Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Dangerous Mosquitoes In Town 'developing Resistance To Bed Nets' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangerous Mosquitoes In Town 'developing Resistance To Bed Nets' (661 Views)

The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? / Why Are Mosquitoes In My Room Dying Off? / Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Mosquito Nets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Mosquitoes In Town 'developing Resistance To Bed Nets' by Ezniteadin(m): 4:16am On Aug 18, 2011
Mosquitoes can rapidly develop resistance to bed nets treated with insecticide, a new study from Senegal suggests.
In recent years the nets have become a leading method of preventing malaria, especially in Africa.

The researchers also suggest the nets reduced the immunity of older children and adults to malaria infection.
But other experts say the study was too small to draw conclusions about the long-term effectiveness of nets.
In the war against malaria, the cheapest and most effective weapon to date has been the long-lasting insecticide-treated bed net.

Over the last few years the nets have been widely distributed in Africa and elsewhere - the World Health Organization says that when properly deployed they can cut malaria rates by half.
Continue reading the main story

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/dangerous-mosquitoes-in-town-developing.html

(1) (Reply)

Can I Quit Smoking Without Drugs Or Medication? / Urgent Response From the Doctors In The House / Hope For The Hearing Impaired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.