Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria (5961 Views)

BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video) / A BMW Collector Decorates His Garage Wall With 2 Wrecked BMW M1 Sportcars / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2022
Aesthetics

when it comes to looks BMW Trump's most cars of the same range and year., comparing both exterior and interior of any car

technology driven ..

BMWs have been at the fore front of most tech in cars .as far back as in 1987 they did away with the throttle cable ...the cars are usually packed with tech never seen before in the auto world .
for that reason alone .Nigerian auto electricians fear them lol .but you don't have to fear them since we now have scan tools and tech savvy technicians

Built Quality

bmw makes it a priority to create vehicles that are beautifully designed and don't skimp on the quality,
I don't want to call names but you would never have your dash board melting in the Nigerian sun.

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
Now I'm comparing 2005 models of a BMW and a popular brand amongst Nigerians ..

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
A BMW looks better ..let's not get into the interior aspect of both cars lol ..you know that a Toyota is boring

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
Nigerian used bmws are cheap ..

in Nigeria BMWs have this reputation of being the most unreliable car brand ..
everybody is afriad of buying one .because ehh mechanics ,plastics everywhere ,expensive parts etc etc .
all that made them hard to sell off as Nigerian used ..that is to say they have no second hand value .
you'd buy a BMW from cotonu for 6 million and sell it off in Nigeria for 1 million after five years .shits z crazy

However .that shouldn't deter you .find a used one buy for cheap and enjoy .make sure you do your due diligence .don't be too excited when the price sounds too good to be true .

Here is a 2007 e60 ..owner wants 1.5 ..this goes for about 6m on the car market in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
unavailability of technicians that can work on them shouldn't deter you either .

if you have Google on your phone and patient enough you could direct Toyota mechanics on how to fix minor issues .
sometimes even with ones experience you'd need Google to confirm some things .as technology never stops evolving

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
Bmw parts are relatively cheap .I can confidently say a guy with 10k disposable income per month can maintain an e46

Hear me out .most parts that might give you a nose bleed don't really break down easily .
Let me break it .
A fan unit costs 20k
Water can 15k
Water pump 10k
Kick starter 5k
Roller 2k
Belt 2k

I bet that's cheaper than owning a Corolla

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
the best product out there

parts rarely breakdown : forget the naysayers BMWs rarely breakdown, due the fact that you can't find fake BMW parts unlike Japanese cars .

bmw is actually cheap to maintain ...this is a somewhat controversial point but HMO .
from 2005 downwards they are cheap to maintain as far as you're not careless about maintainanc an engine could last you a life time ..regarding the lower arms I'm sure nothing lasts forever but I could guarantee you even if the roads are bad they usually take time before they go bad

the sheer respect you get for owning one ..
most people don't know about BMWs being that it's not a very popular car ..normies would see a 318i and assume it's something recent as far as it's clean ,you'd get the big man vibes .not knowing that it's no different from a Toyota Corolla in terms of maintainanc and price ..

not all BMWs consume fuel ..there are BMWs with four cylinder engines such as the N42 ,N46 ,M40 and M42 ..those are 1.8 litre engines just like the ones in an opel vectra ..for better comparison .a Volkswagen sharan has a 2 litre engine

they are fun to drive ..actually driving pleasure is why BMWs where made lol

the engines are sturdy ..BMWs rarely have engine malfunction .truth is they don't just taken a beating unlike a Toyota or Honda engine .

they are fast and stable at high speeds

you can drive all the auto as manual ..they are known as tiptronic or auto stick . you can't find that in a Toyota as far back as 2005 .,you should enjoy driving pleasure my friend .

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sexyto .

I wrote all the points in my notes and I didn't find the time to edit them .I kept procrastinating till you mentioned it . grin

I did not arrange them as I wanted .although I've decided to post it anyway .
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
I've read about this in Roger stones book along time ago "STONES RULES .How to win at politics, business and sytle " he said " your car should be German .your suit Italian and your cigar Cuban " .Germans just know that craft of making cars .stones further said "even tho it's not all that reliable you'd look good beside it waiting for the tow truck"
grin cheesy wink smiley cool
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
Compare the interiors of both cars .
Same year .you can tell BMW is miles ahead of this game ..

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by judatech: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2022
Which BMW series can you compare to Mercedes Benz cla 250 2015?
Though i don't know the fuel consumption of the cla 250
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2022
Antihelminth:
Sexyto .

I wrote all the points in my notes and I didn't find the time to edit them .I kept procrastinating till you mentioned it . grin

I did not arrange them as I wanted .although I've decided to post it anyway .
OK, I hope you continue with all the technical difficulties in BMW, forget the body works.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
judatech:
Which BMW series can you compare to Mercedes Benz cla 250 2015?
Though i don't know the fuel consumption of the cla 250

That cla has a four cylinder front wheel drive .I'm sure it wouldn't consume fuel .people that can afford a 2015 car in Nigeria shouldn't be talking about fuel consumption to be honest .

I'll compare it to a BMW 3 series they are in the same class .although I doubt there's a 3 series with a front wheel drive .
Bmws always have four or six cylinder engine .
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
sexyto:

OK, I hope you continue with all the technical difficulties in BMW, forget the body works.
Loool
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by judatech: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

That cla has a four cylinder front wheel drive .I'm sure it wouldn't consume fuel .people that can afford a 2015 car in Nigeria shouldn't be talking about fuel consumption to be honest .

I'll compare it to a BMW 3 series they are in the same class .although I doubt there's a 3 series with a front wheel drive .

Is it BMW 3 series 2015?
And when I'm talking about fuel consumption...I'm actually after it cos i do a lot of interstate travel...so advise
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 1:52am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:
[s]Bmw parts are relatively cheap .I can confidently say a guy with 10k disposable income per month can maintain an e46

Hear me out .most parts that might give you a nose bleed don't really break down easily .
Let me break it .
A fan unit costs 20k
Water can 15k
Water pump 10k
Kick starter 5k
Roller 2k
Belt 2k

I bet that's cheaper than owning a Corolla[/s]

Liessssss! Go buy E46 coupe LCI then tell me how difficult it will be to get that fender should it get damaged. And I don’t even get me started on the terrible silly failures of BMWs. DISA, VANOS, oil leak masters, overheating grand masters, module failures and electrical shutdown. Then the ultimate test of frustration comes when the fuel pump decides to fail, it’s usually a toyota fuel pump most folks install. Should a BMW stop in the middle of the road, not many mechanics can touch it cos it’s utterly disgusting and and complex. Bmw cheap my foot.
You’d spend more to buy a Japanese car but you’d spend more money to run and maintain a BMW.
Bmw is NOT cheap and advisable to own as a used vehicle or as a lone vehicle. Stop the hogwash!

11 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 1:55am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:
Compare the interiors of both cars .
Same year .you can tell BMW is miles ahead of this game ..

With that terrible orange colour backlight and cheap interior plastic trim that even faded and it’s write up peels off from switches, buttons and knobs?
I got news for ya mate, a toyota trim piece isn’t made of cheap brittle plastic and the write up don’t fade, then is the optitron cluster which is brilliantly made and legible both in the day and at night. Yes, they may look boring but they’re ergonomically well sorted out and balanced for functionality.

5 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 1:57am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:
Nigerian used bmws are cheap ..

in Nigeria BMWs have this reputation of being the most unreliable car brand ..
everybody is afriad of buying one .because ehh mechanics ,plastics everywhere ,expensive parts etc etc .
all that made them hard to sell off as Nigerian used ..that is to say they have no second hand value .
you'd buy a BMW from cotonu for 6 million and sell it off in Nigeria for 1 million after five years .shits z crazy

However .that shouldn't deter you .find a used one buy for cheap and enjoy .make sure you do your due diligence .don't be too excited when the price sounds too good to be true .

Here is a 2007 e60 ..owner wants 1.5 ..this goes for about 6m on the car market in Nigeria

Only a maniac will buy this horrendous piece of sh*t for even 1m especially when it’s parked for long as I can tell. The owner wan transfer his frustration on one gullible greedy Nigerian.

9 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 1:59am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

Bmws also have V8, V10, V12 engines too. Get your fact right pls

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:01am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:
Aesthetics

when it comes to looks BMW Trump's most cars of the same range and year., comparing both exterior and interior of any car

technology driven ..

BMWs have been at the fore front of most tech in cars .as far back as in 1987 they did away with the throttle cable ...the cars are usually packed with tech never seen before in the auto world .
for that reason alone .Nigerian auto electricians fear them lol .but you don't have to fear them since we now have scan tools and tech savvy technicians

Built Quality

bmw makes it a priority to create vehicles that are beautifully designed and don't skimp on the quality,
I don't want to call names but you would never have your dash board melting in the Nigerian sun.

I’d give you a shocker! A Range Rover dashboard cracks too, a Hyundai too, a lot of other manufacturers had defective dashboard from 2003-13. It’s not a toyota or Lexus exclusive thing.

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:05am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:
A BMW looks better ..let's not get into the interior aspect of both cars lol ..you know that a Toyota is boring

Comparing a luxury sports with a midsized mid class family hauler is a new lowest level. Compare your shitty bmw with a Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti Cadillac etc.

Fun fact, I was in 3 BMW WhatsApp group, and most comments were about how their cars broke down and always asking for prices of parts and also mechanics. It got to a stage where even the admin had to start using a toyota, I later discovered over 80% of the members of these group had toyota cars as daily drivers. Bmw fan my foot!
Bmw aficionado my ass!

7 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:12am On Oct 04, 2022
If bmw are truly worth the hype, why don’t commercial vehicle operators and fleet management use them like the way Japanese vehicles are used. Try using a BMW for bolt or Uber for 4months if it survives it, come tell me how much you spent on maintenance and let a bolt or Uber operator using a Corolla bring his own maintenance log book too!

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by olumzzz(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:
If bmw are truly worth the hype, why don’t commercial vehicle operators and fleet management use them like the way Japanese vehicles are used. Try using a BMW for bolt or Uber for 4months if it survives it, come tell me how much you spent on maintenance and let a bolt or Uber operator using a Corolla bring his own maintenance log book too!
Oga mike, bmw is a luxury brand fah.
Just like one of the most reliable car brands lexus isn't used for commercial purposes

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 5:37am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

Loool
Like you have a nemesis on this thread already cry
Well am still tuned in
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2022
olumzzz:

Oga mike, bmw is a luxury brand fah.
Just like one of the most reliable car brands lexus isn't used for commercial purposes

Isn’t Mercedes a luxury brand?
It’s used as a taxi in many parts of the world abs it fares very well.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

Comparing a luxury sports with a midsized mid class family hauler is a new lowest level. Compare your shitty bmw with a Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti Cadillac etc.

Fun fact, I was in 3 BMW WhatsApp group, and most comments were about how their cars broke down and always asking for prices of parts and also mechanics. It got to a stage where even the admin had to start using a toyota, I later discovered over 80% of the members of these group had toyota cars as daily drivers. Bmw fan my foot!
Bmw aficionado my ass!

I was comparing it to the most popular car in Nigeria .and explaining why there's a cheaper alternative to normal cars .

What do you expect people discuss in a car WhatsApp group ..
The aim of the WhatsApp group is to discuss about problems and solutions calm down oga

I'm down for all German technology but today the focus is on BMW ciao

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

I’d give you a shocker! A Range Rover dashboard cracks too, a Hyundai too, a lot of other manufacturers had defective dashboard from 2003-13. It’s not a toyota or Lexus exclusive thing.

I don't hate Toyotas .I just don't prefer them .and im just comparing the two because almost everyone prefers them

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

I'm talking about normal series BMW .only few normal series have them v8 etc .
And he wasn't talking about amg too .

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

I know you could also say there's a BMW with with front wheeled electric motors so not all BMWs are rare wheeled drive ..you're funny

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

Only a maniac will buy this horrendous piece of sh*t for even 1m especially when it’s parked for long as I can tell. The owner wan transfer his frustration on one gullible greedy Nigerian.
grin grin grin
I wouldn't recommend a normie buys it .however if you're the adventurous type you can try ..
It just needs small engine work and small interior work lol AC still works o grin

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Prevailing: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

BMW 1 Series
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Prevailing: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Me love the beamers, especially those with in line 6 M series

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Acl/grimaldi Schedules / Bosch Announces Breakthrough Technology That Could Save Diesel Cars / Pre-order Or Nigerian Buy; Which Is Better? A Dealer's Insight!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.