Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife (36788 Views)

Girl, 6, Mistakes Petrol For Kerosene, Burns Self While Practicing Cooking / Texas Woman Suffers Burns As Hand Sanitiser Explodes As She Lights Candle / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by NaijaCover(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2022
A Resident of Iree, Osun State, Muritala Afolabi, on Friday, sustained serious injuries after setting himself ablaze.

Muritala was, however, rescued by some people who heard his cry as fire burnt his body.

He was rushed to a private hospital in Iree, where he was admitted.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro from his sick bed on Sunday, Muritala, a vulcaniser, said he decided to commit suicide having been subjected to emotional torture and frustration by his wife.

The 30-year-old artisan said he got married to his wife in July 2022 and since then, the woman had made life difficult by cursing and abusing him.

He said, “I just thought of ending it. That Friday, I went into a filing station, bought fuel and went to a forest behind Baptist High School, Iree, and set myself ablaze.

“I thought of what I was passing through and it made me to decide to end my life. Poverty and repeated curses of my wife made me to lose hope. I married the woman just in July this year.

“Some people heard me when fire was burning my body and rushed to the scene. They rescued me and brought me to hospital
.”

When contacted by our correspondent on the phone, Muritala’s wife, Ifedolapo, denied cursing him.

She said, “I don’t know why he decided to kill himself. I am his wife. I am yet to have any child for him.”

Source: https://punchng.com/newly-married-artisan-burns-self-blames-abusive-wife/

1 Share

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by NaijaCover(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2022
This Is Another Bad News From Osun State

Proudly Brought To You By

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Redoil: 6:34am On Sep 27, 2022
if your spouse is frustrating why not take a walk after marriage is also for worst for go

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by robinso01(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2022
Ur wife dey give u problem, u dey try commit suicide, are you ok at all? Abi what kind of idiot is this for christ sake. What happen to sending her out of ur house or leaving the house for her?

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Nostring: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2022
Nawa.. this is another level of simpness/madness... Newly married, she never frustrate u reach 2years u don dey give up grin

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by NaijaCover(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2022
Redoil:
if your spouse is frustrating why not take a walk after marriage is also for worst for go

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by temitope27(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2022
This one na minister of SIMP defence grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by justicechichex: 7:19am On Sep 27, 2022
This is just less than 3 months of marriage.. Wtf! This man sef, setting urself ablaze just because of curses from ur wife.

Just when i thought i've seen it all.

12 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by BeanmanX(m): 7:19am On Sep 27, 2022
Very SIMPle man.. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Godoverevery: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2022
Only those who are married or have lived with a woman can relate.

A woman will put all her life expectations and expenses on you as man......she will blame you for everything and the society expect you to be a MAN.

I always advise men to live minimum 6month to 1yrs maximum with the woman you want to marry so you can understand what you are walking into with your eye open.

I can't blame the man because we are different and not all of us are mentally strong.......A woman frustration can actually make you do the unthinkable no matter how strong you are sometimes.

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by bewla(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2022
Don't end it end the marriage

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by NaijaCover(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2022
Godoverevery:
Only those who are married or have lived with a woman can relate.

A woman will put all her life expectations and expenses on you as man......she will blame you for everything and the society expect you to be a MAN.

I always advise men to live minimum 6month to 1yrs maximum with the woman you want to marry so you can understand what you are walking into with your eye open.

I can't blame the man because we are different and not all of us are mentally strong.......A woman frustration can actually make you do the unthinkable no matter how strong you are sometimes.

You deserve One Bottle Of Beer From

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2022
I can understand what he's going through!
I will say it and say it again.
MARRIAGE ought to be redefined in this our era.
It should be made less attractive.
People should desist from charging people to sign their death warrant through marriage!
Are there really benefits in subjecting yourself through such? Its no longer worth it.
U can still have kids if you so desire.

Expecting nowadays ladies to operate on the standards of 1886 is no longer obtainable.
Most have been trained to be captains and generals. Most have been trained not to take shit from MEN. And if such is the case, why waste your funds marrying these women!
It's like marrying your TERMINATOR !
Some now see marriages as WARFARE owing to their education through standard institutions and metastatic media platforms.

IF you can't be respected as a man, then the marriage is worthless & hollow!
Nowadays, as you are getting married also prepare for divorce as well.
LIFE'S too Short to entertain all these issues.
After all, na Mother earth go contain all of us.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Sinim(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2022
Nostring:
Nawa.. this is another level of simpness/madness... Newly married, she never frustrate u reach 2years u don dey give up grin
Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Winningbot: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2022
I'm surprised kollin11 isn't here yet
Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by SensualMan: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2022
A yoruba muslim grin
Their brain are stuffed with cotton wool. See them queuing behind Emilokan collecting stipends and mortgaging their already worthless life.

A full blown chicken is worth more than a yoruba muslim.

Muritala, u should have burnt ur self to death, which one is burning urself halfway? cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Fiscus105(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2022
When u are going into marriage, please ensure that you and ur partner have minimum of these attributes

25% of love on both sides, the least o
25% of financial resources.
20% of understand.

If any of thes attributes reduce beyond that level or lack totally. Thre is high tendency for marriage to become toxic.
When it becomes toxic, abuse, fighting, killings etc are inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by wolesmile(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2022
It is either this He-diot has mental issues, or is looking to get cheap sympathy from people.
Why cry out loud so people will come to your rescue when the intention was to burn yourself alive? You no see sniper drink, you no see rope take hang, you come go nearby bush go set yourself partially ablaze so dem go come rescue you, abi.

Shift abeg. Election is coming. No be your marital issue be priority now.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2022
Always thank dos dat rescued you,cos you could hv end up in hell

7 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by inoki247: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Mumu so burning ursef go solve the domestic violence...

5 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by Sonnobax15(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2022
undecided
Can the wife stand in front of ogun shrine and swear that she isn't the cause of over 99% of that man's earthly problem?

4 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by BigYash: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Simp will always be simp.. In other words,a fool is always a fool. Because of yeye woman you dey hurt yourself

2 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by SILVERLINES: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2022
grin
Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by BigDawsNet: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Dem suppose Organise like 4 weeks camp for people who wants to marry... with Physical and emotional training with limited rest...

If you pass, then you qualify to marry!

7 Likes

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by NaijaCover(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2022
Is Praying For You Right Now

You Will Never See Any Bad News In Your Life

Don't Forget We Cover Everything In Nigeria
Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by JayPeeOham: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2022
Guess who this guy is supporting to be the next President of Nigeria....... grin

Your guess is as good as mine! tongue shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife by yemzone(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2022
Does he have mental issues? Burn it up!!!

Even if you want to end your life, why choose fire, there are other methods that won't cause much harm before you die. undecided

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dog Rescues Newborn Baby Abandoned In Anambra Forest (Video) / Solutions To Male/female Infertility And All Sorts Of Infections / Hungry Nigerian Man Revived With Food & Drink After He Collapsed On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.