offenders, but the ethics towards their offenders is not just corrective and punitive way but also oppressive and vindictive.
The law and any reasonable law enforcement officers will never find you guilty of driving against traffic in any emergency cases. Also, the same law allows service vehicles (ambulance, police, even LASTMA) to drive against traffic if need arises.

But in the video the LASTMA has no justifiable reason to take one way but if it happens that someone breaks a traffic law and they find it necessary reasonable to that that one way and the man did what he did, he can be charge to court and can be find guilty the the officer can proof there was an arrest they are on to effect.

The man is wrong because he did not know why the service vehicle drove against traffic before obstructing them. I believe these officers were abusing their privilege in the first place, if not, the man will be arrest and charge for obstructing a valid and legal duties of a legal officer.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by jhoshy55: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by obi58: 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
fuke:

Calm down.
sometimes, you break the law to enforce the law.
Besides, there are some categories of drivers who have the right to break traffic laws.
Ambulance, fire fighters, vehicles on rescue mission which this one could be on.

Absolutely unjustifiable to break the law in a bid to enforce the law! Several times in traffic army officers and even police leave their convoys in traffic and proceed on foot to where the blockage is to clear the Jam. Why can't lastma officers do likewise? Why are they not equipped with bikes for rapid response?

Driving one way is a risk to oncoming drivers whose lives are endangered by this act and same should not be condoned from Lastma on any grounds!

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by seunjungle1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
Abuja get law...no be Lagos law dem dey copy for abj

endsarrrs:
Bias government of Lagos.

Auctioning IGBO AND HAUSA owned cars for ordinary traffic offenses

Losser!

It's not done even in Ghana or Abuja
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by gloryman91: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
This is a marked vehicle, it might be emergency case.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Detolanny(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

Were you in their van when the incident happened or they specifically told you that they plied one-way to arrest stubborn violators (on 3MB for that matter).

Besides we all see LASTMA, KAI, LSNC vans ply one-way or use BRT lane either on our way to the office or on our way home (when the traffic is so heavy). Same thing applies to LASG officials (working at either Alausa or any of LASG agencies) - they ply one-way or use the BRT lane whenever there's traffic while displaying/hanging their ID Cards on the rear view mirror. The application of the law should not affect some peeps while others act with impunity. The only exception here is Fire Trucks and Ambulances (if there's an emergency)
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Detolanny(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
fuke:

Calm down.
sometimes, you break the law to enforce the law.
Besides, there are some categories of drivers who have the right to break traffic laws.
Ambulance, fire fighters, vehicles on rescue mission which this one could be on.

And does that include LASTMA/KAI/LSNC Vans? What rescue mission are they going for? Last time I checked, their job is to ONLY direct traffic when there are bottlenecks (to ensure free flow of traffic). They are never trained as paramedics or firefighters or LRU officers. Same applies to officials of LASG driving either their private cars or the MDAs' utility vehicle/tool of trade; they flout traffic laws with impunity knowing fully well that nobody will reprimand them. What about politicians in their convoy or wealthy individuals that either ply one-way or use BRT lane in order to beat traffic? Have ever seen LASTMA or LASG Task Force apprehend them? We see these everyday but its only few individual private car owners that are usually the scapegoat.

Drive from Bolade to Ikeja Along in the evening (during rush hour with the heavy traffic) and see how some "selected" vehicles either ply one way or use the BRT lane and the LASTMA & LASG Task force (stationed around the Airport corridor) will still allow them to pass.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Urchbaby007246: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
cheesy ;Dif to say I see Dem, I 4 jam Dem. Make I see who go hold who
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Detolanny(m): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Men leave Dubai alone,you start from somewhere they break to enforce for now and be like them on the long run

Did you read what you just typed? Does it make any sense to you? If a vehicle breaks traffic rule, all you need do is radio your fellow officers ahead giving description of the vehicle so that it can be apprehended or you allow the security cameras do their work; after all we have cameras in most places in Lagos now or are they not working?

What if in the process of plying one-way in a bid to "enforce arrest of a supposed violator" and they have a head-on collision with an oncoming vehicle?

Two wrongs they say, don't make a right. You don't commit an anomaly to correct an anomaly.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by lokho(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
People wey Dem suppose burn on spot
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by jojothaiv(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
No matter how you want to be diplomatic, something should tell you that all animals are not equal...
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Detolanny(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
hush15:

Go to most of the major Bus-Stops/Road interceptions and see the kingly life LASMA, KAI & LSNC officers live. They collect bottled water (sometimes pet drinks) from these hawkers for FREE. They collect beef rolls & other snack from the hawkers for free. Anytime a sachet water (popularly known as "pure water" truck/van passes a junction, they must collect one bag from those guys.

I was descending the Iyana-Ipaja bridge about 2 weeks ago (enroute Egbeda) and as I about about approaching the Iyana-Ipaja roundabout, i just caught a glipse of a LASMA officer walking towards these kids selling cooked groundnut. The next thing I saw was that he dipped his fist into the girl's tray and packed a handful of groundnut, walked away and started eating them one-by-one. I just opened my mouth and was like WTF did I just witnessed now?

Those guys live like dons and see whatever they do as the norm. To them, the law empowers them to do anyhow.
Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by Detolanny(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
uvie66:
the thought of losing your means of livelihood is a strong deterrence, Nigerians need draconian laws to reset their brains to behave lawfully.

Nope, i beg to disagree. laws need not be draconian to elicit compliance. There are times you violate the law innocently. You can drive to a location you're not familiar with and enter one-way unknowingly. Agreed, ignorance of the law is no excuse but then the penalty should have a human face.

It is not all violators that do it intentionally. Your car can just decide to develop an electrical issue while on 3MB or any other highway and you'll be in a panic mode. I shouldn't pay thru my nose or lose my vehicle cos my vehicle developed fault all of the sudden or I had flat tyre. Your officers should at least offer assistance and i can still be made to pay a mild fine.

Wait until you be at the receiving end then you'll know how painful this is.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Officials Break 'One Way' Lagos Traffic Law (Photo) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
you are m@d or something?. Plying one way to arrest other stubborn violators, are you sick in the head or something?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge Is Now Fully Open (See Photos) / Nissan Rouge Badly Smashed In Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.