Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,417 members, 7,861,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Looking For Opportunities To Show Your Talent/skills? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Looking For Opportunities To Show Your Talent/skills? (111 Views)

Focus! Check Out Opened Opportunities To Expand Your Business / Enroll Your Business With Youth Msmes Database For Opportunities / The Art Being Positioned For Opportunities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Opportunities To Show Your Talent/skills? by ChinweAmaka19(f): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
I'm sure you've heard this popular quote a lot of times;

"If the opportunity you seek doesn't come, create one for yourself"

Guess what?

It's possible!

In fact, I am a living witness to the validity of this popular quote.

One of my childhood dreams was to become a well-known actress.

But as I grew up, I unintentionally let stage fright and low self-esteem stop me from participating in the drama we performed in high school.

After school, I realized that no one will locate a timid village girl and give her a role in a popular movie.

I needed to start something, get over my fears, get some experience and somehow, create an opportunity to show my acting skill before I'd get the role of my dreams.

And boom, I had an idea.

YOUTUBE!!!

God bless the two legends that created YouTube!

YouTube was the opportunity I needed to get over my fears on my own, get over my camera shyness and show my self to the world.

So, I started a YouTube channel, created my first video, uploaded the video to the channel, got 0 views, created more videos, deleted a good number of them, created some more and the rest is history.

Now, back to you!

How do you create an opportunity for yourself when the opportunity you seek isn't coming through?

Well, I've got few ideas for you and if you put in more work and do a little bit of research, a new world of ideas and opportunities will be opened to you.

Here they are;

✓ Want to become an author but don't have the funds/connections to publish your book?

Amazon, okada books, Kobo books have the opportunity you need to become an author without paying a dime to local publishers.

✓ Want to become an actor/actress but no production company is willing to look your way?

TikTok and YouTube is a great way to show the world what you've got.

You'd be surprised when these movie industries come to you to feature you in their movies.

✓ Want to write for a popular magazine but can't seem to land the job?

How about you start by writing valuable content on free apps such as medium and our dear LinkedIn?

Show them what you've got!
You can even use one of those as your portfolio.

Seriously, you can create a whole lot of opportunities for yourself if only you are willing to put in the work!

Are you?

Like I earlier said, you can discover a whole lot of ideas and opportunities for yourself if you can do a little more research.

If you are waiting for a destiny helper to suddenly discover you one day and help you go from grass to grace without any effort on your part, you are dreaming.

Don't be lazy!

Wake up!

Work up!

Create opportunities for yourself!

If you are prepared, you'll find opportunities and opportunities will find you.

In conclusion, I hope this post inspired you to stop waiting for an invincible destiny helper and be your own destiny helper.

In fact, do you know that you are also someone's destiny helper?

Oh! You don't know?

Now, you do.

Get to work!

- #chinweamaka • #naijainfogirl

(1) (Reply)

Traders Petition Soludo, Alleging Commissioner Selling Market Leaderships / I Offer Professional Graphics And Graphics Design Services / Are You Someone That Can He A Youth Who Got A Scholarship To Learn Mobile App De

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.