Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

I Want To Sue Sterling Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Sue Sterling Bank (637 Views)

A Loan App Is Threatening To Sue Me To Court And Send My Pictures To TV Stations / Marlians Threaten To Sue Naira Marley For Using Belt (video) / Between Adekunle Gold And A Follower Who Threatens To Sue Him For Using Wrong Ch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
I have been on this issue for several months now, I've sent emails, called, visited branches but nothing has been done.

What happened? I was owing sterling bank a particular amount of money [N110k] that happened as a result of an erroneous transfer, I sent this money to my gtbank and I wasn't aware at the time that sterling had a glitch in their system.

They tried contacting me but I was out town due to NYSC and I couldn't access the Internet at the time.

I got back in town and I tried to make some purchases that was when I discovered that I couldn't make any transaction on my Gtb account. I emailed and they told me I have an issue with sterling bank, meanwhile, Sterling bank had already watchlisted my BVN.

I couldn't send the money from any of my accounts, so i asked a friend to send the money to my gtbank. I sent several emails to Gtbank and asked them to return the money to my sterling account but they didn't do anything.

Last month, I paid the N110k into the sterling account to offset the debt and I wrote to them instructing them to request for a delisting on my BVN and also instruct my other banks.

It's been several weeks of writing, calling and bank visits.

1. GTBANK has refused to Release my money and account because Sterling bank did not contact them to inform them that I've paid them back. Meanwhile, I can perform over the counter transactions, according to them.

2. ACCESS bank placed my account on PND without a valid court order and without informing me they just locked my funds and said the same thing that sterling didn't contact them.

3. STERLING lied to me that my BVN has been delisted and subsequently said they were working on it, but they refused to send an email to my other banks even after several calls, emails and pleas.

I am at a crossroad, I've emailed CBN severally, no response, none of the banks are even doing their job.

I'm fed up and I don't know what else to do. This has been lingering for months now.

Mods please and please push this to frontage. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Chizzyjforce: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
I think they're trying to frustrate you a little for moving the money initially.

What you should do is to visit Sterling, ask them why they've not contacted other banks, ask to see the manager, then insist they make a call to GTB and First Bank while you're there.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by l69l: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
try twitter
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
l69l:
try twitter
Tried all available means, this people just don't care.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by l69l: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Thatwebdev:
Tried all available means, this people just don't care.
Sue them
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by proff010: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
Enter the bank and shout on them
Cause a scene they will do sharparllyyyy
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Prudoh(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2022
I don't know what's wrong with banks operating in Nigeria...
My mum sent me 10k during lockdown till now have never recieved an alert till today, i almost cry blood.. I went to bank the next day, they were telling to bring slipt... That's when covid19 was disturbing
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2022
proff010:
Enter the bank and shout on them
Cause a scene they will do sharparllyyyy
I'm an introvert, I don't know how to cause a scene , and I don't know which one of the banks to carry that out on.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2022
Prudoh:
I don't know what's wrong with banks operating in Nigeria...
My mum sent me 10k during lockdown till now have never recieved an alert till today, i almost cry blood.. I went to bank the next day, they were telling to bring slipt... That's when covid19 was disturbing
Useless All of them... no regards for customers.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
I think they're trying to frustrate you a little for moving the money initially.

What you should do is to visit Sterling, ask them why they've not contacted other banks, ask to see the manager, then insist they make a call to GTB and First Bank while you're there.
I'm more than frustrated, I've called, emailed... I will probably try this next week.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Jogs1900: 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
I think the best is to get a court order from a magistrate court served to all the banks that you have account for the PND to be removed.
Getting court order from a magistrate court is cheaper and faster to procure.When they see court order,fear go catch them.
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by KingLion007(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Go to one of their branches and make your complain.. preferably the branch you open your account...
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Prudoh(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Thatwebdev:
Useless All of them... no regards for customers.
Aswear... They can fustrate you till the last point
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Obsy20: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2022
I have Same issue ,my bvn has been watchlisted by polaris bank , contact me so we have work together
vincentokeke1000@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by mrteeconcept: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
I'm very sure this issue happened around September, 2021 when Sterling Bank had a glitch. Many people used the advantage to collect money by opening a new account and transferring from the account to another bank account but the money won't be deducted from the newly opened Sterling Bank account, meaning, you can transfer as much money as you wish. Sterling Bank called those involved in the fraud then but people refused to return the money which eventually resulted to their BVN being watchlisted. This would restrict them from performing electronic transactions like POS, ATM, internet banking, USSD and so on. Nevertheless, you need to know that you can perform in-person transactions, meaning, you can have access to your money on the counter.

BVN watchlist removal will take 10 years or if Sterling Bank writes to CBN that the BVN was involved erroneously. One can't also travel out with BVN being watchlisted, visa won't be granted.

The best thing you can do is to write to CBN through a lawyer telling them you've refunded the money. There's high probability they won't respond to emails.

I hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Sterling Bank by Thatwebdev: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2023
mrteeconcept:
I'm very sure this issue happened around September, 2021 when Sterling Bank had a glitch. Many people used the advantage to collect money by opening a new account and transferring from the account to another bank account but the money won't be deducted from the newly opened Sterling Bank account, meaning, you can transfer as much money as you wish. Sterling Bank called those involved in the fraud then but people refused to return the money which eventually resulted to their BVN being watchlisted. This would restrict them from performing electronic transactions like POS, ATM, internet banking, USSD and so on. Nevertheless, you need to know that you can perform in-person transactions, meaning, you can have access to your money on the counter.

BVN watchlist removal will take 10 years or if Sterling Bank writes to CBN that the BVN was involved erroneously. One can't also travel out with BVN being watchlisted, visa won't be granted.

The best thing you can do is to write to CBN through a lawyer telling them you've refunded the money. There's high probability they won't respond to emails.

I hope this helps?

Thank u. I have since gotten my money from Access and sterling bank. although sterling has refused to delist my bvn, i have since come to reality with the fact that i cannot operate an account for 8+ years from now.

Gtbank and Standard chartered have refused to give me access to my money over the counter nor close my account. the cpd deperatment of CBN has also not been replying their emails any longer.

(1) (Reply)

How To Predict Straight Win & Draw Accurately Using ( 1X2 Football Prediction) / What Is The Whole Point Anyway? / Greetings In The Name Of The Most High Jah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.