Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes (4581 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / ASUU Strike Called Off / ASUU Strike: Kaduna State University Asks Students, Lecturers To Resume May 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
RESOLUTION OF CONGRESS
Congress of Nigerian Universities Academics(CONUA) held an emergency meeting today 4th October, 2022 at the uniben sports complex car park between 3 and 4.30pm and unanimously resolved that:
1. Members should resume work unfailingly tomorrow Wednesday 5th October, 2022.
2. Any attack, physical or verbal by any member(s) of the striking ASUU should be promptly reported to the university management.
3. Members should commence teaching and project supervision immediately.
4. Members were briefed and assured that march, April and May salaries will be paid along October salary while June, July, August and September salaries will be paid with November salary.
5. Members were further informed that the IPPIS payment platform has been modified to accommodate all academic earned allowances.
6. Members expressed appreciation to the federal government for the recognition and registration of our great, dynamic and responsible union.
Signed
Prof v.o igbineweka
Chairman, CONUA uniben chapter

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Bobloco: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
grin

Is it possible for CONUA to call off the strike it did not declare in the first place

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bobloco:
grin

Is it possible for CONUA call off the strike it did not declare in the first place
They are comedians

4 Likes

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by engrsyer(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
Wahala nor dey finish for this country.

CONUA is alien to all even to the self acclaimed members of CONUA.

But let's see who would win between ASUU Vs CONUA

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by FreeStuffsNG: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
They are comedians
Stay at home for ever if you are a student then you will know the true comedians wink

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
The name sef no sweet for mouth, ASUU we know ASUU we love, strike continues until after election no shaking

13 Likes

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by LordIsaac(m): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hahaha hahaha.....CONUA grin grin grin angry what a country!
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Tinubuagbado: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yoruba, Tinubu and apc version of ASUU.

Comedians.

APC causing more problems for itself.

Not only conua, they should akso register conmen.

2 Likes

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Jflex07(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubu and APC urchins calling off strike.. cheesy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Iliveforever(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Las las it’s the students that will suffer it cos they’ll leave with more emptier brains than they went in.

Nigeria is indeed a shit hole
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by adioolayi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Divide and rule....

Fighting the government is extremely difficult

2 Likes

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Realist12: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU might have a good plan and proposal but the way they go about it is mostly extreme. Now they even went political by saying students and parents should vote out APC . Is it cause Obi is the presidential candidate of the political wing of the NLC .
Such a negative way to play politics

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Julianababe: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Its not a negative way, what have you achieved from APC ?

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Julianababe:
Its not a negative way, what have you achieved from APC ?
Realist12. They are talking to you o.

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Faber(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU embarked on strike, CONUA called it off...

Okay na, thats one of the reasons I no gree go School and am happy I no gree enter University one day. All these so called graduates who I grew up with, who were mocking me are today begging for money.

They were in school, I learnt driving, barbing, painting etc...plus one other skill that is very much in demand, that's spamming. Today I dey covered pass them
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by stamapro(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
CONUA, wow!!! How do they intend to manage the situation. These formation na hungry cause am. They done call off strike by CONUA, sounds strange, make ASUU, call off now, even CNN go carry am for news, a case of my sheep know me, any other voice na thief or barawo through window, Academic union.

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Better
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

Okay na, thats one of the reasons I no gree go School and am happy I no gree enter University one day. All these so called graduates who I grew up with, who were mocking me are today begging for money.

They were in school, I learnt driving, barbing, painting etc...plus one other skill that is very much in demand, that's spamming. Today I dey covered pass them

Gutter attitude.

Stop mocking people because of their misfortune.

4 Likes

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by jom28gy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
How true is it
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by brightest5050: 12:13am On Oct 06, 2022
The headline is misleading. CONUA did not call off the strike (they did not declare in the first place) it simply ordered its members to resume academic work.

CONUA was not on strike in the first place they stopped academic work because 'universities gate' was closed by VC which made student unavailable for the CONUA to teach.

Cc; ALMUSTAQIM be guided and use sensational headline to mislead. MODs please do not push this thread to front page, it should be done after Op edit the caption properly

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Yankee101: 12:47am On Oct 06, 2022
I hope it’s true
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 06, 2022
cheesy
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by thesicilian: 5:31am On Oct 06, 2022
Lol
A meeting of supposedly top university academics was held at a car park, not a hotel, conference room or any of the numerous lecture halls.

Hardly do you even hear of road transport workers holding their meetings in car parks.

1 Like

Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:59am On Oct 06, 2022
ALMUSTAQIM:
RESOLUTION OF CONGRESS
Congress of Nigerian Universities Academics(CONUA) held an emergency meeting today 4th October, 2022 at the uniben sports complex car park between 3 and 4.30pm and unanimously resolved that:
1. Members should resume work unfailingly tomorrow Wednesday 5th October, 2022.
2. Any attack, physical or verbal by any member(s) of the striking ASUU should be promptly reported to the university management.
3. Members should commence teaching and project supervision immediately.
4. Members were briefed and assured that march, April and May salaries will be paid along October salary while June, July, August and September salaries will be paid with November salary.
5. Members were further informed that the IPPIS payment platform has been modified to accommodate all academic earned allowances.
6. Members expressed appreciation to the federal government for the recognition and registration of our great, dynamic and responsible union.
Signed
Prof v.o igbineweka
Chairman, CONUA uniben chapter

This is. A good one

Students. Oya resume and the ones already working .defer the admission
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by SaiOba: 6:44am On Oct 06, 2022
CONUA needs to cum n shalaye to the Greatest Nigerian Students how they are calling off ASUU Strike.

This strike is NOT a CONUA strike but ASUU.

APC FG should stop sponsoring division to get their way. It has always been their thing. Very soon they are going to say ASUU is a terrorist organisation. Giving a dog a bad name when it's obvious that they have failed this country.
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by emmy512: 6:58am On Oct 06, 2022
Aluta conua
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Connected1: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2022
Faber:

You might fall some day and you will beg them for money tomorrow.

Don't mock others because of their misfortune, anything can happen to anyone.
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Faber(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2022
Connected1:

You might fall some day and you will beg them for money tomorrow.

Don't mock others because of their misfortune, anything can happen to anyone.

Guy, money way Amazon dey pay me monthly too long, and it's for a lifetime, plus other investments, piggy bank and some other platforms are also holding my invested bucks. grin grin

Even if I got bedridden (God forbid) I am covered
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by Connected1: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2022
Faber:

Guy, money way Amazon dey pay me monthly too long, and it's for a lifetime, plus other investments, piggy bank and some other platforms are also holding my invested bucks. grin grin

Even if I got bedridden (God forbid) I am covered
Yeah more like it.

There are people with more resources than you but they still fell, what I am trying to say is, don't mock others because your hustle paid off or you are privileged.
Re: Strike Called Off. Students, Lecturers To Resume Classes by KnackAmPlank: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2022
Faber:

Boss
Come teach me spamming
Me sef wan learn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb 2013 Utme Use Of English: The Summary Of The Two Novels; “the Successors” W / African Migrant Comes Out From Suitcase At Switzerland Train Station (photos) / Exam Questions - Second Term Examination For Senior Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.