Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

I Created A To-do Application With Django. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Created A To-do Application With Django. (554 Views)

I Need Help With Django / Built A Pizza Application With React. Added A Custom Pizza Builder. / Learn How To Build A Realtime Chat Application With Django, Rabbitmq And Vue.js (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Created A To-do Application With Django. by BoluwatifePromi: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by Sleekcode: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
Check it out on GitHub?

Or u mean checkout your code?

1 Like

Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
BoluwatifePromi:
Check it out:
https://github.com/Py-God/todo-app.git

How do we checkout an app that is not deployed?
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by LikeAking: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by Ajibel(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2022
Please create a README file in your repo.
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by Sleekcode: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2022
LikeAking:

Amazing!

You and amazing all the time

People post their work to be objectively criticized

Your positive comments all the time without actually pointing out some flaws that may be in their works doesn't help them improve in anyway.
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by bedfordng(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2022
Not bad for a start. I can see you love using class based views. My advice would be for you to get into how things works under the hood with Django.

Try use function based views on some functionalities in your project to see why some things worked the way it does.

Class based views prevents you from seeing the actual picture of how things works under the hood. Get your hands dirty with some function based views.

Don't limit yourself to only class based views as it can be tempting when you discover it ease development.
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by codeigniter(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

How do we checkout an app that is not deployed?

This is neat
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by codeigniter(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
bedfordng:
Not bad for a start. I can see you love using class based views. My advice would be for you to get into how things works under the hood with Django.

Try use function based views on some functionalities in your project to see why some things worked the way it does.

Class based views prevents you from seeing the actual picture of how things works under the hood. Get your hands dirty with some function based views.

Don't limit yourself to only class based views as it can be tempting when you discover it ease development.

I disagree, you don’t want to be writing FBVs in production codes, how willl you write clean codes that supports DRY, KISS pattern. How will he simulate mixins, reusable decorators and achieve predictable code structure. I went to his repo and understood all, I could easily extend that cos there is a structure I have seen b4 and I understand. I started out with FBV too and still use it to achieve quick and dirty jobs. Kudos OP

1 Like

Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by Rictech: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2022
codeigniter:

I disagree, you don’t want to be writing FBVs in production codes, how willl you write clean codes that supports DRY, KISS pattern. How will he simulate mixins, reusable decorators and achieve predictable code structure. I went to his repo and understood all, I could easily extend that cos there is a structure I have seen b4 and I understand. I started out with FBV too and still use it to achieve quick and dirty jobs. Kudos OP
I so much love Django & I have worked with both views. As someone who likes working with Django rest framework, i prefer using CBV which I believe is best for serializers and makes you write clean codes that supports DRY & KISS pattern.
But quite painful I had to go back to React and start learning MERNstack when I encountered difficulty that has to do with GDALException error in a project I was working on with no solution in sight, but I will be back though
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by bedfordng(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2022
codeigniter:

You don't even get my point at all. I don't understand your definition of clean code as one can still write clean code with FBV. The clean code you are even referring to with CBV, is it not codes written under the hood for the view it self.

The only difference is you are seeing most of what you wrote with FBV.

So the likes of flask and fast API that does function based views means someone cannot write clean code with it.
Re: I Created A To-do Application With Django. by codeigniter(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
bedfordng:

You don't even get my point at all. I don't understand your definition of clean code as one can still write clean code with FBV. The clean code you are even referring to with CBV, is it not codes written under the hood for the view it self.

The only difference is you are seeing most of what you wrote with FBV.

So the likes of flask and fast API that does function based views means someone cannot write clean code with it.

lol

(1) (Reply)

How I Crawled Leads From Jiji / Abt Lincence Key / Apple Iphone 6S Photos Have Been Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.