Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Fedpolynek Rector, Arimanwa, Bags Fellowship Award - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fedpolynek Rector, Arimanwa, Bags Fellowship Award (127 Views)

Fedpolynek Rector, Arimanwa, Bags Justice Of Peace Award / Susan Ojukwu Receives $90k USAID Donald M. Payne Dollars Fellowship Award / Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fedpolynek Rector, Arimanwa, Bags Fellowship Award by Justiceori2019(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
*FEDPOLYNEK RECTOR, ARIMANWA, BAGS FELLOWSHIP AWARD*

- *DECRIES NON-PARTICIPATION OF SOUTHEAST IN ACTIVITIES OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES*

The Rector, Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Engr. Dr. Michael Arimanwa, FNSE, JP, has bagged a Fellowship award from the Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria.

The Rector was Tuesday decorated with the remarkable award by the Registrar of the Institute, Dr. Uche Okereke, who led a team of Council members of the body to the polytechnic.

In a speech preceding the administration of the fellowship induction oath, the Registrar commended the Rector for his numerous landmark and innovative achievements that have placed the polytechnic as a leading institution in Nigeria. He described the Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria as a creation of the law, empowered to induct people of good pedigree as fellows of the institute. He also hinted that the body has legal powers to induct local government workers into its fold after passing a qualifying examination, revealing that some states had already invited the body to induct their workers.

The Registrar further expressed the readiness of the institute to collaborate with the polytechnic, while appealing that the polytechnic serve as centre for the administration of the institute’s professional exams.

In his remarks after taking the oath of induction as Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria (FCPA), the Rector thanked the body for considering him for the important fellowship investiture.

“I want to thank you for finding me worthy to receive this award. I have seen the gazetted act of the institute, and I shall do whatever that is required to promote studies in Local Government Administration. Regarding your request to collaborate with our institution to administer examinations to your members, we shall look into that very expeditiously.”

Meanwhile, the Rector has decried the non-participation of the southeasterners in the activities of professional organizations in Nigeria, declaring that it was unhelpful to their cause since only people who participate in a meeting or activity formulate policies guiding it.

“I tell people that if you cannot participate in what is going on, you cannot influence policies or opinions. It is only when you participate in a meeting that you can make impact on its outcome. I urge you therefore to embark on further sensitization in the southeast so that more members and fellows can be inducted by the institute. The southeast seems disadvantaged as it has marginal presence in virtually all professional bodies. When you go to conferences, you hardly find people from this part of the country as their peers in the other parts of the country, especially, the west, have a pronounced presence.”

The sterling performance of the smart Rector in human and infrastructural development of the polytechnic has earned him numerous merit and fellowship awards. The awards and decorations have been described as morale boosters by observers.

Those present at the fellowship investiture of the Rector were the Deputy Rectors Academic and Administration, Dr. C.C. Onyemenonu and Dr. Uzoma Ibeaja; Registrar, Mrs. E.C. Anuna, Bursar, Mr. V.N. Anyanwucha and Librarian, Dr. Chris Enyia, among others.

**FEDPONEK GAZETTE **

27 SEPTEMBER , 2022

(1) (Reply)

Attribution In Journalistic Writing / 30 Sept KPSC Police Constable Answer Key 2022 Kerala PSC PC Exam / Come Let's Solve Your Research/project Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.