Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,555 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account (34046 Views)

Court Remands Health Worker And 3 Others For Dismembering Hunchback Man In Benue / Female Health Worker, Fruit Seller Shot As Police Engage Robbers In Abia / Health Worker In Rivers Sleeps With Man She Hired To Kill Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by NaijaCover(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2022
Walter Ikani, a health worker in Calabar, has narrated how N1.6 million mysteriously vanished from his Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) account.

Ikani Told FIJ that he visited the bank several times and wrote to them after the incident, but nothing positive came forth despite his efforts.

The health worker said that the fraudulent activity that took place on his account happened six days after he requested a new ATM card.

He said that on August 7, he received a call from an unknown number and the speaker sounded like an automated voice reading out a set of numbers.

Confused at the voice message, I quickly hung up the call, only to see a series of alerts, about eleven of them, to the tune of N1,650,000, from my GT Bank account,” Ikani told FIJ.

He stated that he was surprised to see that SportyBet was the recipient of the unauthorised transaction on his account.
Ikani said immediately after the series of debit alerts, he contacted his account officer, who promised to restrict his account and escalate the issue.

I searched the internet for the Sportybet customer care contact and registered my complaint. The first representative I spoke with asked me to report the case to GT Bank so they could liaise with them to resolve the dispute because they could not oblige me as an individual,” Ikani said.

“The second customer care representative was a bit more considerate. She told me that the funds had been further transferred to a Palmpay account, which she read out to me.”

The following morning, after the incident happened, Ikani approached a GT Bank branch along Calabar road to make a formal complaint in a letter, which he addressed to the branch manager. This, he said, was in addition to an email he had earlier sent, which the bank acknowledged.

Ikani said that some days later, after he visited the bank, they replied via email that the transaction was consummated using his primary card details and, as such, the bank could not agree to refund his money.

Upon further inquiry, GT Bank asked him to fill out a card dispute form for the fraud team to review the transactions, he said.

GT Bank would later mail the outcome of the card dispute investigation to say the funds were further transferred to three accounts, each belonging to either Palmpay, Polaris or Zenith Bank,” he said.

“They noticed I was the beneficiary of the accounts. Meanwhile, a simple check on the accounts displays the actual name of the beneficiaries.”

He said that among the accounts listed in their report, the only account that belonged to him was the Zenith Bank account.

According to him, only N1 was credited to the account while the chunk of the fund was credited to a Palmpay account, and about N100,000 to the Polaris account.

“I noticed two things in their report that remained unclear. What is the name of the beneficiary account where the funds were initially transferred to?” He asked.

Secondly, how is it that the Palmpay account number initially mentioned by the Sportybet customer service representative was not reflected in their report because the transfer details on their report did not capture the entire transfer of N1,650,000.”

FIJ emailed GT Bank on the issue, but they replied with an automated response, asking this reporter to call them. However, the bank’s phone number was not available at press time.

Source: https://fij.ng/article/n1-6m-vanishes-from-health-workers-gt-bank-account/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by NaijaCover(m): 10:11am On Oct 03, 2022
This Is The Latest Update From GTBANK Customer, That Said His Money Is Missing.

Proudly Brought To You By

13 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Rossonero: 10:13am On Oct 03, 2022
Hmm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by NaijaCover(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2022
Rossonero:
Hmm.

See More Update Via www.. Com

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by TarOrfeeek: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2022
GT Bank is a very compromised bank right now.

For your peace move your money.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by benuejosh: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2022
Na woa
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by damosade(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2022
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Israeli072011(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2022
Filling a card dispute form takes 45 working days before you get any response, (that's if there would be a positive response) that's how the other day, my brother using Gtbank just started receiving debit alert from Kenya in dollar equivalent ON A ZERO ACCOUNT BALANCE OOH ( there was no money in the account) the Ops head said she has never experienced anything like that since she came to the bank. they debited him till the account got to -39k, that was when I called someone to block the account.
after a while he received a credit alert that took the account back to #0.00 another time he received an alert of 38k.

Strange things happening in banks.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Israeli072011(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2022
its not always like that, anything can happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Israeli072011(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

its not always like that, anything can happen.

7 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by MMempire(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2022
Sorry to say, but GTB na useless bank when e come to sudden disappearance of customer's fund.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Soulsymbol99: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2022
I no understand this bank again since after their legal battle with Innoson. Wetin be there name to start wit cuz na GTCO I dey see these dayz undecided

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Manna4Gurls: 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
This bad news loud sad
In this hardship people still dey mishandle that kind of money.
E tire me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Thomthom(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
Forget that thing yahoo workers don full banks this days... the day my wife collect ATM card, that night someone called her to give her the last 5 digit.. how the person take no say my wife don collect ATM card if not the workers in the Bank .. were did the caller get her date of birth, Full name, Address.. etc before demanding for the last 5 digits.. if CBN no do anything, naso money go dey varnish for people Account.

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Pells: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
Buhari call your boys to order lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Calibrator: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
Customers will never come clean about loose guarding sensitive data like BVN, OTP to fraudsters.

All blame always placed at the financial institutions door cheesy

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Nazgul: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
It's impossible for someone to hack into your account using your ATM details without you ignorantly giving them the consent to do so.

Maybe he innocently filled his card details on a pishing website and they copied it and hacked into his account. Because you're required to change your ATM password immediately after receiving your new ATM card, so it's safe to say that after changing his password the bank had no access to his account unless he revealed his card details elsewhere.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by alingo2013(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
wink Sue the bank to court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by bigdammyj: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
It'll be returned.

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by ojmetrix(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
Yaho boys are menace to the society and should be dealt with someone hard earn money just swipe in twinkle of eye. Yahoo is never smartness but a course.
Most of the bankers should be scrutinize cos they incorporate with most of those yahoo boys.
Your saving account should not be linked with ATM card. Have other bank account with small find just for emergencies.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Alwaysready(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
At the moment,almost all the banks are having security issues.

Dec don dey come and azzaman wan do xmas by fire by force . grin

14 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by rusher14: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
Access Bank after wiping your money.

14 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Iamdbull: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

To all my fans and lovers all over the world!

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Show some love

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hhh
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by stano2(m): 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
Okay na
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by chieveboy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
This sounds like an insider job

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by lordparcel: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
grin
Na local de Pay now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by highchief1: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
post=117226671:

Source: https://fij.ng/article/n1-6m-vanishes-from-health-workers-gt-bank-account/
acc that have such funds shouldn’t have atm.my atm account is only funded when I want to use atm.i lost 276k with fidelity bank so I learnt the hard way.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by olola4(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
It is high time EFCC, ICPC look into the activities of Sportybet and Nigeria Lottery Regulation Commission to seize SportyBet operating license until investigations are completed.

So many stories of criminals using SportyBet to steal money from innocent peoples account. Enough is Enough the relevant agency should take action!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Godada(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2022

These things can only happen with account linked to an ATM card.

The thing is his account details have somehow being compromised after he requested an new ATM card. How that happened is between himself and the banking system and a fraudster.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7-Year-Old Boy From Ogun Sold For N1m, Recovered In Anambra After 2 Years / NDLEA Arrests Businessman, 1 Other With 3.027kg Cocaine At Abuja & Lagos Airport / Achievements Of Chris Ezike, CP Rivers State Within 24 Days In Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.