Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 (15911 Views)

UNIBEN To Resume Academic Activities January 30th, 2021 / UNILORIN To Resume Academic Activities January 11 / LASU Senate Says Only Final Year Students Are To Resume Academic Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Sapa23: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2022

The University of Calabar is set to resume academic activities after the nine months strike following the court order by the Appeal Court of Nigeria, this is according to a reliable source at the University.

Last Friday, the court gave the order after dismissing the union’s application for a stay of execution of an earlier ruling of the National Industrial Court directing the university lecturers to resume work.

Read Also: UI, UNICAL Profs Narrowly Miss Nobel Prize

The University Management headed by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Florence Banku Obi is said to have plans to reopen the University on the week of the 17th of October, 2022.

Recall that the three-member panel of the Court of Appeal led by Hamma Barka granted the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) permission to appeal the ruling of the industrial court but ruled that it must first resume work to be allowed to file the appeal. It said should ASUU fail to re-open the universities, the permission it gave the union to appeal against the interlocutory injunction of the National Industrial Court “will be automatically vacated.” It gave the university lecturers’ union seven days within which to file its notice of appeal against the order of the National Industrial Court. “I am inclined to granting the application to appeal the decision of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria. But the order of the lower court shall be immediately obeyed,” the court held in its unanimous ruling. The National Industrial Court had on 21 September ordered ASUU to call off the strike.
https://www.opinionnigeria.com/ASUU-unical-set-to-resume-academic-activities/

6 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Sonoyom(m): 6:12am On Oct 11, 2022
Nice
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Pakute: 6:16am On Oct 11, 2022
Time is up for ASUU

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by babyfaceafrica: 6:39am On Oct 11, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Mrkrobz(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2022
Finally going back to school grin
At least have learnt new skills

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Naija4love(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2022
ASUU big loser, they’ll now shamelessly go back to the old offer giving them. Everything as being agreed, all asking as being agreed just no work no payment is the problem.
Why someone say student are the biggest losers of it. All our leaders are useless
Minister of education to FG be like

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by OgbeniOja1: 6:40am On Oct 11, 2022
Lols 2 weeks call off loading if govt no use their head
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by koolhayde(f): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2022
Is this not betrayal
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Oct 11, 2022
A BIG shame on ASUU.

muykem:
Shame on ASUU. Everybody is blaming federal government until ASUU displayed irresponsible. There's no sector in Nigeria treated better than ASUU.
Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all.

Afamed:

Any strike from ASUU now again, the little respect they still earn from the people would be taken away from them. Presently they are fast loosing the little respect parents have for them
That's the word on everyone's lips now.
ASUU don lule

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by mannasseh(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2022
ASUU loosing relevance

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by IamDietiesGod: 6:41am On Oct 11, 2022
ASUU ASUU my nigga.

Prof. Osodeke, what did you say you see again?.... Then I asked myself, where is the light, where is the tunnel.

Cruise

17 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:41am On Oct 11, 2022
Good. If not for the warning I gave them, they would have still be on strike

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by tunwumi: 6:42am On Oct 11, 2022
Checkmate for ASSU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Bigbishung(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
Hunger dey and profs dey die.so whatever goes

4 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Threesha(f): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
Job Brief

We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Responsibilities

Manage all accounting transactions
Prepare budget forecasts
Publish financial statements in time
Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
Ensure timely bank payments
Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
Audit financial transactions and documents
Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
Comply with financial policies and regulations.
Requirements

B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or any relevant Degree
2 - 6 years work experience.
Work experience as an Accountant
Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Hands-on experience with modern accounting software
Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
Experience with general ledger functions
Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: jobs@kreateng.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

A mini flat
Outright payment: 300k (total package)
Subsequent payment; 200k (yearly)

Ps: it’s a first come basis. Leasing out the last one ☝️ (en-suite)

A 3-bedroom apartment ensuite with library and 3 toilets in Ajuwon
Outright payment: =N=550k (total package)
Subsequent payment; =N=400k (yearly)

Call 08 one 5 one 34 six 5 seven 9

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Afamed: 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Lols 2 weeks call off loading if govt no use their head

Any strike from ASUU now again, the little respect they still earn from the people would be taken away from them. Presently they are fast loosing the little respect parents have for them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Jayson504(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
So this is how ASUU would eventually call of it's 8 months strike without the Federal government meeting their demands. It's sad because we do not value education in this country. That's what we get when we have clueless people in the corridors of power. Please vote Peter Obi for president 2023, and let's make Nigeria great again.

6 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by money121(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
Noted
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by JASONjnr(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2022
post=117457234:
A BIG shame on ASUU.

Look who's bringing shame to the table.....

Your darling daddy had to put on his deafening suits to the plea and cry of the varsity body and all you can say is this?

All Buhari kids graduated outside the country. And have their medical treatments outside the country and you talk about shame?

8 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Doyou2019: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2022
Naija4love:
ASUU big loser

Students, the biggest losers.

Na so Computer graduates go continue to dey finish school without ever having seen a computer for class. grin

Na so dem go continue to dey pack dem up like sardine for Dia dirty hostels grin

Na so old torn books for dem dilapidated libraries go remain. grin

Na so una go continue with your archaic curriculum wey no dey help anybody life for the 21st century grin

Una dead research life and labs nko

Body go tell una.

Sorry, my great Nigerian students, but yall are the biggest losers here.

grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by MrHighSea: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2022
How will the Lecturer deliver his best?

Private Universities on people's mind.

No more faith in government things.

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Faber(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2022
My two kid sisters will finally leave house back to school...ThankGod

These girls don drain me finish. I just dey wonder men with two wives how they do manage them and their kids... ordinary 8 months strike...my account have been dilapidated by taking care of them, their data, calls etc...I no want any yeye youth to come destroy their future for me, in the name of boyfriend and helping them pay their bills..

Once they are back now, I will begin rehabilitate my account grin grin

22 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by muykem: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2022
Shame on ASUU. Everybody is blaming federal government until ASUU displayed irresponsible. There's no sector in Nigeria treated better than ASUU.

13 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by tuoyoojo(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2022
The strike that that was called off sounds temporary

Students are in for a long thing

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Afamed: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2022
HMMM
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by crossfm: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Ngige is working.

The APC government is about to kill ASUU pkata pkata. They kill everything they come in contact with.

APC should be apologising to Nigerians not campaigning.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Mobaddy: 6:47am On Oct 11, 2022
Wow
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by DevilSignature: 6:47am On Oct 11, 2022
Hallelujah
Re: UNICAL Set To Resume Academic Activities On October 17 by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slyvester Oromoniyi: Delta Autopsy Botched, No Evidence Of Poison - Pathologist / Kwara Polytechnic's Screening Exercise Result Is Out / 5 Materials Jamb Ban For 2018 Utme Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.