Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Job Advice: Bank Or I.T - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Advice: Bank Or I.T (192 Views)

I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Advice: Bank Or I.T by Einterest: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello all ,
I'm a graduate of biochem and trained my self in various it skills. I recently got a contract role as an engineer(it) that pays around 90k for one year with a 50% chance of being a full staff after one year. Where salary could be increased to about 200k.. Now I got in as a graduate trainee in one of these banks and salary from what I heard is about 200k.

During the interview cause of my cv the hr guys at the bank asked if I would be interested in working at their I.T department and I said yes, they however said they can't promise anything yet.

My delima;
1. I have no experience in banking. I'm majorly interested in I.T but as stated earlier the bank could not promise.

2. The current place I work has an excellent work culture,but 50% chance of being retained

3. I have heard how brutal banks can be In terms of sacking, I belive as a graduate trainee it shouldn't be that bad.

4. I'm also passionate about entrepreneurship, I believe banking would help me along that part.

5, Someone told me once I'm in the system(banking) It would be easy to switch to I.T even if they post me to another department.

Ps: please if u have experience working in the bank your input would be appreciated,, I would like to get an overview of the work culture in banks, how easy it is to switch to another department. And most importantly job security as a full staff
Re: Job Advice: Bank Or I.T by Aremson14(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

You Want To Work Anywhere In The World. / Kalmar And Crane Operator / Quick Financial Upgrade Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.