Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. (2749 Views)

What's The Android Game That Made Your 2015 / You Know You're A Game Addict When / Any Football Game That Can Run On This Specs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Josyrogers(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2011
If you have played a lot of PS3 games then your experience is needed! See, I happened to play METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and came to love the game's very intense action, storyline and long hours of play. Now the problem is this: the games I have come accross have not been able to offer what I got from MGS4. (except for uncharted 2: among thieves)Either they have silly storylines, short play time, or poor action.
I am not particularly concerned about graphics (though it's good to have good graphics but I think developers focus too much time on graphics and not much is done to enhance the story)
Please if you have played alot of PS3 games, which in your opinion could win me over?
And if you haven't played much but have played a good one that you think I need to try I'll like your suggestions.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Bawss1(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2011
MGS4 is a classic no doubt but there are some other nice games you would enjoy too. Have you tried Batman Arkham Asylum, Heavy Rain or even L.A Noire? I didn't used to like first person shooters (FPS) till I came across Modern Warfare and I have since gobbled up every recent COD title.
Anyways for all MGS fans another one is in the works (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Rising) its not focused on Snake anymore, don't expect it out anytime soon though.  smiley
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Josyrogers(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
@bawss
I am going to get L.A Noire. I did a review check and saw that it has a good review score as a good game. I'll post what I think of it later. I've seen batman asylum, and sincerely, wasn't impressed.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by guysmat(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2011
Get your hands on "Demon's Souls". It requires severe patience though; but once you get the hang of things and the game's complicated requirements, you'll be challenged for months to come. Do more research here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Bawss1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
Josyrogers:

@bawss
I am going to get L.A Noire. I did a review check and saw that it has a good review score as a good game. I'll post what I think of it later. I've seen batman asylum, and sincerely, wasn't impressed.

How can you not be impressed by Batman Arkham Asylum? shocked Just play it some and your opinion will change in its favor.

MGS4 is a great game but its replay value is not as high as say COD - this is coming from someone whose moniker was derived from metal gear.  grin
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by bxg(m): 5:36am On Aug 24, 2011
Heavy Rain most boring game Ever dunno eat d fuss is bout angry angry cry
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by ritchboy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
bxg:

Heavy Rain most boring game Ever dunno eat d fuss is bout angry angry cry

The ending(s) were meh. And the fat PI dude turning out to be the Origami Killer made me want to break my console house grin grin

Bawss1:

How can you not be impressed by Batman Arkham Asylum?

Most repetitive game ever. . . Not necessarily a bad thing if what you're doing is actually fun(i.e AC). AA = grapple onto gargoyle, activate detective mode, wait for baddie, over and over and over!
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Bawss1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
ritchboy:

Most repetitive game ever. . . Not necessarily a bad thing if what you're doing is actually fun(i.e AC). AA = grapple onto gargoyle, activate detective mode, wait for baddie, over and over and over!

C'mon the game was fun and the storyline wasn't bad.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by bxg(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
ritchboy:

The ending(s) were meh. And the fat PI dude turning out to be the Origami Killer made me want to break my console house grin grin

Lol kept askin myself wen d action was gonna start, instead u had 2 do silly tins lik puttin a baby 2 sleep nd so on sad angry grin
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by lilkech(m): 2:26am On Sep 30, 2011
Go for final fantasy 13. Just play it patiently for 5 hours and i guarantee its juju will hook you at once. All its titles are epic.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by imperiouxx(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2011
I have been following MG series right from the PS1 days. Its my favorite on any PS console but later when I played COD series on PS3, I added it to MG series as the best game ever on PS console with good storyline, graphic, shooting and long time duration. No doubt about that.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by imperiouxx(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2011
Bawss1:

How can you not be impressed by Batman Arkham Asylum? shocked Just play it some and your opinion will change in its favor.

MGS4 is a great game but its replay value is not as high as say COD - this is coming from someone whose moniker was derived from metal gear.  grin

It has been my custom to play any of my game at the hardest mode to get some goodies for the next replay and play it twice more but for the COD Modern Warfare the episode - hornet nest, it was something else that after I finished the whole game with serious headache each time I embark on it, I don't pray to replay it again instantly but wait for many months.hs.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Bawss1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2011
imperiouxx:

It has been my custom to play any of my game at the hardest mode to get some goodies for the next replay and play it twice more but for the COD Modern Warfare the episode - hornet nest, it was something else that after I finished the whole game with serious headache each time I embark on it, I don't pray to replay it again instantly but wait for many months.hs.

I see, but I can't stand playing a game I have already finished if there are no new surprises that await me. That's why I said MGS4 has a low replay value. Other than say a new camo or a new weapon there's nothing to experience. Now compare that to COD which I mentioned earlier and you'll see it has new maps, new modes and new challenges that can still be played over and over and over and over. . . you get my point right?  smiley

BTW who still plays MGS4 in 2011? cheesy That game was great and all but its so ancient now. Folks had better catch up with the times.   grin
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
^^^ yeah COD opens new missions. Mind you mid last year I played MGS4 last.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
Haba, God of War na. Start playing from part 1 aka ghost of sparta all the way to part 3. Part 1 and 2 are in ps 2. Its the bestest ever. Read the story line on wiki and get blown away.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by imperiouxx(m): 12:40am On Oct 05, 2011
blink182:

Haba, God of War na. Start playing from part 1 aka ghost of sparta all the way to part 3. Part 1 and 2 are in ps 2. Its the bestest ever. Read the story line on wiki and get blown away.

If you think GOW is the best ever, then you are not a mature gamer. GOW series have good graphics but too simple, premature and too obsolete for the advanced gamers. Step up mai guy. . . .go get yourself some real mature tactical epic games with graphics even better than GOW series.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2011
Really? I love that game and I guess i am not that much of a gamer. Its still the best to me though.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Brisingr(m): 12:40am On Oct 06, 2011
granted am not yur typical hardcore gamer but i have played metal gear on the psp and i did not enjoy it so much but GOW is mind blowin dis game is so great am gatherin money to buy ps3 just to see how evrytin goes down am even hearin rumours of callliope starrin in d next installment of d series
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Bawss1(m): 11:00am On Oct 06, 2011
All this mention of hardcore gaming led me to start a thread about hardcore gamers. See here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-776103.0.html
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Grizz: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
How are there no good RPGs on the ps3 anyways? Almost makes me wish i bought an xbox360 instead.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by LordReed(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2011
So far this thread has been mostly about Tactical Shooters. Now lemme introduce a game that has style, eye candy and skill a plenty SOUL CALIBUR IV!!!

This game has it all: difficult challenges, unlocks a plenty, lots of replayability and for a combat game has a pretty decent storyline and well fleshed out characters.

You might not be a fan of combat games but I can bet you that SOUL CALIBUR IV will suck you right in!
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by sniperwolf(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
Metal Gear Portable Ops+ and F.E.A.R 2.
Halo: Combat Evolve tight pass all the series of God of War. God Of War is for premature gamers
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by sniperwolf(m): 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2011
Guns of Patriot is the only series I played and I almost ran mad when looking for Walkthrough, that was before the console spoilt. The game hard, but I will beat it someday
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by samir101ng(m): 1:27am On Oct 28, 2011
@Sniperwolf,

Your username always reminds me of one of my favorite FOXHOUND bosses. The chick was a badass. One thing about Metal Gear is its unique story and game play. But i must agree that its a game that has little re playable value.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by lumzi23: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2011
Lord_Reed:

So far this thread has been mostly about Tactical Shooters. Now lemme introduce a game that has style, eye candy and skill a plenty SOUL CALIBUR IV!!!

This game has it all: difficult challenges, unlocks a plenty, lots of replayability and for a combat game has a pretty decent storyline and well fleshed out characters.

You might not be a fan of combat games but I can bet you that SOUL CALIBUR IV will suck you right in!

Soul Calibur 4 was alright but SC2 was better. The visuals of 4 aren't great (actually I haven't been impressed by a fighters visuals since DOA3), the gameplay was ok but it doesn't touch the sheer awesome bliss of Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

To other people: I like COD4 a lot but my favorite shooter has to be Rainbow Six Vegas. I am not talking about the single player, no, what I am talking about is the awesome, incredible online multiplayer (especially Assassination mode). I have missed it since I came to Nigeria. Another game with fantastic online multi is Gears of War. The single player is ok but the competitive multiplayer is excellent. I have only played the first one online but I hear the third is even better. Darn it!

If you want to talk about iOS games then Infinity Blade is the one. I used to hate even the idea of all these touch screen games but then I heard about a few good games like this and angry birds. Angry birds is decent but Infinity Blade is the real deal. It is a simple yet surprisingly deep game that plays to the strengths of Apple's iDevices and yet gives console games are for their money in terms of fun and setting. Even the concept of the game is cool with whole "infinity" idea (I won't spoil it, play the game if you have the chance). Don't expect this to be full console game but if you take it as it is, you'll have tons of fun. Only real flaw is that it can be a tad repetitive in the actual combat (and even the concept but that's intentional (not going to spoil it)). Still it's a great game.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by sniperwolf(m): 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2011
@Samir101ng
Sniper Wolf was one the the favourite bosses I love fighting against. After you've played it twice to unlock Camo and Stealth it doesn't have a reply value because it's too lengthy
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by imperiouxx(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
The lenght isn't the issue but that's how the game is written. You end it, stealth camo and weapons upgraded unlike COD4 lenghty and few new maps after you end it. Love it though.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Josyrogers(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
@sniperwolf, why spend so much on a game that last just a few hours when you can get a game with a well written plot and whose characters are mentally engaging?? Even when a game has so much action but the conversations within the game is so dry and scanty, it quickly gets forgotten. That's why Metal Gear is different. It is well balanced.
Re: Suggest A Game That Beat Mgs4 And State Your Reasons. by Next2Bezee(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
I don't like MGS, yep i said it. lipsrsealed I have played all halfway and just didn't see any reason to finish.
I loved Heavy Rain and i believe that's the best game i've played on the PS3.

My fav game series is Halo.

(1) (Reply)

Slavery:the Game / Football Manager 2011 Demo Now Out! / Let's Play Fifa 14 Online On Xbox, Playstation & Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.