Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard (33824 Views)

MATMUSIC: Ishola Salami, University Of Ibadan Lecturer Invents Hip-Hop Song / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / University Of Ibadan Lecturer Protests ‘illegal’ Deductions From Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Jman06(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Beating a lecturer is equally wrong.
But the too much power those men enjoy over students is becoming too much.

SOME of them really need to start having it hot hot from students on code

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by SeriouslySense(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2022
I guess that is a natural way of bringing balance. I wish the system were reliable enough to hold them accountable.

Jman06:
But the too much power those men enjoy over students is becoming too much.

SOME of them really need to start having it hot hot from students on code

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by seunlayi(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2022
Richy4:
Ok the idea of holding that student's cloth is overboard.. What is he trying to prove?...
The question is... Is there a sign somewhere on that university campus prohibiting students from using skateboard in certain area?
If there are the lady broke the rules but that does not warrant the man holding her like that...

What he should have done was to call security and explain what he saw and the security will take it up from there... Na this kind thing dey make people kill one another for doing what was not in their job description

You are right. I have never seen for once or heard about any law against skating in that campus and besides, that place is very close to the security office and the main gate. That prof has another motive, he knows the right thing to do in that situation rather than the display of shame he did. I wonder if it was a strong guy he challenged, blows would have be exchanged

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Jman06(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I guess that is a natural way of bringing balance. I wish the system were reliable enough to hold them accountable.

The system would rather victimize the students if they complain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by 9tailskid: 11:17am On Oct 12, 2022
RepoMan007:
Please take her matric. number and discipline her the Nigerian way.
One a second thought, may be she was reckless in her skating.

I hope you're not serious with this...if you are you're as daft as they make em.
Sorry but yeah

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Richy4(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2022
seunlayi:

You are right. I have never seen for once or heard about any law against skating in that campus and besides, that place is very close to the security office and the main gate. That prof has another motive, he knows the right thing to do in that situation rather than the display of shame he did. I wonder if it was a strong guy he challenged, blows would have be exchanged

My dear even if there are laws prohibiting skating, that was not his responsibility to harass a student , Holding that student (female for that matter) is just a no no.... He is really lucky he met a docile student... if it was some hot headed students, they will start pulling down their cloth to claim rape.. adding some twist to it...claiming that she was running away from him...he will be the one to run..

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by xeju: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2022
Maynmann:
Skating on a busy road is foolish.
There are many foolish things in the world and not all are against the law. Like your comment is foolish now because you're talking out of context, that road isn't a busy road and there's no law or sign against skating on that road

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by tojahh(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Shey Ogun wan Kee the Prof of nonsense ni?

He get luck no be person like me. I for change am for him Papa. Prof wood ni Prof charcoal ko.

During my days in the university. I walked a lecturer out of the class because he claimed I can't enter the class for coming late.

I told him it can't happen,. As far as I paid tuition and other fees complete. I reserve the right to learn because I paid for it! He said then he will leave the class for me. I said... Be my guest!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by xeju: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2022
ednut1:
We copied skating from abroad. But do they do it on roads or attach themselves to cars
Just shut up, don't show the world your ignorance

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by BigSam13: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2022
Is it a crime for skaters in 9ja
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Elolam87(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2022
Exactly,age is catching up on him so far,I met and greeted him few weeks ago at agodi secretariat,he looks frail,baba don old.
Hopez456:
Professor wood! Baba don old o. The Don of UI's chemistry Dept.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Bobbynobobby: 11:43am On Oct 12, 2022
IamDietiesGod:
("The hate you give,
Can you have just it's half?)"
Justimi

Most of these Universities lecturers especially those in public ones are power intoxicated, narcissistic , egoistic and sadistic. They feel the world will always revolve around them.

Just imagine as the lecturers have been on strike for more than seven months, sabotage the academic and some minor economic activities. Students should then also try to express that right in school by staging just a protest against school management because of one thing or the other like poor warfare in school hostels. We all know what will eventually ends that.

I lost count of the number of times I had to redo the chapter 2 of my final year essay. I also lost count of the number of times I was called a fool by my supervisor. Little did I know it was a precursor to similar scenarios playing out in later years. Naturally you'll develop a tough skin and hope to be a better person not another bitter person because of such unpleasant experiences.

The dynamics of the management/workforce, government/citizen, student/teacher relationships in Nigeria leaves much to be desired. And that is putting it very mildly.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by MuslimIgbo: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

Wetin dis one dey talk? Who commit crime lost respect for himself already.

I wonder how you guys think
I wonder how you guy reason. Many of you can't just apply simple wisdom to simple issues.
What do you call crime?
Do you know that you could be committing crime ignorantly too?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2022
frankmoney:
he can't Na . They will sue him and he might even lose his job , he won't even dare to do what he just did

And that is the problem- the fact that Nigeria is so lawless that an ostensibly highly respected man can do this without any consequences.
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Lordbinsmar: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Shut up!
Where are your parents and colleagues?

You are mad and crazy at the same time. My parents won't go around harassing and molesting a female student. They mind their business and don't intimidate people of lower status than them.

I am currently studying a master degree program with 21 students from 17 countries. we have Professors from Germany, Italy, UK, Switzerland and other part of the developed world teaching in our program. You will never find any one of them behaving like a typical Nigerian Professor. There are few exceptions among Nigerian Professors, but most of them are just power drunk saddist with little or no knowledge to impact.
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by MuslimIgbo: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

You are mad and crazy at the same time. My parents won't go around harassing and molesting a female student. They mind their business and don't intimidate people of lower status than them.

I am currently studying a master degree program with 21 students from 17 countries. we have Professors from Germany, Italy, UK, Switzerland and other part of the developed world teaching in our program. You will never find any one of them behaving like a typical Nigerian Professor. There are few exceptions among Nigerian Professors, but most of them are just power drunk saddist with little or no knowledge to impact.

You first sentence, I guess you must be addressing your parents.
Or deh
Keep FOOLING YOURSELF
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Andrix: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2022
Something wey she for plank am with the skateboard.
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Elzak(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2022
Is the school not on strike?
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by chingle5(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
Owaincouncil:

I don't blame the man. He has not been paid salary since February and someone was ridding skateboard in his compound. Don't you know the man is frustrated
Maybe he has gone to do Uber since and no one call him and the student that ought to ride his Uber are ridding skateboard.

LoL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by chingle5(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Or deh
You for go help am na
Ho poe nu

You are a very stupid human being, it is people like you that can't speak for yourself... Ewu
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Cajal(m): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hopez456:
Professor wood! Baba don old o. The Don of UI's chemistry Dept.
Na wood
He thought me organic chemistry
Na vvv correct man n be

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
Sulele04:
Prof Woods cheesy cheesy.
The legendary Che 157 teacher cheesy cheesy.

Anyways I am currently a Ui student so therefore I have no comment. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Yorubas nd Fear fear sad
IBB said if am sleeping nd hear Yorubas drumming 4 War I go back 2 my sleep,,
u de fear ur fellow human being
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
Honey356:

Exactly, I should just look and pass.
Yorubas nd Fear fear sad
IBB said if am sleeping nd hear Yorubas drumming 4 War I go back 2 my sleep,,
u de fear ur fellow human being
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by chingle5(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
DEHVEHLOP:

Your upbringing though

Well your upbringing is kind of similar to the depressed and enslaved African forefathers that worked on the plantation farm ... I am just saying though
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by frankmoney(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

And that is the problem- the fact that Nigeria is so lawless that an ostensibly highly respected man can do this without any consequences.
exactly that's why I ignored that guy defending the man earlier .

The fact is that if there is no existing law or signage prohibiting her from being there , she can literally tell the man to get lost , as she hasn't broken any law . That's public property funded by tax payers , she's in a public space where the public is allowed to be

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by INDOMIE9090(f): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
Femolacaster:
The great Prof Woods of inorganic chemistry!
Femi Lala
How your side now
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by Jalaw: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
How is it funny that you know him?
Explain.
Chaos14:
The funny thing about this is that i know that man
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by HardMirror(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2022
LikeAking:
I blame Nigerian parents for bringing up weak kidss.

This is wia all the floging and religious brain washing have landed Nigerians.

Did u know our parents are mentally and physically stronger than us? Keep age aside.

We need to train our kids to resist every form of bully.

Na wetin too much of respect dey cos.

exactly. i dey drill my younger ones like soldiers. dont take rubbish from any bagga

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by IPDGP: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2022
What rubbish , skating is practised on all university road, if she is reckless caution her simple
Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by FLYFIRE(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
That's what you get when you spend your whole life locked up in places like Ibadan. Why harass the innocent girl. VERY BACKWARD MAN grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Lecturer Calls Security On A Student For Using A Skateboard by TUANKU(m): 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
MMempire:
The stupid man get luck say person like me no waka pass then. Him for know how aluta dey start.
Liar Mohammed...you for do nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed / LAUTECH 5 Months Strike Anniversary Cake By A Student (Photos) / 2018/2019 Uniabuja Postgraduate Admission Discussions Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.