Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Congratulations To Faith Odunsi For Becoming A World Champion In Mathematics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Congratulations To Faith Odunsi For Becoming A World Champion In Mathematics (432 Views)

British Citizen Luke Leyland Vs Plateau State Champion In Dambe Boxing (video) / World Champion, Oluwatobiloba Amusan Arrives Lagos (Photo) / Amusan Is World Champion, As Nigerian Quartet Breaks 30-Year African Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations To Faith Odunsi For Becoming A World Champion In Mathematics by Elbinawi: 5:57am On Oct 15, 2022
Today I celebrate a Nigerian Citizen, a rising star who is just 15 years old, Miss Faith Odunsi, a pupil of The Ambassadors Schools, Ota, Ogun State, who recently won the Global Open Mathematics Tournament, an international competition with participants from Europe, Africa, America, Asia and Australia.

She won the competition with a margin of 30 points. Can you imagine this?

Most people think Mathematics is a difficult subject, I do not think so because Mathematics is my best subject since Primary School. I received a Tea Cup as a prize for been the best Student in Mathematics in Primary School in 1982. My late Father was very happy. In 1988 when I wrote the first 6-years Secondary School WAEC, I brought the question paper home and asked my elder brother, Muhammad, to mark. He marked it and told me I failed 2 questions out of 50 questions. I cried, why did I failed 2 questions? The only subject that I was better that my brilliant elder brother who is a genius was Mathematics. He scored A2 in the WAEC of 1986 and I scored A1 in the WAEC of 1988. Both at Government College Kaduna (GCK).

Let us return to this Mathematics genius Miss Faith Odunsi who is better than me. The fact that she is schooling in Nigeria makes her historic victory pleasing. I never believe that because we are Blacks then we are inferior to any race. Faith Odunsi just proved this assertion.

Inference:

Nigeria has brilliant, creative and intelligent people like China, India and Iran. Our major problem in Nigeria is the extremely bad leadership. This is our 'natural disasters'. We do not experience earthquakes but we have leaders like #Buhari that are worst than earthquakes. We have leaders that are extremely wicked and extremely corrupt, two dangerous combinations.

Congratulations �� to Miss Faith Odunsi for becoming a world champion in Mathematics. You conquered the world and made Nigeria proud. Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Congratulations To Faith Odunsi For Becoming A World Champion In Mathematics by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2022
World champion?
Did they check others ability before crowning her that?
Well maybe because she's a kid
Re: Congratulations To Faith Odunsi For Becoming A World Champion In Mathematics by yinkeys(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2022
Intelligence is not a trait inherently peculiar to a specific race lol @Elbinawi

Politics is basically the reason why Blacks generally aren’t amongst the richest in the world
One study online found that just 1% of VENTURE-BACKED start ups were BLACK OWNED

Congrats to her
Only a matter of time before she gets scholarship and works in a developed country.
The regular brain drain

(1) (Reply)

Today Betting Tip Odd 13 24/10/2022 Wazobiasports Update / 108 ODDS TODAY> 100% / World Cup Commentator Brutally Sacked At Half-time - For Mentioning Ex-hero's Na

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.