Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In (2133 Views)

CANADA VS AUSTRALIA: Which Is Better? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by techwiz109: 12:48am On Oct 14, 2022
E don tire me!!

This question has been bothering my head the moment I saw the messages on my email from a close friend.

I've been searching all about the internet trying to get to a final decision. The choice is extremely hard to make and I've got little time left.

It's like asking an average guy what message one is sweeter to hear: Credit Alert or Love Letter.

Please what's your take?

Canada or Australia?
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by coldgate(f): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2022
I usually would not respond to questions like this however, Nairaland was my major source of travel information before moving to Australia 7 yrs ago.

1. Comparing Canada to Australia is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Different climate.
2. Studying in Australia is more expensive I guess compared to Canada.
3. Wages are probably higher in Australia compared to Canada
4. Lots of work available in Oz. I do not know about the current work situation for Canada.
5. Proximity to Africa:if you plan to visit often then Canada may be preferred.
6. Are you more inclined to the U.S or Britain? Canada for U.S and Britain for Australia.
6. Familial ties to Canada or Oz might also be taken into account.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by techwiz109: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
coldgate:
I usually would not respond to questions like this however, Nairaland was my major source of travel information before moving to Australia 7 yrs ago.

1. Comparing Canada to Australia is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Different climate.
4. Lots of work available in Oz. I do not know about the current work situation for Canada.
6. Are you more inclined to the U.S or Britain? Canada for U.S and Britain for Australia.
Cheers

Wow!
Duly noted.
I'll weigh the differences with the help of your points and make a decision.

Thank you so much.

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Hannania(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2022
techwiz109:
E don tires me!!

This question has been bothering my head since the moment I saw the messages in my email from a close friend.

I've been searching all about the internet trying to get to a final decision. The choice is extremely hard to make and I've got little time left.

It's like asking an average guy what message is sweeter to hear: Credit Alert or Love Letter.

Please what's your take?

Canada or Australia?

I'm sure of the higher pay in Australia available to students. A close pal of mine dropped out in 2020 just before the pandemic and was making AUD 2000 weekly. (though he worked overtime).

The dude just graduated recently and got an offer from Cisco before graduating with 6 figures. Though am biased in tech, Oz is dope but hard to get into.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by techwiz109: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2022
Hannania:
I'm sure of the higher pay in Australia available to students. A close pal of mine dropped out in 2020 just before the pandemic and was making AUD 2000 weekly. (though he worked overtime).

The dude just graduated recently and got an offer from Cisco before graduating with 6 figures. Though am biased in tech, Oz is dope but hard to get into.

His skills singled him out.
Big deal to be hired by Cisco.
More wins
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Hannania(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2022
techwiz109:

His skills singled him out.
Big deal to be hired by Cisco.
More wins
And his Engineering degree also��. After spending big bucks in Sydney, what do you expect?

And he just paid only first year fees and the other with his earnings there. Though he had to prove significant PoF which was a smart move.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Saverin: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hannania:
And his Engineering degree also��. After spending big bucks in Sydney, what do you expect?

And he just paid only first year fees and the other with his earnings there. Though he had to prove significant PoF which was a smart move.

"What a smart move" in sabinus voice
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Hannania(m): 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Saverin:

"What a smart move" in sabinus voice
grin grin..The setting choke
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Nickxander11(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hannania:

Hi, pls how do you mean it's hard to get into?

I intend to start my accessment and my profession has an accessing body(AIQS).
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Sweetvie: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
coldgate:

Cheers
I concur
I've stay in both smiley
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Sweetvie: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nickxander11:

Hi, pls how do you mean it's hard to get into?

I intend to start my accessment and my profession has an accessing body(AIQS).
Hmm... Oz is hard to get into unless ur pof is something else
But I'll rate oz over and over again grin

Wish you good luck grin
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Nickxander11(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2022
Sweetvie:
Hmm... Oz is hard to get into unless ur pof is something else
But I'll rate oz over and over again grin

Wish you good luck grin
Cheers!

I think you meant for study.

I'm going via skilled independent visa(subclass 189) and there's no POF required for this pathway.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by EngrKemp: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2022
Nickxander11:

I'm going via skilled independent visa(subclass 189) and there's no POF required for this pathway.
Hmm how did u start this route?
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Sweetvie: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nickxander11:

Oh
You ain't going for study? Sorry
My mistake grin
All dsame, I wish you good luck
Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by Nickxander11(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
EngrKemp:

Hmm how did u start this route?

Check their immigration website. They have various pathways and subclass 189 has another 3 different pathways, which skilled independent visa(for people who want to immigrate to Oz for work just like FSW in Canada) is inclusive and it is point based also.

I haven't started yet, still sorting out some of the required documents for Visa application before I commence.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Australia, Which Is Better To Work And Study In by EngrKemp: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2022
Nickxander11:

Check their immigration website. They have various pathways and subclass 189 has another 3 different pathways, which skilled independent visa(for people who want to immigrate to Oz for work just like FSW in Canada) is inclusive and it is point based also.

I haven't started yet, still sorting out some of the required documents for Visa application before I commence.
Can we start together?
Inbox me ur whatsapp no.
weteckventures@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Best Route To Take From Lagos To Abuja By Road / Bloody Motor Accident / ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES CRASH : The Beautiful Cabin Crew!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.