Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos (1157 Views)

Kidnapper Of 6-Year-Old Girl Arrested While Withdrawing Ransom Money in Ondo / Armed Robber Caught While Withdrawing Money With Victim's ATM Card In Enugu / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy In Abuja While Withdrawing £30,000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by swit4real: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
My experience while withdrawing money from a POS agent in Lagos. I wanted to withdraw 20,000 from the agent's POS device, but 1st inquired how much is the charges, he told me #100 for withdrawing 20k. The 100 Naira charge draw my attention, because I was used to paying 100 naira per 5k, so the 20k could have been like 400 box, anyway I obliged and asked him to go ahead. He punched the machine and inserted my card, then passed the device to me, so that I would enter my password.

I punched the password and held the device to process the request, as I held the machine he requested me to give him the device while the transaction is being processed, but I told him don't worry and held back the machine. After some time, the device returned an error, bla bla bla and declined the transaction. Contrary to my knowledge of POS, another processing window opened on the device, which was requesting for a phone number. He requested me to input my phone number, I read the message and it said, "reversal request" ...insert your phone number. I entered my phone number and another window opened again, now requesting me to enter my account number.

At this moment the agent was telling me ,enter your account for reversal, enter your account, enter your account... It downed on me ,he is likely upto something. I declined immediately and removed my card, tore the declined ticket and called him names fake, wayo, yahoo etc, but he kept saying, if they debit you, don't come here to complain...I did not bother if they debit me, since I have the decline receipt as a proof of failed transaction and I know I can always lodge debit complaints to my bank and any wrong debit would be reversed.

Pls I advice, do not enter this kind of details on POS, I have a feeling these other windows could be a modified application that can parse dubious debits to the suspected account. Please be very vigilant criminals are on the prowl. Yahoo boys are every where, always changing tacktice.

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by Psych412(f): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2022
Lagos.... I'm still afraid of Lagos...my last experience over there was hell.

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by swit4real: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2022
Psych412:
Lagos.... I'm still afraid of Lagos...my last experience over there was hell.

Lagos is a heaven for criminality, I really don't know why?
Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by Psych412(f): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
swit4real:

Lagos is a heaven for criminality, I really don't know why?
lol... from stand still hold up, to noise pollution.... just from lekki to ikoyi can take you 4 hours before you get home...I had to run back to my family home in owerri were everywhere is sane and quiet

3 Likes

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by swit4real: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Psych412:
lol... from stand still hold up, to noise pollution.... just from lekki to ikoyi can take you 4 hours before you get home...I had to run back to my family home in owerri were everywhere is sane and quiet

Yes, I know there is alot of pollution in there, but should criminality also dwell there. Rivers state is home of pollution in the country , maybe as a result of oil activities. However, Rivers is not ridled with the activities of criminals as it is on Lagos. So my questions, why is lagos the home of criminal elements.
Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by iHateFraudsters: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
swit4real:
My experience while withdrawing money from a POS agent in Lagos. I wanted to withdraw 20,000 from the agent's POS device, but 1st inquired how much is the charges, he told me #100 for withdrawing 20k. The 100 Naira charge draw my attention, because I was used to paying 100 naira per 5k, so the 20k could have been like 400 box, anyway I obliged and asked him to go ahead. He punched the machine and inserted my card, then passed the device to me, so that I would enter my password.

I punched the password and held the device to process the request, as I held the machine he requested me to give him the device while the transaction is being processed, but I told him don't worry and held back the machine. After some time, the device returned an error, bla bla bla and declined the transaction. Contrary to my knowledge of POS, another processing window opened on the device, which was requesting for a phone number. He requested me to input my phone number, I read the message and it said, "reversal request" ...insert your phone number. I entered my phone number and another window opened again, now requesting me to enter my account number.

At this moment the agent was telling me ,enter your account for reversal, enter your account, enter your account... It downed on me ,he is likely upto something. I declined immediately and removed my card, tore the declined ticket and called him names fake, wayo, yahoo etc, but he kept saying, if they debit you, don't come here to complain...I did not bother if they debit me, since I have the decline receipt as a proof of failed transaction and I know I can always lodge debit complaints to my bank and any wrong debit would be reversed.

Pls I advice, do not enter this kind of details on POS, I have a feeling these other windows could be a modified application that can parse dubious debits to the suspected account. Please be very vigilant criminals are on the prowl. Yahoo boys are every where, always changing tacktice.

@1st bolded, you said you tore the declined receipt

Then @2nd bolded, you said you have the declined receipt.

What gives?

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by swit4real: 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

@1st bolded, you said you tore the declined receipt

Then @2nd bolded, you said you have the declined receipt.

What gives?

I was meant to say, I cut the slip from the device. Maybe the contextual meaning suggests tearing in pieces, I impliedly stated that, i collected the receipt. However, you only questioned my language but did nothing to the topic, which is. Why is criminality thriving in Lagos?
Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by haslaw(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
swit4real:

I was meant to say, I cut the slip from the device. Maybe the contextual meaning suggests tearing in pieces, I impliedly stated that, i collected the receipt. However, you only questioned my language but did nothing to the topic, which is. Why is criminality thriving in Lagos?

Take it easy and don't take out your annoyance on him since he wasn't responsible for your unpleasant experience.

Besides, I also thought you tore the failed transaction receipt to shreds. It was the way you put it sha

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by SILVERLINES: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
swit4real:

Mr. Op according you, you said you said you have knowledge of POS, but I doubt you.

In most cases like the monie point POS machine; when a transaction is declined and it has been debited from the customer account the customer can log a complain immediately through the POS machine by inputting the phone number and the account number and the bank with revised immediately to the account. It has happened to me before just last 2 weeks, the POS boy demand for my account number and phone number and within two minutes the money revised back to my account.
You just abuse the innocent boy cos of your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by Unrated900(m): 5:51am On Oct 03, 2022
swit4real:

Yes, I know there is alot of pollution in there, but should criminality also dwell there. Rivers state is home of pollution in the country , maybe as a result of oil activities. However, Rivers is not ridled with the activities of criminals as it is on Lagos. So my questions, why is lagos the home of criminal elements.

Why is Benin the whole of cultist headquarter
answer this and would answer why lagos is home of criminals
Re: My Hurtful Experience While Withdrawing Money From A Pos Agent In Lagos by iHateFraudsters: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2022
swit4real:

Ok, now I understand.

I'm glad you didn't fall for their tricks, just stay sharp always, and be prayerful.

To answer your question, Criminality is everywhere, not only Lagos.

It is concentrated in Lagos because that's where majority of different ethnic groups are.

The main reason why criminality thrives is because once the head is corrupt, the body also becomes corrupted.

Remember, if you want Nigeria to change, it will begin with you.

And finally, say no to fraud.

I hate fraud.

(1) (Reply)

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Man Gets Murdered With A Gas Cylinder By A Colleague / How Offapoly Female Student Was Hacked To Death / When Your Relationship Turns Into A Nightmare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.