Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly (927 Views)

"I Strangled Her With Her Hijab" - Kidnapper Slaughters 13-Year-Old Girl In Kano / Police Beat Nscdc Official Dead In Front Of His Wife And Children(photos) / Adenuga Adetoun: Soldiers Beat Lady For Confronting Them For Almost Hitting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by BetterHeadline: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2022
A YOUNG woman has been beaten to death by Iran's morality police for failing to comply with the country's strict hijab rules, it has been alleged.

Mahsa Amini, 22, was declared brain dead after she was reportedly beaten into a coma by the police on on Tuesday.

SOURCE
The young woman had travelled from the western province of Kurdistan to see relatives in the capital Tehran.

According to the Iranian police, Mahsa did not follow the rules, which legally require women in Iran to wear a hijab.

Independent Iranian media outlet Iranwire reported police took Mahsa off the street earlier that night before she was allegedly beaten up at a station, where many women were held, on Vozara Avenue.

Citing eyewitnesses, other media reports, meanwhile, claimed that Mahsa was arrested and beaten inside the morality police van while being taken away to a detention centre.

The young woman's brother, Kiarash Amini, told Iranwire that he was with Mahsa when she was abducted after a morality patrol van blocked their way before officers grabbed Mahsa and forced her inside the vehicle.

The young man alleged the morality police, known as Gasht-e Ershad, told him that they would release Mahsa within an hour after a so-called "re-education class" for "improper hijab", but he heard screaming when he got to the building.

Kiarash alleged some of the detained women fled, and confirmed his worth fears.

"Every one of them said somebody inside had been killed," he is quoted as saying.

"I showed Mahsa’s picture to the women. One of them said Mahsa was next to her when it happened.

“I was shocked, and terrified. I asked one of the soldiers what had happened. He said ‘One of our own soldiers has been injured.’ He was lying. I didn’t believe him. It was Mahsa in that ambulance. I ran until I reached Kasra Hospital.”

Doctors allegedly told Kiarash that his sister had suffered a stroke or a heart attack.

It was later revealed that the doctors said Mahsa's "brain is no longer conscious". She died on Friday.

Police in Iran's capital have reportedly denied any wrongdoings and said Mahsa was take to the station for "justification and education", but that the young woman had then "suddenly suffered a heart problem."

This assertion has been rejected by human rights activists.

Amnesty International's Middle East and North Africa office reacted: "The circumstances leading to the suspicious death in custody of 22-year-old young woman Mahsa Amini, which include allegations of torture and other ill-treatment in custody, must be criminally investigated."

Kiarash told Iranwire he went to a courthouse to file a complaint.

"I will pursue it. But you know how the system works. They gave me a letter and told me to go to the headquarters in Vozara Avenue to register my complaint there. It’s like asking my father to name the murderer if I killed someone in our house.

“But I won’t allow this to end in silence. I will tell everyone in Iran what happened.”
[...]

Iranian journalist and activist Masih Alinejad [url=https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1570747107820335104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1570747107820335104%7Ctwgr%5E9f78e26cdbcd3e6b0cc6ed962bc6f36d3f89bbe5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fenglish.alarabiya.net%2FNews%2Fmiddle-east%2F2022%2F09%2F16%2FIranian-woman-beaten-by-police-for-not-wearing-hijab-dies-after-coma]tweeted[/url] : "Iranian women are outraged. Forced hijab is the main pillar of religious dictatorship."

Wearing the hijab became mandatory after Iran's Islamic Revolution in 1979.

Follow Up:
Women Protest Morality Police Murder By Removing Hijabs

Women in Iran took off their hijabs to mark a protest over the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini after detention by 'Morality Police.'

SOURCE
Protests broke out in western Iran at the funeral of a 22-year-old Mahsa Amini who died after being in detention by morality police enforcing strict hijab rules on Saturday, September 17.

Women removed their hijab to protest against the death of the young woman in detention. As security forces used tear gas to disperse protesters, the women chanted "death to the dictator!"
Women of Iran-Saghez removed their headscarves in protest against the murder of Mahsa Amini 22 Yr old woman by hijab police and chanting: death to dictator!

Removing hijab is a punishable crime in Iran. We call on women and men around the world to show solidarity. #_ pic.twitter.com/ActEYqOr1Q
— Masih Alinejad (@AlinejadMasih) [url=https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1571134616974790656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw]September 17, 2022[/url]

The death of the 22-year-old Iranian woman in detention by morality police sparked protest by several Iranians who took to the street to protest. Some even protest on social media platforms.

An Iranian journalist tweeted, “Removing hijab is a punishable crime in Iran. We call on women and men around the world to show solidarity.”
Mahsa Amini was detained by Iran’s morality police for allegedly not complying with the country’s hijab regulations.

Protesters even took down a banner of Qasem Soleimani (the dead commander of IRGC Quds force) while protesting.

In the past few months, Iranian rights activists have urged women to publicly remove their veils, a gesture that would risk their arrest for defying the Islamic dress code as the country's hardline rulers crack down harder on "immoral behaviour".

Videos posted on social media have shown cases of what appeared to be heavy-handed action by morality police units against women who had removed their hijab.

Authorities launched probes into the death of Mahsa Amini following a demand by President Ebrahim Raisi, state media reported. Police said the 22-year-old was taken ill as she waited together with other detained women at a morality police station.

"Since her transfer to the vehicle and also at the location (station), there was no physical encounter with her," a police statement said, rejecting allegations on social media that Amini was likely beaten.

Follow Up:
Iranian security forces directly shoot at protesters in the city of Saqqez following the burial of Mahsa Amini

SOURCE
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by wis3(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2022
"When in Rome"
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by Humbleyou: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
wicked world
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by Ever8090: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
I am not a religious bigot, but I think Islam is a nuisance to mankind

3 Likes

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by money121(m): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wahala
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by temitope27(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
Pictures abeg
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by cococandy(f): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
Then people say women in Islam aren’t oppressed. Like they all came together and chose this?
Like they don’t get punished for wanting anything else but what the men and their society demand. I’ll never get the logic

3 Likes

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by GloriousGbola: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2022
judge jury and executioner

that is called a dystopia in comic books.

this is what they are gunning for in the north with hisbah

a bunch of thugs with the power of life and death over perceived moral infractions

2 Likes

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by Blackfire(m): 6:20am On Sep 21, 2022
No comments

Islam is a religion of peace...ignore minor trivial
Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:41am On Sep 21, 2022
Islam,, a religion of sorrow. I don't know why majority of women born into such bondage do not run away from home and go start life somewhere else. It is better to be a "free fugitive" in another man's land, than to "live in everlasting bondage", in your own land.

3 Likes

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by cococandy(f): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Islam,, a religion of sorrow. I don't know why majority of women born into such bondage do not run away from home and go start life somewhere else. It is better to be a "free fugitive" in another man's land, than to "live in everlasting bondage", in your own land.

It can’t be easy.

2 Likes

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by cococandy(f): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:
judge jury and executioner

that is called a dystopia in comic books.

this is what they are gunning for in the north with hisbah

a bunch of thugs with the power of life and death over perceived moral infractions

The worst thing is that they don’t have to exist. There are people who will choose that strict lifestyle voluntarily without being coerced by any morality police. They should make it so that everyone can follow the path they want and everyone wins

1 Like

Re: Morality Police Beat Lady To Death For Not Wearing Her Hijab Properly by elonmuskbaby: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
Headslammers with their usual behaviour grin

(1) (Reply)

INSIDE LIFE:. MAN Beaten To Stupor By Soldiers For Raping Fed University, Lokoja / I Sent Money For Forex Account Management And He Hasnt Responded To Me In A Week / State CID Arrested Nhasty Jee And Odogwu Malaysia For Destroying Police Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.