Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures (38005 Views)

Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria / Slay Queens Swim In Flood In Imo State (Photos) / Flood In Polobubou Tsekelewu, Delta State As Children Swim In Their Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Badonasty(m): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2022
Up Lagos state
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by CaveAdullam: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2022
The cluelessness of Nigerian leaders and politicians always causes her citizens to suffer disastrous setbacks. Constructing a dam has been difficult for the Nigerian government since 1977, an agreement they entered with Cameroun to hold the water when Cameroun opens their dam and channel the water as irrigation in Adamawa and other states in Nigeria.

Several governments have come and gone and none has been able to construct a dam, yet these useless governments have embezzled massive funds that would have been used to construct the dam over and over again.

Cameroun government is not at fault, they kept their side of the bargain, and you don't expect them to hold on and get destroyed by the flood which will also affect the current localities suffering overflooding in Nigeria right now.

The onus is on the Nigerian government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by 2elliot: 11:15am On Oct 14, 2022
Parachoko:
It seems this just happen because I have not heard Diri saying anything about this.

The FG needs to find a way to put an end to this

If not for the OP, I won't know such a thing is happening in Bayelsa State.

The Governor have not said anything about it, it seems the Governor is more concern about the 2023 election
You see your life? Tomorrow, you will be masquerading yourself as an ijaw person.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by 2elliot: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2022
In my clan which is made up of eleven communities, only my community Obunagha is a little bit safe. My house has already been surrounding, and there is heavy down pour right now. Which means that we still have a long way to go.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by wman(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2022
LadyExcellency:
Imagine some mentally deficient patients, who opened a series of threads on Nairaland blaming Peter Obii for flooding in Anambra State.

ASUU should just suspend the strike and let Schools resume. The class of people in Nairaland is mixed up in such a way that intellectual debates become impossible.

The problem is any small flooding in Lagos, people start shouting Tinubu up and down. That was why others were responding with Peter Obi shouts.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by kingslj: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2022
Gentino:
Nigeria in collaboration with AU and UN should seriously sanction cameroun for opening their dams without prior notice to Nigeria. This flooding that Nigeria has been subjected to has caused untold hardship, destruction, displacement and loss of livelihood to many Nigerians.

who told you that nigerian govt wasnt notified ?
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by NotoriousBiggyS: 11:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Flood in my village in isoko North local government

Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by JOemmy(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Gentino:
Nigeria in collaboration with AU and UN should seriously sanction cameroun for opening their dams without prior notice to Nigeria. This flooding that Nigeria has been subjected to has caused untold hardship, destruction, displacement and loss of livelihood to many Nigerians.

The whole blame should go to the nigerian govt for refusing to dredge the river niger and also complete the hausa dam that was supposed to absolve all the waters from the cameroun dam that was the initial agreement with the nigerian govt in the 80s when the camerounians started the construction of the lagdo dam.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Ondo state go worse
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by mayorofyentown(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2022
Like this the flood don pursue me reach 3 diff. Places and e still day inceease more
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by nedekid: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Gentino:
There is no way Nigerian authorities wount have been informed. I remember earlier in the year there was warning of flooding.
The issue is what could have been done? You tell thousands of people to evacuate their houses, flood is comming, will Nigerians actually respond? Do you forcefully take them out?
On the part of Cameroon, if the dam is full, what option do they have than to do a controlled release of water to ease pressure in the dam walls. I assure you a collapsed dam and sudden release of water would have caused 100 times more damage in naija.
I think a solution might involve dredge the Nigerian rivers to enable them contain more water. Besides the dredging will bring down prices of sharp sand.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by mayorofyentown(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
I still fail to understand the purpose of government. if na embezzle money and inflict pain on the citizens.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
nedekid:

There is no way Nigerian authorities wount have been informed. I remember earlier in the year there was warning of flooding.
The issue is what could have been done? You tell thousands of people to evacuate their houses, flood is comming, will Nigerians actually respond? Do you forcefully take them out?
On the part of Cameroon, if the dam is full, what option do they have than to do a controlled release of water to ease pressure in the dam walls. I assure you a collapsed dam and sudden release of water would have caused 100 times more damage in naija.
I think a solution might involve dredge the Nigerian rivers to enable them contain more water. Besides the dredging will bring down prices of sharp sand.
Solution is
a: to build a relief dam to curtail and contain the water been released from Cameroon
.at least two.
b: holding basins or lakes in kogi cross river,delta,Ondo and in south east

c: flood reliefs plans and drainage

1 Like

Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Illegal1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Igbogene own no be here ooh,i dn pack lyk 3 times nw
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Illegal1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
mayorofyentown:
Like this the flood don pursue me reach 3 diff. Places and e still day inceease more

i tink say nah only me...
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Illegal1:
Igbogene own no be here ooh,i dn pack lyk 3 times nw
The source for this area is from the delta water bodies and those from imo (assuming)
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Nooziinoo: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
ecolime:
Ogun, Lagos, Ondo, Delta and Edo states should get ready.

Some parts of Asaba is flooded currently.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Vintage100(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
They are used to it. It's a state surrounded by water
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by AmazingELixir: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
lipsrsealed

Wow! This is major Bayelsa state needs help from all and sundry....Maybe Wike might come to the rescue albeit the PDP presidential primaries back stab not withstanding.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Wow! This is major Bayelsa state needs help from all and sundry....Maybe Wike might come to the rescue albeit the PDP presidential primaries back stab not withstanding.
What do you think state governors can do?
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by mayorofyentown(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
Illegal1:

i tink say nah only me...

we many o. here way i dey so the 4 rooms dn cover na only parlor and kitchen remain
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by ecolime(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Nooziinoo:

Some parts of Asaba is flooded currently.
cry
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by nedekid: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
baralatie:

Solution is
a: to build a relief dam to curtail and contain the water been released from Cameroon
.at least two.
b: holding basins or lakes in kogi cross river,delta,Ondo and in south east

c: flood reliefs plans
Quite a brilliant idea. But wount the relief dams and basins cause permanent evacuation of lots of communities?
Dont think our people want to hear of that, good as it seems.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Sleekfingers: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
mosdii:
About 6 local government areas in Bayelsa state is currently submerged in water due to the flood water released from various dams in cameroun.

Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA

Yenagoa LGA

Southern Ijaw LGA

Sagbama LGA

Ogbia LGA

Ekeremor LGA

All these LGA's are currently submerged and I can tell you that about 75% of Bayelsa state is currently submerged in water.

Personally, I've lost my fish farm/pond to the flood and I am currently displaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG8SynhRmU

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7382541/commuters-stranded-flood-splits-road

Submerged? And we are still seeing the roof of houses.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
The dam is 308 m long, 40 m in height and 9m thick.
It was built by a combination of Chinese engineers and Cameroon
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Sleekfingers: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
JASONjnr:
The people living here probably lose their credentials and other important credentials.....In a saner clime, sueing the government over damage would be a good and welcome development....

But you dare not try it here....Thugs with fried brain will collect money and begin to intimidate you and your family members..

Sue the government for what?
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by AmazingELixir: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2022
baralatie:

What do you think state governors can do?

Relieve for the victims of the flooding is a starting point don't you think so..?
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
nedekid:

Quite a brilliant idea. But wount the relief dams and basins cause permanent evacuation of lots of communities?
Dont think our people want to hear of that, good as it seems.
The main primary relief dam which is sited in Adamawa as far back as 1982 is still there na!
Govt built that one alone will solve the problem

1 Like

Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Illegal1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
mayorofyentown:

we many o. here way i dey so the 4 rooms dn cover na only parlor and kitchen remain

and the water still pump more dey cum...

i dn tire to pack...na one old filling station 4 yenegwe i dey stay nah,i jst pray make ulcer no hold me b4 the flood go dry up....
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Relieve for the victims of the flooding is a starting point don't you think so..?
And what happens next year when Cameroon opens the dams again?
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by mayorofyentown(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
Illegal1:

and the water still pump more dey cum...

i dn tire to pack...na one old filling station 4 yenegwe i dey stay nah,i jst pray make ulcer no hold me b4 the flood go dry up....
Just try abeg.
Re: Devastating Flood In Bayelsa State In Pictures by Templee333(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
Flood isn't a new thing in Bayelsa State. The Bayelsans are used to it. So let's focus on 2023 election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics) / Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 / All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.