Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) (279 Views)

Tell Me, What Are The Options For A Quick Career To Get Money Right Away? / Job Applicant Loses Job Opportunity After Interviewers Spotted Him With 2 Phones / How To Always Win The Heart Of Your Interviewers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by Abliz(f): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2022
It's shocking atimes when you have prepared so hard,practiced so many interview questions and answers.Only for you to get to the session and your only chance of getting that job depends solely on this simple but technical statement.TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

I call this particular statement,a tool *to turn the wisdom of men to foolishness and vice-versa* because,those who wouldn't even prepare at all could get it right and those who prepared all through the week could become blank because they never expected it.This not necessarily village people at work�(you get it)?See this�

Interviewer:Good morning sir,kindly take a seat.I have gone through your résumé,it's quite impressive...Can you tell me about yourself?

Interviewee:I am Lagbaja Tamedo,I'm 29 years of age,first child of the family and I...
Interviewer:Okay(confused)why do you need this job?

Interviewee:Hmm!I'm tired of sitting idly,.Moreover,I have responsibilities on my shoulder.

Interviewer:Fair enough,what can you offer this company?

Interviewee:I am a very submissive person,punctuality is my key,I'm hardworking..blablabla

Interviewer:OK sir,we will call you soon.
(Six months after,Uncle is still expecting a call from the said company).

To be sincere,that kind of answer to such interview is expected from a menial appliicant...you understand?

First,the Interviewer knows your name and qualifications already because he/she ask you to introduce yourself,they mean what VALUE can you offer the company?What skill,ability,achievement you possess?I will give you this three(3) great keys to unlocking and blowing the interviewer's mind.I call them *The Great 'S *'*:
¶Success
¶ Strength,
¶Situation

¶Key *Success*: Tell them the additional skills you have and how you have successfully used it to grow your own personal business,your formal workplace,etc.Let them know how you've helped them solve problems with it.

¶Key *Strength*:Boast of how flexible you are,the ability to understand what the audience,clients,wants,your prowess to pull and grow up the company in a given time.

¶Key *Situation*:This means in a simple word *,REASON*.Let them see the reason why they need to employ you ,not just because of the pay but for the value you want to offer.Tell them the reason why you CHOSE the company/establishment is because you are looking for a company you want to grow,add value to and promote.This won't make you look desperate for the job.

I hope this helps you,try it and I'm very sure you will give me a heartwarming feedback.
...Yours sincerely
OlajuwonElizabeth
Re: TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2022
Okay
Re: TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by shawante(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2022
You can say all these and still not get the job..

1 Like

Re: TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by irumanle(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
shawante:
May God bless you bro. Job for this country na man-know-man
Re: TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by shawante(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2022
irumanle:
May God bless you bro. Job for this country na man-know-man
You're very correct Bro.
Re: TELL ME ABOUT Yourself!?(the Tricky Question Every Interviewers Use) by Darevofpeace(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2022
shawante:
But it is still better you know how to answer all these thou!

We can never tell when the opportunity to get one might come and alot of such do happen when you had given up after years of search.

(1) (Reply)

The #nairalife Of A Babalawo / Futures Signals Can Come Now, It Massive ROI / How A Digital Marketing Agency Can Help Grow Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.