Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (526 Views)

Strike: FG Breaks ASUU’s Rank, To Release Withheld Salaries Of Medical Lecturers / Striking Lecturers Get Two Months Salary / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by nariamoney: 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has stopped the salaries of striking lecturers of the state-owned university.

Tambuwal revealed this while interacting with youths at the International Conference Centre, Kasarawa, at the weekend.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) had declared strike in February over the demand for improved welfare, among others.

Also Read: ASUU Rejects FG’s New Offer, Insists On UTAS

But a disappointed Tambuwal said, “Last month, I stopped the payment of their salaries because I have been magnanimous enough by paying them more than five month salary without work.

“I asked them to resume work or forfeit their salaries because they have no reason whatsoever to continue with the strike.

“The issues raised by ASUU branches in federal universities are not the same with what obtains in the state university. If they have other issues they should come forward with them, otherwise we will not pay them their salaries until they go back to the classroom,” he said.

He admonished the lecturers to resume work if indeed they have the interest of the state and its students at heart.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Unfair
Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by Ebubu: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
ASUU is owing Sokoto state government, Sokoto state government should go ahead to sue them to court to repay all the sums they’ve received while on strike since february till october.

no work no pay is enshrined in nigeria constitution and it is clear

government has just been overlooking it due to (obi ebere in igbo) meaning merciful heart.

but today, it must be followed to the last minute, who want die make e die

if lecturing don tire you, resign and find a better job, it is allowed.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by Ebubu: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
Becky12:
Unfair

if you had a company, will you pay your staff for going on strike for 8 months ?

8 months of no work ?

who will repay students for wasting house rent for 8 months ?

who will repay the 8months of students wasted?

small business owners, food vendors, typists, photocopiers, transport owners? who will repay them for jobs lost since 8months ?

high time ASUU is disbanded let there be peace in this country.

IPOB did something similar

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by Ebubu: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
government should go ahead to sack them all. how can a sane person be on strike since February over an issue with FG, whereas you are lecturing in state government university and you have no issue with them, but yet you are striking in name of solidarity, state government pays you till around october then stops to pay you.

ASUU is owing the sokoto state government

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by Ebubu: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Becky12:
Unfair
did you read this below?

he said, “Last month, I stopped the payment of their salaries because I have been magnanimous enough by paying them more than five month salary without work.

“I asked them to resume work or forfeit their salaries because they have no reason whatsoever to continue with the strike.
Re: ASUU: Tambuwal Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers by seunlayi(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
Becky12:
Unfair
I know you can't pay your staff for not coming to work for 2 weeks not to talk of months.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Best Jamb Tutorial Online (explicit) Join Our Platform For Jamb Lesso / Revealed: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Jihad / Talented Fact Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.