Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? (24609 Views)

Unlimited Data Plans For Cell Phones / 10 Horrific Deaths Caused By Cell Phones / ''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2011
harpo:

@lexusgs430 why dont you make your own research before disputing

You have come out with a statistics, and all I have asked was your source. Do you mind divulging your source
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2011
fork adict:

So because 50% of your friends use iphones, that automatically translates to most nigerians actually use iphones? for starters, how much does an iphone sell for? And you think most nigerians can afford it You are ridiculous.

On the emboldened. I cant agree more with you. In my opinion, i thinks its a very close call between Chinko and Nokia and it all boils down to affordability. You will see a chinco phone with dual sim, mp4 player, internet browser and some other crazy effizy selling for say 12k. what then does anyone expect?

Nokia on the other hand has got affordable phones  with 4k you can actually own a nokia fone.

LMAO at the guy that said iphones are the most commonly used fones in naija? SMH at such an utterance

Read my post properly before you comment. I never said iphones are the most commonly used in Nigeria. Read the conversation leading to the postm then you will understand my point, I hope !!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by maclatunji: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2011
1. Nokia
2. Tecno
3. Blackberry
4. Samsung
5. LG

You might also want to differentiate Smart phones from ordinary phones. if we are talking about smart phones only we should have

1. Blackberry
2. Samsung
3. Nokia
4. LG
5. Apple
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by deekseen(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2011
Nokia
China phones
Samsung
Blackberry
Sony Ericsson/LG

It's really a very close call between Nokia and China phones. But i think Nokia phones are still a bit more patronized than China phones.
@ Lexus: Most call centre operators use ZTE phones and there are more call centres in Lagos than the number of friends you claim to have. I think ZTE phones are the most widely used.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2011
maclatunji:

1. Nokia
2. Tecno
3. Blackberry
4. Samsung
5. LG

You might also want to differentiate Smart phones from ordinary phones. if we are talking about smart phones only we should have

1. Blackberry
2. Samsung
3. Nokia
4. LG
5. Apple

Apple is a fruit !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2011
deekseen:

Nokia
China phones
Samsung
Blackberry
Sony Ericsson/LG

It's really a very close call between Nokia and China phones. But i think Nokia phones are still a bit more patronized than China phones.
@ Lexus: Most call centre operators use ZTE phones and there are more call centres in Lagos than the number of friends you claim to have. I think ZTE phones are the most widely used.

And why do you think call centres use ZTE phones ?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by khufu: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2011
This:

Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2011
[size=18pt]CHINA PHONES OR NOTHING! grin grin[/size]
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by rman: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
Lexusgs430:

And why do you think call centres use ZTE phones ?
Lexusgs430:

deekseen:

Nokia
China phones
Samsung
Blackberry
Sony Ericsson/LG

ZTE is still fall under the CHINA PHONE category. No one knows the number of China brands in the market. It is just safe to put them under the same umbrella(CHINA PHONES).
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by farolee(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2011
Pokia
Garri berry
Samson
or whatever ,do we produce the smallest component of any of these phones in our country, even chinko.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by eewule(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2011
U guys should be mentioning phone models not just Manufacturer name
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2011
eewule:

U guys should be mentioning phone models not just Manufacturer name

Models Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed ? Or have you misplaced your oyster card ?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by mummy3(f): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2011
Its:

Nokia
Samsung
BB
Chinko
&
Lg
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by duno: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2011
GMcompere:

1. Chinko Nokia
2. Chinko Berry
3. Chinko iphone
4. Chinko samsung
5. Chinko nameless grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ayoblessme: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2011
Islamrules- I agreed with Ur contribution but only disagree with Ipone being on the list. because the trend refers to NIGERIA as a whole not limited to Lagos/Abuja & PH only.

[quote]China/Fake Phones,
Nokia,
Blackberry,
Iphone,
Samsung/LG

Breaking it down,

Nokia is largely sold to common phone users. Due to its economy scope coverage (You can get it at any price, even with 3,000)

Blackberry is the largely sold expensive phones in Nigeria, seconded by Iphone, then Samsung.

Blackberry is still the common expensive phone in Nigeria
[/quote]
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2011
lol! I really don't know but it seems Blackberry is more popular in Nigeria but I-phones seems to have taken over internationally.who knows, I may be wrong.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by haliruali(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]1.Nokia
2. Tecno n co
3. Samsung
4. Sony ericsson
5. Blackberry
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by megawave(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2011
NOKIA
CHINA PHONE
BLACKBERRY
SAMSUNG
SONY ERICSSON.

I Flash and unlock these phones and i can say it anywhere NOKIA is commonly used than any other phone in 9ja as of today.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Gigastar(m): 10:35am On Aug 23, 2011
[center]1. Our Mouth 2. Nokia 3. €¥£¤¥€ phones 4. Samsung 5. Blackberry[/center]
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by linkin8k(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2011
I really don't see people using iPhone in Nigeria

1. Nokia
2. Chinko
3. Blackberry
4. Samsung
5. LG
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ksam(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2011
Nokia comes
First,then
Sony ericson
China phones(tecno)
Samsung and
Motorola.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nyntynplus: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2011
BIRD
SAGEM
ALCATEL
MOTOROLA
SIEMENS
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by goldng: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2011
It is Nokia, Connecting People,
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by allboyz(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2011
Blackberry

Nokia

BB - blackberry with BIS paid

Chinko - 2 sims / 4 sims

Sony Ericsson
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by zankey(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2011
1, China phones(techno n co)
2, NOKIA
3, Blackberry
4, Samsung
5, LG

But I think is better we put this in poll,
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by collins123(m): 11:46am On Aug 23, 2011
Techno 3-Sim [Chinese Product]
Nokia type Chinko
Blackberry type Chinko
Nokia 1100

The rest na chinkos wey no get brand.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by adezjamz(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2011
Nokia
China phones
Sony Ericson
BlackBerry &
Others.
No phone can beat Nokia in Nig even if BB is as cheap as Nokia, some Nigerians go prefer Nokia coz its easy 2 operate & average Nig can't operate BB. NOKIA NI JOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by omodapson(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
What is Iphone doing on this thread? How many people can even afford to buy one? And people keep categorizing it, Na wa o. I'm not even sure if it's going to make the top 20. But when we talk about smartphones, it may struggle to find a place.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Sike(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
zankey:

1, China phones(techno n co)
2, NOKIA
3, Blackberry
4, Samsung
5, LG

But I think is better we put this in poll,
SecondeD!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nyntynplus:

BIRD
SAGEM
ALCATEL
MOTOROLA
SIEMENS

^^^^Stale brands trying to stage a come-back!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nyntynplus:

BIRD
SAGEM
ALCATEL
MOTOROLA
SIEMENS

grin grin ;DMumu

Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by emmatok(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
Lexusgs430

Show me your friends, and I will tell you the kind of person you are !!!!!
What you should be saying is, most of your friends use chinko phones, 50 % of my friends use Iphones. (before you comment, I have so so many friends ) !!!!

HA HA, listen to your-self.

100% of I-Phones in the market are locked to one foreign Network(AT&T.e.t.c) or the other.

And until they are unlocked no can use them on Nigerian networks.

Which means less than 1% of Nigerian use I-Phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In November / Dear Tecno , Thanks But Your Phones Are Crap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.