Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

I’m Going Into Music – Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dike - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Going Into Music – Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dike (795 Views)

Ini Edo Delves Into Music, Set To Release Track? / Omg!! See What Popular Actress Tonto Dikeh Publicly Ask Fans To (photo) / Wizkid Speaks About Alleged Romance With Actress Tonto Dike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Going Into Music – Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dike by r231(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
Nollywood actress Tonto Dike speaks with ADUNOLA FASUYI of Tribune newspapers. The actress tells of how she dislikes cooking and washing dishes even though she claims to be very homely. She also tells of her plans to join the music industry and more. Enjoy:

Are you a homely girl, that is can you be caught cooking or doing house chores?
I don’t cook, not because I don’t know how to cook. I mean I could try to cook and make you a good meal, but it’s not just my thing. The regular thing I do is just sit at home with my friends, watch movies. I love to watch movies a lot. I think I am very homely, because I practically do everything myself at home.

So you do house chores like washing?
No, I don’t wash. I hate to wash, but every other thing like cleaning my room, I handle myself. I do other things around the house, not that I don’t have other people to do it, but I am just never satisfied with the way they handle it. You cannot satisfy me when it comes to hygiene. I work on them when I am at home.

What other career gets your attention than acting?
Recently, I just got crazy with my thoughts and I know I want to go into music. I love music, don’t get me wrong, I am not the best singer in the world. I don’t want to be the best singer in the world either, but I just want to have fun with music. I want to feel music, I want to love music and I want to make good music. If I work on my voice and I learn a few tricks, I can be very good with that too.

What is this thing with all actors loving music as a second career these days?
For me, I have always loved music, but I have never thought about singing. The passion just came. I have people around me who can help me make music become a big success. That is why I am willing to take that bold step.

People feel some ladies in the industry are practicing Lesbianism, what do you think about that?
That is their private life, I don’t have a right to talk about them or what they do or what they believe in. I have my different belief that works for me. If that works for them, they should knock themselves out. I don’t discriminate. I mean it’s in the Bible. God destroyed a whole country because of the sin of being gay. God killed a whole country, knowing there could be kings, there could be pastors and righteous people in that country, so obviously, it is bad.

So we can say Tonto Dike is also very religious?
I am a good Christian surprisingly. I am a member of the Christ Embassy, but in Lagos, which is far from home, that is, Port Harcourt, I worship with This Present House, Lekki.

A lot of people think you are Igbo because of the ‘Dike’ in your name?
No, I’m not. My mum is partially Igbo.

http://www.nollywoodgossip.net/2011/08/13/i%E2%80%99m-going-into-music-%E2%80%93-nollywood-actress-tonto-dike/
Re: I’m Going Into Music – Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dike by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2011
Are you a homely girl, that is can you be caught cooking or doing house chores?
I don’t cook, not because I don’t know how to cook. I mean I could try to cook and make you a good meal, but it’s not just my thing. The regular thing I do is just sit at home with my friends, watch movies. I love to watch movies a lot. I think I am very homely, because I practically do everything myself at home.

Intresting!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce And Jay Z Expecting First Child / Whitney Huston Dies / Video - Ice Prince - Juju (better Than Oleku Or Not?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.