Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

An Incident That Made Me Cry - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Incident That Made Me Cry (647 Views)

Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated / Incident And Accident Investigation Reporting / Federal Job, Incident Analyst For Africa Entry-level Planet Risk-united States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Incident That Made Me Cry by Calexzy(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
Mornings are meant for productivity, planning of the day and feeling at the uppermost part of your spirit. I mean that is when your vibe is meant to be at its highest, but I think my case was different that Tuesday morning. So lately i have been feeling uninterested about things around me. You know that feeling where things around you does not seem valuable at all. That was how i felt. Face pale, body weak and still tucked in bed at 7:30 but i decided to shake it off and GET at my Day.

Got to do some chores like sweeping, and a bit of cleaning. While i was about to jump into the shower for a warm bath, boom, my water had finished from the tank.

All this time, there hadn't been electricity at my place for about 4 days which was very strange but wasn't really concerned since i was mostly at work and anytime i get home late i just go to bed.

In this scenario, i was very annoyed and felt more frustrated. In fact i wanted to abandon work for that day but i decided to push.

Reached out to my wallet to grab some cash and all i saw was a thousand naira note (N1000). I stood in contemplation and later wore this blue short and my green singlet, got on a bike and headed for the gas station to get some fuel for my Generator.

Now this was the part that made me burst into tears. I got this ten liter keg from the store as i headed to the station. As i got there, speaking to the attendant to give me a thousand naira worth of fuel, Brethren, you wouldn't believe what i saw. This fuel was barely touching the 50% mark on the keg. I was confused. i didn't understand my feeling at that point. I can't even tell what i felt as i carried the keg which was as light as a glass of water. I mean, it was that light. Or is it the fact that i had just gained some muscle mass and didn't really feel the effect of little weight? Haha. We both know that can't be the case.

That moment reminded me of those days a liter of fuel would sell for N65. I and my Mum wanted to travel from Uyo to Ikot- Ekpene and she used N3000 to fill her Mercedes Benz V Boot that time which took us to and fro. Gosh.

The Inflation that has come on us before our very eyes is a nightmare where we are drowning and no one is coming to save us. This then resembles the popular Titanic Incident. Everyone is just holding on to the little pieces so they can float. Everyone is trying to stay alive without drowning. But how much longer can they hold?

How much longer can you hold?

My story might not be so touching to you, because How much we can all hold is dependent on the standard of living we have, pressing issues, personal battles, sickness, depression, and all that. How much longer can you hold?

Who is coming to save us??

How many people will drown before they can be saved??

How much damage will be done by the time help comes??

These are the questions i keep asking myself every time. I got home, turned the fuel into my Generator and then pumped some water while having a warm bath before heading to work.

Since then i just kept thinking how worse this could get. My people, No matter how independent you get with the advantage of the internet to work from home and work remotely and earning in foreign currency, We could still be affected if the situation gets worse. Even though, shouldn't we be concerned about others at least?

The next governance is really critical to either the fall or rise of the system. We should vote wisely. Enough of bad leaders who are looking for the political seats for selfish reasons leaving us damaged year after year.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Incident That Made Me Cry by robinso01(m): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
This is where Nigerian government has brought us. So saddening.
Re: An Incident That Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2022
Calexzy:
Mornings are meant for productivity, planning of the day and feeling at the uppermost part of your spirit. I mean that is when your vibe is meant to be at its highest, but I think my case was different that Tuesday morning. So lately i have been feeling uninterested about things around me. You know that feeling where things around you does not seem valuable at all. That was how i felt. Face pale, body weak and still tucked in bed at 7:30 but i decided to shake it off and GET at my Day.

Got to do some chores like sweeping, and a bit of cleaning. While i was about to jump into the shower for a warm bath, boom, my water had finished from the tank.

All this time, there hadn't been electricity at my place for about 4 days which was very strange but wasn't really concerned since i was mostly at work and anytime i get home late i just go to bed.

In this scenario, i was very annoyed and felt more frustrated. In fact i wanted to abandon work for that day but i decided to push.

Reached out to my wallet to grab some cash and all i saw was a thousand naira note (N1000). I stood in contemplation and later wore this blue short and my green singlet, got on a bike and headed for the gas station to get some fuel for my Generator.

Now this was the part that made me burst into tears. I got this ten liter keg from the store as i headed to the station. As i got there, speaking to the attendant to give me a thousand naira worth of fuel, Brethren, you wouldn't believe what i saw. This fuel was barely touching the 50% mark on the keg. I was confused. i didn't understand my feeling at that point. I can't even tell what i felt as i carried the keg which was as light as a glass of water. I mean, it was that light. Or is it the fact that i had just gained some muscle mass and didn't really feel the effect of little weight? Haha. We both know that can't be the case.

That moment reminded me of those days a liter of fuel would sell for N65. I and my Mum wanted to travel from Uyo to Ikot- Ekpene and she used N3000 to fill her Mercedes Benz V Boot that time which took us to and fro. Gosh.

The Inflation that has come on us before our very eyes is a nightmare where we are drowning and no one is coming to save us. This then resembles the popular Titanic Incident. Everyone is just holding on to the little pieces so they can float. Everyone is trying to stay alive without drowning. But how much longer can they hold?

How much longer can you hold?

My story might not be so touching to you, because How much we can all hold is dependent on the standard of living we have, pressing issues, personal battles, sickness, depression, and all that. How much longer can you hold?

How many people will drown before they can be saved??

How much damage will be done by the time help comes??

These are the questions i keep asking myself every time. I got home, turned the fuel into my Generator and then pumped some water while having a warm bath before heading to work.

Since then i just kept thinking how worse this could get. My people, No matter how independent you get with the advantage of the internet to work from home and work remotely and earning in foreign currency, We could still be affected if the situation gets worse. Even though, shouldn't we be concerned about others at least?

The next governance is really critical to either the fall or rise of the system. We should vote wisely. Enough of bad leaders who are looking for the political seats for selfish reasons leaving us damaged year after year.

I know not everyone has the means to leave the country...but there are some opportunities abroad that you can be sponsored especially if those skills are in high demand without paying a dime except maybe accommodation...greedy politicians have finished the country for everyone

1 Like

Re: An Incident That Made Me Cry by budaatum: 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Calexzy:

This is the point you lost any positive sentiment I had for you, and you began so well with your "Mornings are meant for productivity, planning of the day and feeling at the uppermost part of your spirit"!

No one is coming to save you, but I trust you will consider saving yourself when your thousand Naira buys you less than a teaspoon of petrol, because one day, if we Nigerians do not get off our asses and be more productive, that day will one day come.

Re: An Incident That Made Me Cry by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2022
budaatum:

This is the point you lost any positive sentiment I had for you, and you began so well with your "Mornings are meant for productivity, planning of the day and feeling at the uppermost part of your spirit"!

No one is coming to save you, but I trust you will consider saving yourself when your thousand Naira buys you less than a teaspoon of petrol, because one day, if we Nigerians do not get off our asses and be more productive, that day will one day come.

It was a rhetorical question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Incident That Made Me Cry by budaatum: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2022
Rayban25:

It was a rhetorical question.

Yeah, I know. I was going to add, don't take it personal, just I forgot.

My response applies to me too.

https://www.nairaland.com/7341941/china-build-world-first-desert#116827726

(1) (Reply)

NGO: NRC Job Vacancy Apply Now / Post Any It Firm That Want To Recuit. / Income For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.