Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? (1899 Views)

Drama As Mourinho Blames The Referee Of Rugby World Cup / Host Selection Process Kicks Off For Rugby World Cup 2023 / Rugby World Cup Go Sa Springboks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 11:46am On Aug 21, 2007
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

For those of you that don't like Rugby. This is a taste of what you are missing. Power, Pace and strategy

FOR THE WORLD CUP

As all rugby fans will know, the world cup will soon be upon us.

And the predominant question is: Who can stop the ALL BLACKS?

The All blacks have honed their famous offloading skills to the tee, and the interplay between forwards and backs has never been as impressive.

The Springboks have flattered to deceive. Their most potent threat is Habana, arguably the best wing in the world. I don't think they have the same overwhelming physical advantage they used to possess over the other teams. All black forwards are quicker and have excellent ball skills. But never write off the Boks.

France are some peoples faves for the trophy. They have good ball skills, prolly not as much speed as they would like. But I do not see them beating the ALL BLACKS despite home advantage.

England. The bloody pataks. Can't find anything good to say about this imploding side. Oh well. For love of country I will be cheering them on.

As all rugby fans will know, the world cup will soon be upon us.

And the predominant question is: Who can stop the ALL BLACKS?

The All blacks have honed their famous offloading skills to the tee, and the interplay between forwards and backs has never been as impressive.

The Springboks have flattered to deceive. Their most potent threat is Habana, arguably the best wing in the world. I don't think they have the same overwhelming physical advantage they used to possess over the other teams. All black forwards are quicker and have excellent ball skills. But never write off the Boks.

France are some peoples faves for the trophy. They have good ball skills, prolly not as much speed as they would like. But I do not see them beating the ALL BLACKS despite home advantage.

England. The bloody pataks. Can't find anything good to say about this imploding side. Oh well. For love of country I will be cheering them on.
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 12:31am On Aug 22, 2007
So no one is interested in Rugby?

All you uncouth people.
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2007
Big shock in the first match of the world cup yesterday

I can't say I saw it coming but with hindsight I guess it shouldn't be a surprise

The Pumas have a quite considerable pack in the Scrum
and have a decent record against Les Bleus.

The French though have always had a problem with the Fly half position
and definitely Skrela nor Michelak is not the answer at that position

More problematic was their lack of creativity when they got close to the line
It makes the group very very interesting
especially the Irish matches against Argentina and France

I am watching the Aus-Jpn match and the difference in the size of the
forwards is just a joke

Oh well what would a world cup be without no Minnows grin
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by Iman3(m): 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2007
This one na one-man thread. grin grin Na you start am,na you dey respond grin We no dey do rugby for Nairaland,we be Nigerians
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2007
Na me no com be Naija abi

Assuming we dey follow Rugby

then maybe we fit occupy those naturally henched
militants for Naija Delta grin
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by mukina2: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2007
lo l . . Doyin carry go tongue ur yeye thread tongue
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2007
mukina2:

lo l . . Doyin carry go tongue your yeye thread tongue

If you no get anything positive to contribute angry

Carry go grin
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2007
England beat USA in less than convincing fashion

They have to bloody learn to use their ball carrying forwards. angry
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by mukina2: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2007
angry angry angry

Yeah and mars beat Pluto grin tongue
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by doyin13(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2007
Muks I go soon send you go Pluto angry

Friendly giant or no friendly giant grin
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by mukina2: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2007
lol . . grin
wetin? i was also giving my reports grin

mean Giant tongue i fear so? grin
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by Mustay(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2007
South Africa are the new world champions after defeating a spirited England side 15-6 in the World Cup final in Paris on Saturday evening.

More StoriesMatchcast: South Africa 15-6 England
Vickery: Boks worthy winners
Smit: A wonderful feeling
Percy Montgomery kicked four penalties for South Africa while Francois Steyn also added a huge three-pointer as the Springboks just about justified their billing as pre-match favourites to win the Webb Ellis trophy for the second time.

Jonny Wilkinson landed a penalty for England in each half but the talking point for the former champions will be a disallowed Mark Cueto try two minutes after the interval.

After a stunning break by centre Matthew Tait the ball was quickly recycled to Cueto and although the wing crossed in the corner the video ref adjudged his foot to have been in touch before he went over.

It was a close call but endless video replays showed that it was the right call.

While England had their fair share of possession, Cueto's effort was their only real try scoring chance and nobody can begrudge South Africa, champions in 1995, their victory.

Coach Jake White's side were the only unbeaten team going into the final - they had beaten England 36-0 in the group stages - and they were able to once again rely on their set piece and defence to see them through one last game.

England can certainly hold their heads up high, and may think that the Boks were there for the taking, but they were never on top of their lineout and never able to dominate their own throw as they had done in the quarter and semi-finals.

Once again South African locks Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha were in imperious form and attacked England's lineout from the first whistle, crucially denying them possession from their first two throws.

England will also be kicking themselves for the mistakes that allowed Springboks marksmen Montgomery his shots at goal.

Tait, who came of age with a superb performance in the Stade de France, was at fault for the first in the seventh minute, slipping in his own 22 metre area and then being penalised for holding on.

Five minutes later England were level when Wilkinson nailed a beauty from the touchline after Bryan Habana had failed to roll away after tackling opposite man Paul Sackey.

But within a minute the Springboks were back in the lead. Lewis Moody stupidly put out a foot to trip Butch James and Montgomery made it 6-3 from in front of the posts.

There was little between the two sides in the first half hour but every time England made headway into the oppositions' 22 metre area, they either lost their throw or the Springboks lineout was so secure they were able to clear the pressure comfortably.

South Africa finished the first half on the front foot and Steyn made a number of telling breaks in midfield.

It was from a Steyn break in the 38th minute that South Africa had their best try-scoring opportunity. After Steyn had broken through two tackles the ball was moved to the left touchline and only desperate England defence kept them out.

England were under intense pressure in the closing stages of the first half and although they managed to prevent South Africa from touching down, they conceded a penalty after a five metre scrum and Montgomery slotted the kick to give the Springboks a 9-3 lead going into the interval.

Within two minutes of the restart England thought they had scored. Tait collected a poor pass in his own half and broke clear of several Springboks tacklers, only to be hauled down metres from the try line.

The support from England was good and when Andy Gomarsall fed Cueto on the blind side the whole stadium thought he had scored, despite a last-ditch tackle from South Africa number eight Danie Rossouw.

The try was disallowed but South Africa were penalised for an earlier infringement and Wilkinson cut their lead to 9-6.

England lost Jason Robinson to an arm injury soon after and when Steyn made another break down the middle Martin Corry was caught handling in a ruck and Montgomery moved the Springboks six points clear again.

Dan Hipkiss, on for Robinson, gave England some 'go forward' in midfield and the former champions continued to take the game to South Africa.

But on the hour Steyn punished a Ben Kay block with a 50m penalty to make it 15-6 and for the first time South Africa looked like they were in sight of the trophy.

South Africa still had to ride an awkward 10-minute period when they seemed uncertain how to protect their lead.

Yet their defence held firm and although England made a number of promising forays deep into South Africa's half they were unable to get points on the board.

When it mattered most the South Africa forwards were able to retreat into a tight game, relying on their lineout and rolling maul to run down the clock to World Cup victory.

Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by folem: 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2007
Congratulations! South Africa are World Champions for 2nd Time.

But as usual in Africa, the politicians want to impose Quota Systems on the team just like we used to do in Nigerian football but at a lower scale now. Sani Keita may not merit to be in Super Eagles but he fullfills Northern Quota, but Manasseh Isiaku may actually get in the team on merit if he works harder.

France Soccer team is great but the team is mainly black.
US Basketball team is great but the team is mainly black.
Brazil Soccer team is great but the team is mainly black.
SA Rugby team is great but the team is mainly white.

Now the politicians want the team to be mainly black, not on merit but by Quota and the team will probably start losing to teams like Morocco, Kenya & Nigeria and the politicians will be happy just like the Zimbabwe Cricket team has been destroyed even losing it's hard earned Test status for now. Black South Africans are more passionate about Soccer than Rugby but we all know the level of Bafana Bafana, a team Brazil Women's Team or Nigeria's Golden Eaglets will possibly beat.

Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by ow11(m): 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2007
@folem
well said . black people like glory without hardwork. If u want to be in a team, u have to be better the the guy not in. not because u were born of a certain colour or tribe.

i just hope berti is allowed to take the best. Imagine eguavoen inviting yaro yaro to eagles camp. haven't we had enough of him? if they want hausa boys in the team,they can go and find exciting new talent there rather than feed us with mr. garba lawal,yaro yaro and kaita

i enjoyed the world cup.its a shame only a few countries play it. It is a real man's game only the strong and quick survive.

we no get enof food to feed people to play rugby in nigeria plus the rules are too complex to understand
Re: Rugby World Cup:Who can stop the All Blacks? by Mustay(m): 1:26am On Oct 26, 2007
so it just cant work ere!`

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger And Jose Mourinho Set To Release Their Rap Albums(picture) / Coach Keshi Failed Nigerians / EPL: Leicester Vs Chelsea Starting Lineups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.