Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos (1013 Views)

Fresh Driver License easier n faster / Vehicle Registration| Driver's License| Change of Ownership / How To Apply For And Renew Driver’s License In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 03, 2022
My DL just expired last month.

I don't need capturing. I just want to renew it.

What's the easiest way please?
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by ehissi(m): 6:14am On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:
My DL just expired last month.

I don't need capturing. I just want to renew it.

What's the easiest way please?

Go online and do it yourself.....collect it in 2 weeks
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 03, 2022
ehissi:

Go online and do it yourself.....collect it in 2 weeks

Is that possible? In Nigeria?

Have you done it before or seen someone that did it?
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Buharidgeneral: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

Yes . Less than 2 weeks sef but in Abuja. Everything online including payment
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 03, 2022
Buharidgeneral:

Yes . Less than 2 weeks sef but in Abuja. Everything online including payment

How do you get the temporary stamp/permit pending the issuance?

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by ehissi(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

That's what I did! Go to the website of the frsc and do-it-yourself, print the acknowledgement print out and payment slip and go and pay in designated bank

Then take the payment receipt and gonto the designated collection point of your choice....

In the form online, you get to chose where you want to collect it.......the acknowledgement print out will be used as your license in the interim!!

Also do not agree for biometric capture, there is an option on the form that asks if you want to do biometric data capture, since it's a renewal, select no....

In my case, I did my licence in lagos, but when I wanted to renew I selected to collect in benin City!! It was out in less than a month
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2022
Hi
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2022
ehissi:

That's what I did! Go to the website of the frsc and do-it-yourself, print the acknowledgement print out and payment slip and go and pay in designated bank

Then take the payment receipt and gonto the designated collection point of your choice....

In the form online, you get to chose where you want to collect it.......the acknowledgement print out will be used as your license in the interim!!

Also do not agree for biometric capture, there is an option on the form that asks if you want to do biometric data capture, since it's a renewal, select no....

In my case, I did my licence in lagos, but when I wanted to renew I selected to collect in benin City!! It was out in less than a month

Okay the designated collection point will stamp the receipt I guess.
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by ehissi(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

Okay the designated collection point will stamp the receipt I guess.

They will simply collect it and send you away!!! Stamp not required........
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
ehissi:

They will simply collect it and send you away!!! Stamp not required........

Thanks for your help

I am only worried about the temporary licence.

I thought they would stamp it.
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Buharidgeneral: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

How do you get the temporary stamp/permit pending the issuance?
There's print out after payment.

Just print it. That'll serve as your temporary permit until you receive a SMS alert for you DL
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
Buharidgeneral:
There's print out after payment.

Just print it. That'll serve as your temporary permit until you receive a SMS alert for you DL

Does the print out need to be stamped ?

Again, must payment be in bank?

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Buharidgeneral: 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

Does the print out need to be stamped ?

Again, must payment be in bank?

No

No. Once you complete your form. The portal will direct you to the payment platform and you pay with your bank card
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Buharidgeneral:

No

No. Once you complete your form. The portal will direct you to the payment platform and you pay with your bank card

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by ehissi(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

Thanks

Word of advice, don't pay with card oooh! As of now the payment platform get wahala......just print payment slip and go to one of three designated banks and go and pay

When you pay, visit any collection point (or the designated collection point) and drop the receipt.....

They will look at all your documents and first check if you accepted to do biometric capture, if you did, na there they will start looking for ways to bobo you for cash all in the name of date for swift data capture.

If you didn't, they will only collect the receipt and dismiss you, they will not issue temporary and they will not stamp the acknowledgement slip....

The acknowledgement slip is your temporary drivers licence, anybody stops you, show them that, tell them that is your temporary license pending when the reissued one is ready.......

Check in 2 weeks and above, remember the month you applied, that is all you need to look for it and pick it up
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
ehissi:

Word of advice, don't pay with card oooh! As of now the payment platform get wahala......just print payment slip and go to one of three designated banks and go and pay

When you pay, visit any collection point (or the designated collection point) and drop the receipt.....

They will look at all your documents and first check if you accepted to do biometric capture, if you did, na there they will start looking for ways to bobo you for cash all in the name of date for swift data capture.

If you didn't, they will only collect the receipt and dismiss you, they will not issue temporary and they will not stamp the acknowledgement slip....

The acknowledgement slip is your temporary drivers licence, anybody stops you, show them that, tell them that is your temporary license pending when the reissued one is ready.......

Check in 2 weeks and above, remember the month you applied, that is all you need to look for it and pick it up

Thanks o.

I don dey reason card payment o...
Re: Easiest Way To Renew Driver's License In Lagos by ehissi(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
LagosInter:

Thanks o.

I don dey reason card payment o...

If them debit you and error dey involve, who you wan report yourself give?

(1) (Reply)

REGISTERED 2011 MERCEDES BENZ GLK 350 UPGRADED TO 2013* / Sold / Distress Sale Of 011 Corolla(2 Months Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.