Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! (2403 Views)

Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Judas1X: 5:47am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep!

There are many devils here eg LORDREED, TAMARATONYE1, JUDAS1X, KOBOJUNKIE, CHRYSSANTHE, and many high quality atheists.
grin grin Hahahahahaha. The coward doesn't even have the balls to mention my moniker properly. I've now taken the liberty to correctly spell the monikers that you intentionally misspelt just so you can hide in the corner and bitch like a rejected housewife. grin grin grin

Look at you. Running scared of your own shadow. We scare you, don't we? Atheists are your worst nightmare cheesy. That's why you sleep on Nairaland attacking atheists hoping one day they'll go away. cheesy

You keep getting exposed by superior debaters who tower head and shoulders above you. You keep calling yourself a winner in these encounters, even though the damning proof of your god's inexistence, as shown by us, keeps compelling you to defend your exposed lies with yet more lies. grin cheesy grin

You're an illiterate, a first class buffoon with the comprehension graces of a todler with mental epilepsy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:58am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

grin Hahahahahaha. The coward doesn't even have the balls to mention my moniker properly. I have now taken the liberty to correctly spell...cheesy

grin Shows how 'little' I acknowledge that you guys exist! grin
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Judas1X: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Shows how 'little' I acknowledge that you guys exist! grin
Yeah it's so little that you're bitching behind their backs about how they're causing you pain. A grown man moaning about people who don't even bother with him grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07am On Oct 09, 2022
Judas1X:

[b]Yeah it's so little that you're bitching behind their backs about how they're causing you pain. A grown man moaning about people who don't even bother with him grin grin grin grin

grin Yet, you got the mention notice. That is not a behind your back. grin
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by orisa37: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2022
YOU ARE JUST IMAGINING MADNESS, YOUR SPIRIT IS GRADUALLY ABANDONING YOU. PLEASE SNAP BACK, PRAY UPON IT AND YOU ARE RIGHT IJN AMEN.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by orisa37: 7:19am On Oct 09, 2022
fman:
That's ya business!!

Make it profitable.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by LordReed(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2022
efficiencie:

Slowly becoming an atheist? What are you slowing for? It is that slowly in the title that really interest me. You are either a believer or not, there is nothing like "slowly becoming". And when did going to church become a necessary and/or sufficient sign of belief in the supernatural. People go to church for a lot of reasons - from earning a living to hunting for the next victim. And if leaving the church has granted you a lot of freedom then you need to question your sanity in the first place. How did you wind up in a place called "church" where your life wasn't going well, huh? A lot of people attend cult gatherings but call it a church you know! But if indeed you left a bible believing church, I hope you will be courageous and morally upright enough to stick to your new found love for atheism when you hit a brick wall and all hope seems to be lost! Because na that time people dey like remember GOD the most.

Abegi leave story. I was facing potential death on the surgeon's table and I didn't once call on your Jewish deity, yet here I am. The vagaries of life are just that, vagaries. Some of the richest billionaires of this world are either atheist or agnostic so your Jewish deity has no influence on who thrives or not. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by efficiencie(m): 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2022
LordReed:

Abegi leave story. I was facing potential death on the surgeon's table and I didn't once call on your Jewish deity, yet here I am. The vagaries of life are just that, vagaries. Some of the richest billionaires of this world are either atheist or agnostic so your Jewish deity has no influence on who thrives or not. LoLz.

Well you've got a point there and I respect your opinion. Perhaps my Jewish deity has no influence whatsoever in your life and perhaps in your own lens there is no deity anywhere but even you will have to agree at some point that there are areas or aspects of life that have defied some of the best analytical minds. For example neurological researchers suggest that it is possible for you to be conscious even in a coma (https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/comas-conscious-communicate/) and there is this notion of "being trapped in one's body" which makes anyone question the nature of human existence, evolution and materialistic worldview. Now this is just one aspect of life. For some others they look back at their lives, see how ordered it is even though in their past moments their life seemed subject to un-directed random events. These persons tend to attribute that order in their life to the GOD they serve. Now people who are exposed to these aspects of life and its many questions are also subject to the same doubts as you only that they decided to believe in the possibility that the existence of a GOD somewhere could explain or provide answers to the many questions that they have. So in as much as I do not blame you for taking your stance in a world of uncertainty, I also expect you to understand why some others choose to believe.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by LordReed(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2022
efficiencie:

Well you've got a point there and I respect your opinion. Perhaps my Jewish deity has no influence whatsoever in your life and perhaps in your own lens there is no deity anywhere but even you will have to agree at some point that there are areas or aspects of life that have defied some of the best analytical minds. For example neurological researchers suggest that it is possible for you to be conscious even in a coma (https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/comas-conscious-communicate/) and there is this notion of "being trapped in one's body" which makes anyone question the nature of human existence, evolution and materialistic worldview. Now this is just one aspect of life. For some others they look back at their lives, see how ordered it is even though in their past moments their life seemed subject to un-directed random events. These persons tend to attribute that order in their life to the GOD they serve. Now people who are exposed to these aspects of life and its many questions are also subject to the same doubts as you only that they decided to believe in the possibility that the existence of a GOD somewhere could explain or provide answers to the many questions that they have. So in as much as I do not blame you for taking your stance in a world of uncertainty, I also expect you to understand why some others choose to believe.

I don't begrudge anyone their desire to believe in a Jewish or any other type of deity. What I will stand against though is bad ideas that are borne on belief such as the idea that a deity is required to thrive successfully in this world. That idea is nothing but bunkum. So believe all you want but if you try to spread bunkum I am gonna say no.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2022
efficiencie:

Well you've got a point there and I respect your opinion. Perhaps my Jewish deity has no influence whatsoever in your life!
It's because you lack accurate knowledge of God's word that's why you think the God of the Bible may not have influence on some people. For your information as long as a person wakes up each morning to have one thing or another with his/her fellow human the God of the Bible has influence on you!

Please tell me who amongst mankind is not working seriously to put food on his table?
Or who hasn't lost a loved on in death?
Or who doesn't feel the effects of religious activities around him or her? Genesis 3:19

For the fact that someone is here discussing about God alone is an indisputable evidence that the God of the Bible has influence in what he or she is doing because it costs you time, data and exerting of your brains to be here arguing about God! wink
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by hupernikao: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2022
LordReed:

I don't begrudge anyone their desire to believe in a Jewish or any other type of deity. What I will stand against though is bad ideas that are borne on belief such as the idea that a deity is required to thrive successfully in this world. That idea is nothing but bunkum. So believe all you want but if you try to spread bunkum I am gonna say no.

Lord of the Reed
Happy New Year.
Trust you have been good.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by hupernikao: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Ajay7411:
It's been a little over 4 years since I stopped going to church and my life has been going well as I got a lot of freedom and whatnot. As I'm now irreligious, atheism is slowly creeping in and I don't know what to do.

Church wasnt designed to give you your above definition of "well" i guess. Its a mixed up and trap that has led many astray.

But why did you stop church in the first place.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2022
hupernikao:

Lord of the Reed
Happy New Year.
Trust you have been good.

Hey there. Doing good, you?
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by hupernikao: 9:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkumareze:

We re plenty in this group, someone re just hiding, pretending as all is well.

One ll go to church, instead of coming back holier, u ll go home worst.

Hmmm, Bro, can you expatiate on this please.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by efficiencie(m): 3:12am On Oct 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's because you lack accurate knowledge of God's word that's why you think the God of the Bible may not have influence on some people. For your information as long as a person wakes up each morning to have one thing or another with his/her fellow human the God of the Bible has influence on you!

Please tell me who amongst mankind is not working seriously to put food on his table?
Or who hasn't lost a loved on in death?
Or who doesn't feel the effects of religious activities around him or her? Genesis 3:19

For the fact that someone is here discussing about God alone is an indisputable evidence that the God of the Bible has influence in what he or she is doing because it costs you time, data and exerting of your brains to be here arguing about God! wink

People define their perception based on their characteristics. No amount of debate will convince a blind who doesn't know that he is blind that the color of everything that exists is black. It doesn't matter how intelligently you convey your argument such a person will never "see" things the way you do. This is why I respect people's opinion when they are adamant. As for me I have my beliefs based on my experience through life and as far as the belief in the supernatural is concerned everyone's journey is unique to them.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by efficiencie(m): 3:22am On Oct 12, 2022
LordReed:

...but it is okay to spread your own "bunkum", right? That's unethical. Everyone has the right to promote what they believe to be true and it is up to others either denounce it or accept it. It is bunkum to you that a deity is needed to be "successful" in this world but in your reasoning you failed to realize that success is a very subjective term measured differently by different people over time. There are as many definitions of success as there are people if we were to allow for the nuanced realities of every individual faces over time. Some "successes" may be attributed to a "deity" somewhere while some others may not be. So you may have to rethink your position. However, I will always find it impossible to accept the random, undirected and unguided events led to the creation of all reality. This profoundly stupid idea is believed strongly by some of the smartest minds on the planet and they hold on to it religiously. How on earth will anyone be able to convince me that intelligence, information, order, space and time all resulted out of nothing by sheer accident and yet the people who hold this view find it absolutely appalling that some people believe that a highly intelligent super being was responsible for all reality.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 12, 2022
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 12, 2022
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 12, 2022
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 12, 2022
Lawag3:

When you leave God out of your mind he leaves you to a reprobate mind nothing looks bad to you again you will be free from your conscience
Not sure you have any idea about how I perceive evil sad
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2022
efficiencie:

People define their perception based on their characteristics. No amount of debate will convince a blind who doesn't know that he is blind that the color of everything that exists is black. It doesn't matter how intelligently you convey your argument such a person will never "see" things the way you do. This is why I respect people's opinion when they are adamant. As for me I have my beliefs based on my experience through life and as far as the belief in the supernatural is concerned everyone's journey is unique to them.

The highlighted is untrue!
Jesus is the wisest and most wonderful counselor of all times, he way of teaching is the best yet Jews speaking his mother tongue deliberately deaden their senses of assimilation just to keep their political ambitions. Do you think the Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus' day can't perceive what Jesus is portraying as absolute TRUTH?

Let's consider few clues:

© Nicodemus was one of them yet he secretly went to Jesus (at night) to confirm that members of his group are fully convinced that Jesus is God's sent! John 3:2
© According to the Torah which they claimed is their guidebook Moses foretold that another prophet will rise just like himself {Deuteronomy 18:15-19} out of all the prophets ever walked in their midst only Moses was conferred with the title "GOD" {Exodus 7:1} because that's the first prophet who performed miracles in the history of God's people and after him there was no other like him {Deuteronomy 34:10} except Jesus of Nazareth who performed miracles greater than what Moses ever did and they all acknowledged this {John 9:32-33} but what did the Pharisees and Sadducees thought after seeing all these? Well instead of humbly accepting Jesus they called a urgent meeting to get him killed! John 11:47-53

© They sent soldiers to get Jesus arrested but when these ones saw God's begotten Son they fell for his teachings {John 7:45-45} yet these wicked people grew much angrier at them {John 7:47-49} Nicodemus who happens to be one of them spoke up to prove that he's not carried away by their conspiracy theories {John 7:50-51} but they silenced him with a threat! John 7:52

© They later gathered thugs to follow another set of soldiers this time with one of Jesus' closest confidants (Judas Iscariot) so that there is no mistakes in catching this man. After catching him the attitude of Judas Iscariot showed that they breached the agreement they had with Judas which is just to question Jesus.

© They took Jesus to their King perhaps that one can see a reason to kill him the same way he did with John the baptist {Matthew 14:6} but Herod Antipas discovered that Jesus has no issues with him so he returned him to Pontius Pilate (Roman governor) then they stood their ground that Jesus must die even though Pilate couldn't find any fault in him! John 19:1-16

© Finally Pilate said he washed his hands from been part of the shedding of Jesus' blood but these people told Pilate:

“Let his blood come upon us and upon our children.” Matthew 27:25

Pilate brought out a notorious criminal who has terrorised Judea so much perhaps in exchange to save Jesus from the hands of this stiff-necked people but they told Pilate to free the criminal and kill Jesus! Matthew 27:26

Surely my friend the truth is not difficult to know but there is this great fence barring evildoers from becoming part of God's people! Luke 16:26 compare to Genesis 3:15

Most people have gotten the sense of truth but they deliberately blurred their senses from listening {Romans 1:20} for your information that is what Jesus referred to as sin against God's Holy Spirit: the type of sin that will never be forgiven! Matthew 12:31-32

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by LordReed(m): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2022
efficiencie:

...but it is okay to spread your own "bunkum", right? That's unethical. Everyone has the right to promote what they believe to be true and it is up to others either denounce it or accept it. It is bunkum to you that a deity is needed to be "successful" in this world but in your reasoning you failed to realize that success is a very subjective term measured differently by different people over time. There are as many definitions of success as there are people if we were to allow for the nuanced realities of every individual faces over time. Some "successes" may be attributed to a "deity" somewhere while some others may not be. So you may have to rethink your position. However, I will always find it impossible to accept the random, undirected and unguided events led to the creation of all reality. This profoundly stupid idea is believed strongly by some of the smartest minds on the planet and they hold on to it religiously. How on earth will anyone be able to convince me that intelligence, information, order, space and time all resulted out of nothing by sheer accident and yet the people who hold this view find it absolutely appalling that some people believe that a highly intelligent super being was responsible for all reality.

What bunkum have I spread, feel free to point it out.

Yes success is subjective, what it isn't is exclusive to god believers.

I am not concerned with what you don't want to believe, that's your business, I will point out any bunkum is all I'm saying.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by PastorAIO: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
Honchoslim16:
IFA olokun asoro dayo

Riru ebo ni n gbe ni. Airu ko kuku gbeniyan

Ogbo ato

1 Like

Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by hupernikao: 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2022
LordReed:

Hey there. Doing good, you?

Very well too.
Re: I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! by LordReed(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2022
hupernikao:

Very well too.

Good to hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Jacob Wrestle With God? / See Madness O ! Christians Crucifing Themselves In Phillipines! Crazy! / Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? [video Series]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.