Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Mikel John Obi's Family Make First Contact With Father's Kidnappers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mikel John Obi's Family Make First Contact With Father's Kidnappers (1977 Views)

Temi Otedola Takes Selfie With Father / Celebrity Of The Month: Emma Forrest - Love At First Contact / Tiwa Savage And Hubby Make First Public Appearance Since 'pregnanc Announcement' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel John Obi's Family Make First Contact With Father's Kidnappers by ZiggyHimself(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2011
The kidnappers of Micheal Obi, father of Chelsea Midfielder John Mikel Obi, have made contact with the family. The abductors made this contact through a phone call telling the family that Mikel's father had been taking out of Jos. They told Mikel's mother not to bother looking for the man in Jos because he had been taken to Lagos.

Just a few hours later, a second call came in, telling the family the location of the car which Mr. Obi was driving when he was kidnapped.

"Some people called my mum informing her that they have her husband in custody," Ebele Obi, Mikel's elder brother, said. "My mum, while crying, pleaded with the abductors to release her husband. They asked her to go and look for money but declined to state how much. But we have heard our father's voice. At least we now know that he is alive. The family is happy, relieved but still we plead with the abductors to release our father."

Tony Obi, Mr. Obi's eldest son, said: "We got two calls from the abductors who confirmed that our father is in their custody. They told me where to locate my dad's car, which has been found, but I do not want to disclose the location for now."

Mikel Obi had this to say: “All I can say is the country I’m from, Nigeria, I’ve always tried to help the country in every way that I can, playing for the country, serving the country,” Mikel told Britain’s Sky Sports News television.

“I think this is time for the country as well to help me in this situation, "

Click below to read full story

http://www.amebortalk.com/exclusive-gist/naija-gist/777-mikel-obis-family-has-been-contacted-by-the-kidnappers

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Issues Apology To Linda Ikeji / Kate Middleton Goes Shopping, Flaunts Post- Baby Body (photos) / Nigeria’s Most Glamourous Pastors’ Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.