Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,485 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? (3593 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Mercedez Benz GLK 350 Abandoned By In Sapele By Unknown People (Photos) / Mercedes-benz Reveals The New 2019 CLA 250 Coupe-like Sedan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by stanleyLTC(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
Which of this two , got rep in the road ,
the cars guru , tell what you know about the two ,compare and rate the both cars

And which do you prefer

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by judatech: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
I love CLA!
From 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by brain54(m): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
I love the cla…

Looks classy. Like a fine sexy chick.
Never been a fan of the GLK. Too bulky for me.
But that cla…am gonna wife her!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Onyeka90210(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2022
The GLK is the better ride
The CLA just looks good but,
It doesn't feel like a benz when you drive it(engine*)
The interior feels.very cheap, when compared to other benz.
It's not as rugged as other benz and it can't take a beating(can't take abuse)
The car just looks good on the outside, but some compromises had to made internally, to give it such a cheap price tag.
German outside
Japanese inside

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by OfficialDJ: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Glk.

The cla looks good on the outside, but nobody wants to drive that front wheel drive shit
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by OfficialDJ: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
brain54:
I love the cla…

Looks classy. Like a fine sexy chick.
Never been a fan of the GLK. Too bulky for me.
But that cla…am gonna wife her!
you know nothing about cars then

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by brain54(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
OfficialDJ:
you know nothing about cars then
Everybody has their preferences…

State yours!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by stanleyLTC(m): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Alvin007: 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2022
Glk is better. It’s rugged and quite pocket friendly…the Cla isn’t pocket friendly, and it’s not a rugged ride.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by brightest5050: 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
Onyeka90210:
The GLK is the better ride
The CLA just looks good but,
It doesn't feel like a benz when you drive it(engine*)
The interior feels.very cheap, when compared to other benz.
It's not as rugged as other benz and it can't take a beating(can't take abuse)
The car just looks good on the outside, but some compromises had to made internally, to give it such a cheap price tag.
German outside
Japanese inside

You have said it all. Op CLA is a low standard benz with cheap interior that is not associated with benz. It is in Nigeria that people overhype CLA because it has a benz badge.

Comparing CLA with GLK is like comparing night with day, I believe you already know which is night and which is day

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Samad805(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2022
stanleyLTC:
Which of this two , got rep in the road ,
the cars guru , tell what you know about the two ,compare and rate the both cars

And which do you prefer

DONT BUY CLA i repeat DONT BUY CLA
The car Is not worth it at all
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by doggedfighter(f): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2022
Samad805:

The car Is worth it at all
*Not

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by changedinchrist: 6:41am On Nov 14, 2023
Samad805:

The car Is worth it at all
Why please? Already paid half price to a dealer. Supposed to complete it today. Advise me please. Can compensate you for your expertise. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by OfficialDJ: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
changedinchrist:

Why please? Already paid half price to a dealer. Supposed to complete it today. Advise me please. Can compensate you for your expertise. Thanks
it's beautiful from the outside but a really stupid entry level car with its FRONT WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM.

Long story short, it doesn't drive like a real mercedes, and you wouldn't experience the thrills of a mercedes driving it.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Jibwillz: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2023
Imagine driving a car bought with millions of naira only to be getting a corolla vibe in a fancy body.
Cla is all shade of wrong and the engine is crap

But if you insist, don't ever go beyond 100km

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
changedinchrist:

buy anoda benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by KillahPriest: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
I know nothing about the CKA but the GLK will pleasantly surprise you with it's driving and handling. This particular small yansh has every right to shake cool
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Samad805(m): 11:36am On Dec 02, 2023
changedinchrist:

That car is not worth the hype and not rugged as it looks….I will prefer u buy glk to CLA
Cos CLA is more like an experiment car….it doesn’t feel like a benz at all
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by lagusboyyy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2023
Jibwillz:

But if you insist, don't ever go beyond 100km
The AMG version disagrees with you.
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by ariesbull: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
Go for GLK
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Ivan18888888888: 11:59am On Apr 23
changedinchrist:

I hope you didn't let the negative comments on here hold you back from purchasing the car. Most of the people commenting haven't even owned one themselves!

I can speak from experience, as I own a 2016 CLA 250 4Matic, and I can tell you it's one of the most reliable and enjoyable rides I've ever had so far.

In the two years I've owned it, I've never had to take it to the mechanic for any issues.

If you're still unsure, just look at the JD Power ratings - i posted a picture below . it has a 4 out of 5 rating, which speaks for itself. I've also owned a 2013 E350, 2015 C300, and 2020 A Series, so I am not entirely sure why ignoramus people on here say it doesn't drive like a true Mercedes, but I'm very sure they can't explain why.

So pls Don't let ignorance and nairaland dullards hold you back - this car is a truly great choice!

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by TheBTCinvestor: 12:41pm On Apr 23
Ivan18888888888:

I hope you didn't let the negative comments on here hold you back from purchasing the car. Most of the people commenting haven't even owned one themselves!

I can speak from experience, as I own a 2016 CLA 250 4Matic, and I can tell you it's one of the most reliable and enjoyable rides I've ever had so far.

In the two years I've owned it, I've never had to take it to the mechanic for any issues.

If you're still unsure, just look at the JD Power ratings - i posted a picture below . it has a 4 out of 5 rating, which speaks for itself. I've also owned a 2013 E350, 2015 C300, and 2020 A Series, so I am not entirely sure why ignoramus people on here say it doesn't drive like a true Mercedes, but I'm very sure they can't explain why.

So pls Don't let ignorance and nairaland dullards hold you back - this car is a truly great choice!

The newer mercs are snails especially that ur CLA250 bro....I drove my cousins own for 2days in Abuja and I wasn't impressed......i have 3 cars...I own a C350 2013, A C300 2016 and an GLE 350 2016....I can tell u for sure they are reliable cars but my older C350 2013 drive and handles better than the C300 2016...maybe cos it's an I4 turbo charged and not a real aspirated V6 engine..Well...its a cool car but dem no dey match am down full throttle o or else u get ready to change engine tongue
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by ariesbull: 1:57pm On Apr 23
I prefer CLA ..I have driven a Benz SUV for years now and I think I will love the handling of CLA ..I drove a friend's C Klasse it was wow
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Ivan18888888888: 2:41pm On Apr 23
TheBTCinvestor:

The newer mercs are snails especially that ur CLA250 bro....I drove my cousins own for 2days in Abuja and I wasn't impressed......i have 3 cars...I own a C350 2013, A C300 2016 and an GLE 350 2016....I can tell u for sure they are reliable cars but my older C350 2013 drive and handles better than the C300 2016...maybe cos it's an I4 turbo charged and not a real aspirated V6 engine..Well...its a cool car but dem no dey match am down full throttle o or else u get ready to change engine tongue

Why compare a 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder? It's not a fair comparison, especially when it comes to speed. We both know that.

And as for handling, come on bro ! Don’t even go there
( The steering is soft and responsive, making maneuvering and overtaking a breeze).
That car has one of the best handling systems out there. Sure, there are some higher-end Mercedes that might give you even better handling, but those will cost you an arm and a leg!
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Ivan18888888888: 3:40pm On Apr 23
Ivan18888888888:

Why compare a 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder? It's not a fair comparison, especially when it comes to speed. We both know that.

( The steering is soft and responsive, making maneuvering and overtaking a breeze).
That car has one of the best handling systems out there. Sure, there are some higher-end Mercedes that might give you even better handling, but those will cost you an arm and a leg!
———-
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by TheBTCinvestor: 4:28pm On Apr 23
Ivan18888888888:

I'm saying my older C350 2013 handles better than my C300 2016 and the cousins CLA250. 2010-2014 was the peak of mercedes engineering....Do u hear how awful the C63 AmG 2024 sounds?? Like a corolla grin
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Ivan18888888888: 7:22pm On Apr 23
TheBTCinvestor:

I'm saying my older C350 2013 handles better than my C300 2016 and the cousins CLA250. 2010-2014 was the peak of mercedes engineering....Do u hear how awful the C63 AmG 2024 sounds?? Like a corolla grin

I get this strange feeling like we’ve had a conversation in the past.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure you’ve never actually driven those cars you mentioned over there .

Also I'm sharing my personal experience with the 2016 Mercedes CLA 4Matic model. No be hearsay or something I read from blog or my cousin give me car to drive first grin . I've owned this car for over two years, and I am in the best position to tell you, it handles exceptionally well. Having driven various Mercedes models, I can confidently say that there's no significant difference in handling between them.

Yes, higher-end Mercedes models may offer better handling, but they come with a hefty price tag - a significant payout !

Who even get 120miilion for s class or 60-80million for the E-class , because I heard the latest e class drive like an S-class . Same car literally just different badge.

One more thing ,

I don’t why Most of us Nigerians, we go buy a car for 15 million naira and then expect it to be like a 60 million naira car ! Same thing with a V4 engine, we expect it to perform like a V8! Like that guy on Top of me .grin

overall I think The Mercedes engineers did an excellent job with the Cla, tuning the suspension, steering, and chassis for a responsive and composed driving experience. Which makes them a joy to drive on twisty roads , curves & cornering.
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by TheBTCinvestor: 8:20pm On Apr 23
Ivan18888888888:

I get this strange feeling like we’ve had a conversation in the past.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure you’ve never actually driven those cars you mentioned over there .

Also I'm sharing my personal experience with the 2016 Mercedes CLA 4Matic model. No be hearsay or something I read from blog or my cousin give me car to drive first grin . I've owned this car for over two years, and I am in the best position to tell you, it handles exceptionally well. Having driven various Mercedes models, I can confidently say that there's no significant difference in handling between them.

Yes, higher-end Mercedes models may offer better handling, but they come with a hefty price tag - a significant payout !

Who even get 120miilion for s class or 60-80million for the E-class , because I heard the latest e class drive like an S-class . Same car literally just different badge.

One more thing ,

I don’t why Most of us Nigerians, we go buy a car for 15 million naira and then expect it to be like a 60 million naira car ! Same thing with a V4 engine, we expect it to perform like a V8! Like that guy on Top of me .grin

overall I think The Mercedes engineers did an excellent job with the Cla, tuning the suspension, steering, and chassis for a responsive and composed driving experience. Which makes them a joy to drive on twisty roads , curves & cornering.

Oga don't say what u don't knw....u think am all these nairalanders that are broke and rely on wat dey Google on car mags to give a review..I can post my cars here if u want....

Find below my garage..not everyone is a pauper here mate angry

I wanted to buy CLA250 2016 for my wife but after driving it...I was not impressed and then went for the C300 2016 i4 turbo charged...its better!!! My next car hopefully next year will be a GLE 63 AMG 2018.
..after I'm done with my building project!...so bro..get ur facts right!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by iichidodo: 10:26pm On Apr 23
I prefer AMG...
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by TheBTCinvestor: 10:27pm On Apr 23
Ivan18888888888:

So finally...with these few points of mine...The GLK is a far better, stronger and faster and more balanced car than the CLA250......OP shud pick it without even batting an eyelid! That GLK has the M276 engine which is super fast and strong! Selah cool
Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by Ivan18888888888: 9:08am On Apr 24
TheBTCinvestor:

So finally...with these few points of mine...The GLK is a far better, stronger and faster and more balanced car than the CLA250......OP shud pick it without even batting an eyelid! That GLK has the M276 engine which is super fast and strong! Selah cool

What few points ? What is wrong with this dude sef ?! You can’t just claim something is better without explaining why! Your opinion is useless if you can’t back it up!

You listed four points, but that’s not an explanation! You need to actually make a case for why a Glk is better. And to say an SUV is more balanced than a sedan?! Is extremely Laughable 😂

Last chance: I willingly to give you another chance to back up your claims or get the hell out! If you can’t explain your four points, your opinion means nothing. And if you can’t contribute to the conversation, I hope you get kicked out of this thread for being such a nuisance !”

And another thing, did you seriously just claim that an SUV is more stable than a sedan?
I feel sorry for anyone that would takes you seriously or follows your advice on this thread.

Re: Mercedes Benz GLK Or CLA : Which Is Better ? by TheBTCinvestor: 9:37am On Apr 24
Ivan18888888888:

What is wrong with this dude ?! You can’t just claim something is better without explaining why! Your opinion is useless if you can’t back it up!

You listed four points, but that’s not an explanation! You need to actually make a case for why a Glk is better. And to say an SUV is more balanced than a sedan?! Is extremely Laughable 😂

Last chance: I willingly to give you another chance to back up your claims or get the hell out! If you can’t explain your four points, your opinion means nothing. And if you can’t contribute to the conversation, I hope you get kicked out of this thread for being such a nuisance !”

Dude u no just get sense I swear...shebi u talk say I never own or drive benz before....I don show u my three benz na....lmao..abeg go find work do pls...I will say this again and again....U can't compare the build, speed and stability of a GLK to that of a CLA250....a CLA250 moves like a corolla Promax in my own definition..Mugu. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Camry For Personal Use And Bolt / BMW X6 Vs Acura ZDX [IMAGE] / How Much Does A Complete Toyota Corolla 2009 1NR-FE Engine With 6-speed Tranny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.