Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! (61562 Views)

The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it. / The Catfish I Bought ₦2,800 And How I Prepared It / What I got for #1800 versus how I prepared it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2022
The customer I normally eat this fish at his place told me he could no longer buy cos it's now very expensive and I've been craving it. so I decided to get it today and make pepper soup with it.

Pics one

Pics two
Pepper soup spice, fresh pepper and efirin leaves.

Pics 3
Added the little water, pepper soup spice, fresh pepper and seasoning. I then added the fish to simmer for some mins before adding enough water to finally cook it.

Added efirin last.

Fresh fish pepper soup is ready.

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Lalasticlala Join me.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by silvoclaira: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
Wawuu

Name of the fish please

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by mariahAngel(f): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2022
Channah, minister of enjoyment. cheesy

Are those fishes the Yorubas often use for their parties the same as croaker?
I love them fried.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2022
silvoclaira:
Wawuu

Name of the fish please

Croacker.

mariahAngel:
Channah, minister of enjoyment. cheesy

Are those fishes the Yorubas often use for their parties the same as croaker?
I love them fried.

No. The one they use is tilapia. It's scally but darker than this one. cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by muyico(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Enjoy ur meal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by pocohantas(f): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
You got the three for N1800?
Where? That is very cheap. I think you have a different market you buy meat and fish from. Or you are dating a butcher/fisherman.

I love croaker. I can’t stand catfish.

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Zonefree(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:
Where? That is very cheap. I think you have a different market you buy meat and fish from. Or you are dating a butcher/fisherman.

Fishermen get taste na undecided

39 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by izuch(m): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2022
Fp
Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by garriAndsugar: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
Nice one.

Thank God you made peppersoup today cos your soup always look like palm oil peppersoup

2 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:

I love croaker. I can’t stand catfish.

I bought it from Bariga market. I go to where they sell cheap to get my stuff not minding the distance. Yes the three was for 1800. Though she called it 3500 initially. Then I bargained.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Mrkrobz(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mehn!
E cheap o shocked
@Channah u dey price market o,from 3500 to 1800

Meanwhile,don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2022
Channah1:

I bought it from Bariga market. I go to where they sell cheap to get my stuff not minding the distance. Yes the three was for 1800. Though she xaltit 3500 initially. Then I bargained.

Does it worth it when you factor in transportation? I heard there is a seafood market at Jakande Lekki. I hope to visit it someday. Even crocodile is sold there.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mrkrobz:
Mehn!
E cheap o shocked

I dey even say e cost. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Does it worth it when you factor in transportation? I heard there is a seafood market at Jakande Lekki. I hope to visit it someday. Even crocodile is sold there.

It's worth it cos I'll buy a couple other things plus it's either when I go there to make my hair or I'm just passing.

Yes, at those waterside aja, you'll get all sorts. Eve red snapper.
Sha bargain well.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Mrkrobz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
Channah1:

I dey even say e cost. undecided

Ahh shocked
Aunty u dey para o grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by pocohantas(f): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
Channah1:

It's worth it cos I'll buy a couple other things plus it's either when I go there to make my hair or I'm just passing.

Yes, at those waterside aja, you'll get all sorts. Eve red snapper.
Sha bargain well.

Makes sense!!! Big markets are the best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mrkrobz:

Ahh shocked
Aunty u dey para o grin

Hahahahaha.. e plenty Sha. I no even fit finish am at a goal like I planned. I Don tire.

5 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Makes sense!!! Big markets are the best

Sure they are. If it were to be obalende that is close to me here, hm.. e no go gree person near. Ikoyi is too expensive. I hardly buy things here.

1 Like

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2022
This your pepper soup ehn... he dey send chills down my spine. grin grin

Good job on your bargaining prowess, unlike me that will be pitying the sellers like they send me lipsrsealed

I love fish smiley smiley a lot! More than meat self cheesy

12 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Ihavethingstodo: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2022
Channah1:

Sure they are. If it were to be obalende that is close to me here, hm.. e no go gree person near. Ikoyi is too expensive. I hardly buy things here.

You see obalende/ikoyi market, it's a no go area, I agree with you, things are expensive, since I discover oyingbo, waterside they sell crayfish and seafoods, mile12 na there I dey go buy things that will last me for months!
That's is if you are doing bulk buying, it help and save money too.

The things I buy in obalende market are just fruits! Sometimes I go to this Mami market too but they are all the same!

P$: you sabi price market o grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
Persephone1:
This your pepper soup ehn... he dey send chills down my spine. grin grin

Good job on your bargaining prowess, unlike me that will be pitying the sellers like they send me lipsrsealed

I love fish smiley smiley a lot! More than meat self cheesy

Lol... Thanks.

Pity? I don't pity when bargaining o. I learnt it from my dad.
Ihavethingstodo:

You see obalende/ikoyi market, it's a no go area, I agree with you, things are expensive, since I discover oyingbo, waterside they sell crayfish and seafoods, mile12 na there I dey go buy things that will last me for months!
That's is if you are doing bulk buying, it help and save money too.

The things I buy in obalende market are just fruits! Sometimes I go to this Mami market too but they are all the same!

P$: you sabi price market o grin

I'm telling you. Their things are so expensive for no reason. I also go to oyingbo when I have the strength. grin.

1 Like

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Brownshoe: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
Garri wey go soak ,go soak

3 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Okoyeebo: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
No comments. Make I no make am feel bad.

3 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by gaby(m): 1:24am On Oct 13, 2022
Channah1:

I bought it from Bariga market. I go to where they sell cheap to get my stuff not minding the distance. Yes the three was for 1800. Though she called it 3500 initially. Then I bargained.

Buhari suppose employ you to help am dey negotiate all those him loan deals...Kawaii

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by etrange: 4:20am On Oct 13, 2022
Channah1:

Croacker.

Croaker*

6 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Mercury12(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2022
Yumilicious.
I like this on my white groundnut-oil cooked rice grin
Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by KanielOutis92: 9:05am On Oct 13, 2022
Channah1:

Croacker.

You sure about that? I think it's Meluzza though

2 Likes

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Aguiyimba(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2022
Channah1:
The customer I normally eat this fish at his place told me he could no longer buy cos it's now very expensive and I've been craving it. so I decided to get it today and make pepper soup with it.

Pics one

Pics two
Pepper soup spice, fresh pepper and efirin leaves.

Pics 3
Added the little water, pepper soup spice, fresh pepper and seasoning. I then added the fish to simmer for some mins before adding enough water to finally cook it.

Added efirin last.

Fresh fish pepper soup is ready.

Wey dem heads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! by Channah1(f): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2022
Aguiyimba:

Wey dem heads.

I told the woman to cut it out. I hate the head of fish unless I'm frying it.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Eat This Cockroach-Like Cake That Has Got The Internet Buzzing? / I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / See The ₦450 Food I Bought In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.