Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Child Abuse In My Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Child Abuse In My Church (4860 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Abuse In My Church by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2007
may be the minister for women and children should take note  coolcos children in my church are really made to go through a lot in the name of spiritual purification,  cry this goes unchalleged cos its done by the prayer mama, who is also the 'most spiritual' person in the church.imagine children under 7 yrs made to go through 3 days dry fasting under her supervision! my its appauling shocked.pls leet smone help me cry out! embarassed
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by ebos(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2007
Children less than 7 years involved in Dry fasting?   What is the name of the church?  Men, this is the worst Child Abuse.  Well, ignorance is a very big problem.  People committing sins while thinking they are working for God.

I know 93% of the Protestant Churches really don’t understand the Scripture and most of their Founders are using Churches as Business Enterprises where they can maximize profit.  I have enquired and I found out that Evangelical Church of New Jerusalem is one of the Churches that suffer children in the name of fasting – children within the ages of 4 and above are mandated to fast.  Go and ask them, they will tell you that Timothy was a kid when he knew the scripture.  This has been their quote.  If you go to history of the above church – the Founder has been a secrete member of Amok and most of their Pastors are partly members of this Amok. Regrettably, most of their members don’t know this and I know some people will like to come forward and dispute this confirmed truth.  They are not alone, even Christ Embassy and some many other Protestant Pastors who like to fake miracle knows where they meet.   I can direct anyone who ventures to doubt me to take a trip to Stadium Road, Elekahia, Port Harcourt to ask about one young Herbalist about all these Pastors.  Once you get to this Stadium – just ask about Mechanic Shops, and then from there you can ask about the Herbalist.  I have forgotten the name of the Street. 

The early Apostles never believed in fixing or occasion miracles.  Miracles happened as they journeyed – just along the road, but today the story is different.  And when you ask – they will question you back if those lame on the streets have faith.  There are many of them, even Redeemed Church is one of the Business Enterprises.

I cannot advise any person to worship with Evangelical Church of New Jerusalem.  The church is out to lead many people to hell.

Christianity is good and Christ wants His followers to first seek the miracle of transformation- changing from your sinful act to a righteous person.  These days we scamper for miracles that only base on fake financial power and wealth.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by Horus(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2007
People committing sins while thinking they are working for God.
Christian churchs are full of them.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by dafidixone(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2007
The bible says "Those who do not know their God will live a useless life".

If that church is your church why are you crying out!
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by nossycheek(f): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2007
At least Doctors will not be hungry in the area you live cool
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by cgift(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2007
dafidixone:

WORD!!!

He has just made a fool of himself. Probably he is just being mischievous and may not even even be a christian of some sorts.

To the protetant bashers! Enjoy the fun while it lasts,
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
Name the church please. Name the church and shame the devil. Let us know which churches to avoid.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by texazzpete(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2007
Sometimes i shudder at the things my fellow Christians do while they think they are praising God. Imagine the fellowships in my former Uni using starch to affix posters to freshly painted walls. I've seen posters advertising a miracle session right on top of a signboard with the map of the school (erected to help jambites learn the school layout). Is that not a truly terrible thing to do? You're supposed to render unto ceaser what belongs to ceaser!
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by spoilt(f): 1:03am On Nov 22, 2007
3 days dry fast for children? shocked shocked shocked
Abeg which church be that? You should personally sneak them some snicker bars!! grin
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by nazzyon(m): 2:15am On Nov 22, 2007
@ that age fasting is obligatory for Muslim children and I know it has to be the same for Christians too.

The person you need to talk sense into is the Pastor that approves the fasting or possibly parents should make sure their kidz stay away from the church pending the time the session is over.

Another option is, you or any other member of the church should take it as an obligation. He/She should present the situation another pastor in union (If you are celestial, report to another outside Celestial pastor).

Religious Leaders (Pastors/Alfas) will never sit down and watch some dickhead spoiling their show.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by muyannie: 3:00am On Nov 22, 2007
meeeeeen tha'z harsh o!!!!! :o3days!!!!!!!!!!! shocked tha'z punishment, i cant even do 2days grin
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by ayinba1(f): 5:35am On Nov 22, 2007
nazzyon:

@ that age fasting is obligatory for Muslim children and I know it has to be the same for Christians too.

The person you need to talk sense into is the Pastor that approves the fasting or possibly parents should make sure their kidz stay away from the church pending the time the session is over.

Another option is, you or any other member of the church should take it as an obligation. He/She should present the situation another pastor in union (If you are celestial, report to another outside Celestial pastor).

Religious Leaders (Pastors/Alfas) will never sit down and watch some dickhead spoiling their show.

For God's sake, this thread is regarding purported child abuse in a church, why do you have to bring muslims into it and are you the authority on Islam? What kind of people are these??
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by darellone: 6:16am On Nov 22, 2007
i have a different perception of this whole issue ooooo!!!!, if the Holy Spirit asked the boy to go thru 3 days dry fasting, who are we to complain?
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by skyone(m): 7:35am On Nov 22, 2007
dafidixone:

God bless you, i'm sure the poster know less about his faith. He must be one of those that are classified as seat warmers in church.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by skyone(m): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2007
darellone:

i have a different perception of this whole issue ooooo!!!!, if the Holy Spirit asked the boy to go through 3 days dry fasting, who are we to complain?

We can only pray for this people to change, they are living astray. I pray that God to change them and lead them in paths of righteousness Amen.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by bolseas(f): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2007
wonders,
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by bolseas(f): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2007
nazzyon:

[i]d muslims do not even observe dry fasting talkless of asking children of 7 years to dry fast.

it also depends on how strong d child is, to fast for a complete day ( dawn to sunset). d child may be asked to fast frm dawn to midday say 12 noon.

@ poster
what about d parents of those children? are dey nt aware of wht that "iyaladura" is doing to their children? or are dey forming ignorance.

well sha doctors go dey come una church come give testimonies for having high patronage.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by dafizzygir: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2007
that is adsurd shocked.hw can a 7 year old child do 3 days fastin wen i can't even do a day?dey r goin 2 suffer from all kinds of disesaes like ulcer 4 example.i already pity d parents cry cry :'
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by Glorya(f): 9:20am On Nov 22, 2007
abeg that church and Pastor should be reported to the appropriate authorities for immediate action before they begin to sacrifice people's children. Nonsense.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by menix(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2007
@poster, I think u re Mischievous, why did u not mention the name of your church if not dat u re here to ridicule christainity,
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by yewaman1(m): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2007
May God have nercy on us. I feel sorry for the parents of such kids
that allow such. All in the name of deliverance, deliverance from
WHO?
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by zimba315(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2007
which kin of church is that i hope they don't need those children for something after they died
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by MasterUwem(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2007
if you are telling us the truth

what is the name of the church

and why are those children undergoing such a task.

how are u sure there are 7years old?
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by TrueTalk3: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2007
@ ol'rotimi (poster),

You claim you need people to help you cry out; and you can't even name the church??    

Your thread lacks credibilty!

If you can't name the church; SHAME on you!  angry
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by Oby1(f): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2007
wonders shall never cease to happen (e get as e bi)
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by coopedro(m): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2007
Are the parents complaining?
Is any among them ur sibling?
Have u bothered to knw d reason for the fast?
How sure are u about their age?
What position are u handling in the church?
Pls think of somthing better to do otherwise going out to report to any authority, is a thing u may liv to regret.
We have many people like this in the church i.e neither hot nor cold.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by lammie01: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2007
For muslims:
Fasting is made compulsory when a person is of full age, the age of puberty and discretion, which is normally about[b] fourteen[/b]. Children under this age should be encouraged to start this good practice on easy levels ( which can be like from dawn to midday) after having eating before dawn around 5am nigerian time, so when they reach the age of puberty they will be mentally and physically prepared to observe fasting.

There is nothing like dry fasting in islam.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by Seun(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2007
Why are we acting so surprised? If Reverend King could abuse full-grown adults, why won't children be abused?
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by dafidixone(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2007
I think strongly this person should be seen as those who are sent by devil to tarnish the image of Christ.  Devil moves about telling lies.  Posterof this message! better repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand.  Even as a Christian, if your allegations are correct, you should take up the Challenges of repositioning the Church(Your Church) by you taking active role in preaching the undiluted word.  Not to be backbiting and washing the filty linen in the open.  May God forgive you for you know not what you are doing.

Shallom!
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by jkpretty(f): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2007
Na wah o!

Maybe they want the kids to become pastors, to save Nigeria. I think we need it. grin
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by ehie007(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2007
Its not a surprising thing. Our churches are becoming something else. sometime i think of been my own religion.

One night i was going home from work, when i got to the junction to my street there were abt four cele or cherubin church members praying at the junction with red candles and saying some stuff that sounds wierd, and i wonder if cele/cherubim church is truly a christian church.

I really wonder.

Anyway when Christ come we will know the true church.
Re: Child Abuse In My Church by mamalaj(f): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2007
I like ur church o,abeg direct me so i can be taught how i can fast for three days without eating anything grin,i can barely do the half day own(till 12noon)i dont know y u guys r crucifying the church,they are training the kids to be strong and spirit filled when the devil comes attacking wink,I hail una jare.keep up the good work. smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Atheists Are Satanists / If You're Told To Take The Vaccine Or Resign -A Pastor's Advice. / Satan’s Secret Agents: The Frankfurt School And Their Evil Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.