Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Did I Buy A Fake? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did I Buy A Fake? (1893 Views)

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? / Did I Get A Cloned Device? / Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Buy A Fake? by Thales01: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2022
Good morning, everyone.I need your opinion on this issue.
I am trying so hard to believe I was not cheated.I bought this oraimo 27,000 maH power bank for 19,500 naira with high hopes.
But one thing that put me off was how fast it charged full.It took less than 8 hours to charge from 56% to 100% in the blink of an eye(I have heard about how slowly that power bank charges).I decided to try it out to boost my phone from 15%.It had barely gotten to 60% when I realised that percentage reader has dropped by 10%(from 100% to 90%).I was baffled by the discharge rate for a power bank of that size that I had to disconnect my phone.I am seriously worried judging by how much I spent on the power bank.
Pls Did I buy a fake or Maybe my expectations are unreasonably high?
Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:41am On Oct 01, 2022
Return it but expect them to give you your money back but choose another product apart from the said one Okay.
Can I recommend for you??

4 Likes

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Thales01: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
Return it but expect them to give you your money back but choose another product apart from the said one Okay.
Can I recommend for you??
No probs.Let me hear it.

1 Like

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2022
Tecno power bank
Zero fake which is the one am using now (20000mAh).

Thales01:

No probs.Let me hear it.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2022
I bought one some time ago. It discharged fast from 100 to 80.
I had to drain it first by using it until it was zero. Then I used NEPA current to charge it from 0 to 100. And it's okay now.
That's called calibration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Collinz2(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2022
Drain it to 0 and full charge again before use.

1 Like

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by waititi: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2022
that power bank should be a beast. calibrate it and if it refuse to get sense return it

3 Likes

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Inali: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2022
Go and return it back
Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:10am On Oct 03, 2022
Your power back is good jor

My 5000mah phone use 25% from 0 to 100.

So if to judge buy this your figure, your phone consume 10% for 45% charge.
So I think that should be approximately 25% to 100 too

But you don't state your battery capacity sha
Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by Meister(m): 6:53am On Oct 03, 2022
Your power bank is charging and reducing as it should, I don't know what you were expecting from it shaa. A 27k mAh power bank actually has a usable capacity of less than 20k mAh so it'll charge a 5k mAh phone about 3 and half times so curb your expectations

2 Likes

Re: Did I Buy A Fake? by okikiosibodu(m): 5:44am On Oct 26, 2022
Thales01:
Good morning, everyone.I need your opinion on this issue.
I am trying so hard to believe I was not cheated.I bought this oraimo 27,000 maH power bank for 19,500 naira with high hopes.
But one thing that put me off was how fast it charged full.It took less than 8 hours to charge from 56% to 100% in the blink of an eye(I have heard about how slowly that power bank charges).I decided to try it out to boost my phone from 15%.It had barely gotten to 60% when I realised that percentage reader has dropped by 10%(from 100% to 90%).I was baffled by the discharge rate for a power bank of that size that I had to disconnect my phone.I am seriously worried judging by how much I spent on the power bank.
Pls Did I buy a fake or Maybe my expectations are unreasonably high?
Your power bank is OK. You are right about the powerbank charging slowly owing to its size but there is a twist to it, which I am sure you didn't pat cognisance too. Using an 18w charger will charge it from 0-100% in about 8hrs and you started charging around 56%,nsondi the maths. Snap the output reading of your charger and upload here.
Also never expect a 27,000mah powerbank to charge a 5000mah phone up to 5-6 times (as a layman will expect) .. Never.. Because some physics will happen here and some power will be lost during conversion.... Energy can not be 100% effificent when transfered from one form to another.
To know how many times a powerbank can charge your phone, is dependent on some factors such as; max output of the powerbank, max input of the phone, cable used (lenght and thickness), size of phone battery, baize of powerbank, etc. I myself don't get worked up with this physics. A simple formula I deduced from my friend that once tried to enlighten me, is to divided the size of the powerbank by the size of the phone battery and subtract one..
Eg 20000mah /5000 =4
4-1=3
Provides max input for the phone and output for the powerbank are 18w, the fully charged power bank should charge the phone from 0-100 about 3 times. That is not usually the case though because most power banks have their outputs capped at 18w and most phone now, have input capping more than 18w. So the physics is altered.

Cc: Atheistandproud, Genius43, Jboixxx, GrandMufti

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

S21 5G @ 100k / Whats Wrong With Gpass? / Etisalat Jonzing BB Subscription...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.