Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia (3505 Views)

Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Marriage Introduction / MONALISA CHINDA IN BEFORE MEETS AFTER PICS / Pictures Of Monaliza Chinda In 2012 Shoot Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by anonymous6(f): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2011
[b]"Nollywood takes it to Australia as Gossip Nation becomes the first high budget Nollywood movie to be shot on location in Australia. Directed by Mike Kang, the movie features Monalisa Chinda, Saabeah Aforo Addo, Ejike Asiegbu, Edigue Omokaro and much more. Gossip Nation is a comedy that should keep us laughing for hours.

Press Info:

In Blacktown, a small but steadily growing African community faces its greatest challenge – Gossip. Gossip that destroys friendships, family, hoods – even interracial relations with other Australians as it strives through the difficult road of multiculturalism.

SYNOPSIS
Gossip Nation takes multiple characters each on his / her journey through the strained community of Blacktown. Each character touches another through the destructive power of Gossip.

Kemi, a Nigerian immigrant in her 20’s, spreads damaging Gossip within her African community out of her need to be loved, starting the fires of greed, jealousy and loneliness to those she touches.

John is an English immigrant that has left the old country in order to escape the onslaught of sudden immigration. Now an established Australian family man, he finds his style of life he worked hard to build threatened by a steadily growing African community in his neighbourhood.

Kabaka is a quirky, successful businessman trapped in his own world of uncontrollable lust, forever seeking to bed down with young women many years below his age – priding his rate of success. His latest ambition leads to Jenny – a young married woman with strong integrity locked in a marriage based on a lie.

Amanda is a 2nd generation African living in an abusive family that has failed to achieve the Australian dream. Alone at heart, her pursuit to find a new family to belong in sets her down the road to self-destruction as relationships collapse around her.

Emeka is an engineer from Nigeria and now an office cleaner in Australia. Emeka lives a faceless existence, a shadow of what he had hoped his Australian life would be. He encounters Greg, an Anglo Australian businessman whom through tough love tries to show him the raw truth and turn his life around.

Source: Nollywood By Mindspace on Facebook "[/b]

http://www.jaguda.com/2011/03/12/nollywood-nollywood-goes-to-australia-for-gossip-nation/

[b]"Veteran actor Ejike Asiegbu and sultry actress Monalisa Chinda held audience spellbound at Australia’s biggest cinemas,Hoyts,in Sydney on Saturday,May 14,2011 venue of the premiere of “GOSSIP NATION” the movie they starred in.

A spokesperson for the producers say the premiere was attended by the opposition of the state of New South Wales Parliament, John Robertson, the Nigerian Ambassador J.C Ezema and several Afro-Australian actors, musicians and a host of main stream Australian entertainment and media personalities.

The premiere was described as the most ‘heterogeneous event in recent Australian history’ as different races from Chinese, Asians, to Africans, Whites to Aboriginal Australians to Indians and Pacific Islanders were all represented at the event.

‘They have written their names into the Australian history as the first Nollywood actors to film in Australia’, director of the movie Daniel Okoduwa talked about Asiegbu and Monalisa’s roles. And in the words of the ambassador Ezema, he simply had this to say ‘They are the true ambassadors of Nigeria’. "[/b]

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/12384/17/veteran-actor-ejike-asiegbu-and-sultry-actress-mon.html

Monolisa Chinda(NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS)
[img]http://2.bp..com/-I82kD5rA4Ok/TeewtewzMeI/AAAAAAAAKnE/8yxkVZeBBe4/s1600/Monalisa%2B1.jpg[/img]

GOSSIP NATION PREMIERE TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEm3_Irivc
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
ahahaha Blacktown, that's the perfect place to shoot this movie as it is one of the worst place to live in Sydney!

by the way, anyone knows how much this BIG BUDGET movie costs? or is shooting in Australia automatically makes it "big budget"?
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by tunnytox(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

ahahaha Blacktown, that's the perfect place to shoot this movie as it is one of the worst place to live in Sydney!

by the way, anyone knows how much this BIG BUDGET movie costs? or is shooting in Australia automatically makes it "big budget"?

LOL grin grin
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2011
Very Funny, So a big budget movie can't be shot in a poor neighbourhood?
Slum Dog millionaire was shot in the slums of India, I guess that makes the movie a poor budget one? SMH,
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by doublekay: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
what is d criterion used in qualifying dis as a big pic
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
MariaP:

Very Funny, So a big budget movie can't be shot in a poor neighbourhood?
Slum Dog millionaire was shot in the slums of India, I guess that makes the movie a poor budget one? SMH,

where the movie is being shot has absolutely nothing to do with it being a BIG budget or not.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Kunbee: 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Gorgeous skin

@op we shall wait and see
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by anonymous6(f): 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2011
@MRBrownJAY

Good Question, But I don't know how much this big budget movie is actually but when IJE starring Genevieve and Omotola came out last year that movie was dubbed the most expensive Nollywood movie and their were rumors from what I have read from blogs and etc, it was 1-3 million dollars to make IJE, so maybe this movie is around that budget as well, but don't know; but you are right location is irrelevant to how much money you pay a movie but the headline did make a big deal about the movie being made in Australia.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by anonymous6(f): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
@kunbee

so true
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

where the movie is being shot has absolutely nothing to do with it being a BIG budget or not.

So what's your comment about the neighbourhood all about, in relation to the movie?

MRbrownJAY:

Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2011
And, BTW, who is [b]MONO[/b]lisa Chinda?
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 17, 2011
^^ you completely misunderstood what i wrote: Blacktown is where many of the African/foreigners live in Sydney. i personally refer to it as the GHETTO, coupled with some part of Redfern. my point was that it was the perfect place to shoot an African/Nollywood movie in Australia. . . . . . . . . . and had nothing to do with how much has been spent to shoot this flick.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 2:08am On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ you completely misunderstood what i wrote: Blacktown is where many of the African/foreigners live in Sydney. i personally refer to it as the GHETTO, coupled with some part of Redfern. my point was that it was the perfect place to shoot an African/Nollywood movie in Australia. . . . . . . . . . and had nothing to do with how much has been spent to shoot this flick.
So why were you laughing then, if it's the 'perfect' place to shoot a movie?
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 17, 2011
^^it's not the perfect place to shoot A movie, its the perfect place to shoot THIS movie. see the difference?!
Nollywood producers (aka garbage producers) shooting in the worst possible place in Sydney, get it?!
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 4:46am On Aug 17, 2011
That still hasn't answered my question, why were you laughing since it's the perfect place to shoot this kind of movie
?
MariaP:

So why were you laughing then, if it's the 'perfect' place to shoot a movie?
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2011
MariaP:

That still hasn't answered my question, why were you laughing since it's the perfect place to shoot this kind of movie
?

Funny thing is, Mr Brown didn't laugh. Tunnytox quoted him and did laugh.

I think Mr Brown's sarcasm went right over your head.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
Siena:

Funny thing is, Mr Brown didn't laugh. Tunnytox quoted him and did laugh.

I think Mr Brown's sarcasm went right over your head.

[/quote

really? does he share his password with Tunnytox, or what is the meaning of the 'hahahaha' in his post below?

MRbrownJAY:

Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by UyiIredia(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2011
I die if the film reach up to $1 million
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I die if the film reach up to $1 million
The amount spent on making a movie doesn't determine how good or well recieved it will turn out,
Yea, it's a big budget movie by Nollywood standard,
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2011
@maria P
hopefully someday you will have the chance to go to Australia and take a spin to Blacktown, then you will probably laugh too.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@maria P
hopefully someday you will have the chance to go to Australia and take a spin to Blacktown, then you will probably laugh too.

It doesn't matter how ghetto-like the place looks like, Your mocking the place was uncalled for cause you're not any better than those residing there,
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^i do feel sorry for the way that you are thinking, it's really sad but very common on NL. as for lowering myself to your inferiority complex level, i will pass!

i live in the streets, in cardboard boxes, and yet will still laugh when hearing that some Nollywood flick will be shot in Blacktown.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^i do feel sorry for the way that you are thinking, it's really sad but very common on NL. as for lowering myself to your inferiority complex level, i will pass!

i live in the streets, in cardboard boxes, and yet will still laugh when hearing that some Nollywood flick will be shot in Blacktown.

If there's anyone one suffering frm inferiority complex, it's you! And What has inferiority complex got to with my stating the obvious that it was wrong mocking Blacktown, anyways?
And i don't think anybody gives a hoot about where you live, either
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
First you claim that i have no right to give my opinion about a place that i know very well. FAIL #1
if you have no mind of your own then so be it but dont believe we are all like you.

Second you claiming that i am no better than these people, as if A) you knew any of them B) you could ever move up to your level to know anyone like me or C) it made any damn difference to the fact at hand?!
FAIL #2
doesnt matter if Prince Charles lives there or if i live in a cardboard box DUH!!!! i guess, since you have no mind of your own, you judge places by WHO lives there rather than using your damn brain to EVALUATE the damn ghetto.
your brain should have kicked in and make you understand what i was saying AKA even if you live in a cardboard box, a shiitty area will remain a SHIITTY are.

hopefully, whatever is troubling you, there is a cure for it.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

First you claim that i have no right to give my opinion about a place that i know very well. FAIL #1
if you have no mind of your own then so be it but dont believe we are all like you.

Second you claiming that i am no better than these people, as if A) you knew any of them B) you could ever move up to your level to know anyone like me or C) it made any damn difference to the fact at hand?!
FAIL #2
doesnt matter if Prince Charles lives there or if i live in a cardboard box DUH!!!! i guess, since you have no mind of your own, you judge places by WHO lives there rather than using your damn brain to EVALUATE the damn ghetto.
your brain should have kicked in and make you understand what i was saying AKA even if you live in a cardboard box, a shiitty area will remain a SHIITTY are.

hopefully, whatever is troubling you, there is a cure for it.
Sure, you're entitled to your opinion but i'm also entitled to my opinion to tell you it's wrong to insult or mock the ghettos.
And whatever is troubling and causing you to make such insensitive comments about where other people live does'nt have a cure, SAD but it's the truth.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
^dont misunderstand everything AGAIN, the intensive comment is to[b] EDUCATE[/b] you. . . . . . . . . . the ghetto thingy was a one liner, till you busted a vein and decided to harrass me because of my opinion on the matter. lol!

btw if we are all entitled to our opinion then why dont you read my comment, accept it as "my" own opinion and move along, rather than getting all wet for me?!
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^dont misunderstand everything AGAIN, the intensive comment is to[b] EDUCATE[/b] you. . . . . . . . . . the ghetto thingy was a one liner, till you busted a vein and decided to harrass me because of my opinion on the matter. lol!

btw if we are all entitled to our opinion then why dont you read my comment, accept it as "my" own opinion and move along, rather than getting all wet for me?!
Now let me educate you, you could have also ignored my opinion as well,
And no one is harassing you, I'm just schooling you that the ghettos are not meant to be mocked or laughed at, And that's my own opinion.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
^my parents raised me better than that. if someone question you, you give them an answer.
if you dont like my answers then thats all on you but it wont change the damn facts.

i understand that you have a soft spot for ghettos all around the world (or people living in them), well I DONT!!! and i have all the rights to do so, whether it pains you to hear that or not. so keep busting a vein on the issue while i keep laughing when thinking of good old Blacktown.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by MariaP: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^my parents raised me better than that. if someone question you, you give them an answer.
if you dont like my answers then thats all on you but it wont change the damn facts.

i understand that you have a soft spot for ghettos all around the world (or people living in them), well I DONT!!! and i have all the rights to do so, whether it pains you to hear that or not. so keep busting a vein on the issue while i keep laughing when thinking of good old Blacktown.

No one is trying to change the fact that Blacktown is ghetto, I was also taught not to fold my hands, keep numb and watch people belittle others when i have the freedom of spech to voice out my opinion on the matter, So you can keep on mocking Blacktown if you want to, while i keep on voicing my opinion about your insensitivity.
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by anonymous6(f): 12:29am On Aug 18, 2011
lol cheesy
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2011
MariaP:

No one is trying to change the fact that Blacktown is ghetto, I was also taught not to fold my hands, keep numb and watch people belittle others when i have the freedom of spech to voice out my opinion on the matter, So you can keep on mocking Blacktown if you want to, while i keep on voicing my opinion about your insensitivity.

care to point out to us all who i "belittled"?! Blacktown is a shiit hole, just like many places around the world. you think we should be quiet about it (or pretend it isnt and smile like idiiiiiiots) simply to not offend the over sensitive people who live there?! bwaaaah!!! you are one funny person, i give you that, missy "i want to save the world from people calling a spade A SPADE".

let me give you something to think about this beautiful evening, a great part of Nigeria is no better than Blacktown, that should have you bust a few veins tonight, lol!
Re: Monolisa Chinda In First Big Budget Nollywood Movie To Be Shot In Australia by anonymous6(f): 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
back to topic please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actor Junior Pope Steps Out With Son In Matching Outfits / Photos: Fathia Balogun Williams Turns Warrior On Set Of A New Movie / Daughter Of A Billioniare DJ Cuppy Says She Has A Crush On Korede Bello(scrnshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.