Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals (13366 Views)

FIFA U-17 Women W’cup: Nigeria’s Flamingos Thrash New Zealand 4-0 / Nigeria Flamingos Arrive India Ahead Of 2022 U-17 Women World Cup / Senegal Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-20 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Racoon(m): 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkrXzwKhpK4
India 2022: Flamingos defeat Chile 2-1, reach quarter-finals

Nigeria reached the quarter-finals of the ongoing FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup finals in India after the Flamingos scooped all three points from Chile in a 2-1 win in Bhubaneswar.

Blessing Emmanuel’s goal in the 4th minute of the game and Bisola Mosaku’s strike off a free-kick from Miracle Usani with eight minutes left was enough to see Nigeria through at the Kalinga Stadium, despite a late penalty converted by Roverner Tali. The win earned the Flamingoes a place in the quarter-finals on Friday, with either USA or Brazil as opponents.

As was the case against New Zealand on Friday, the Flamingos created a slew of opportunities that were not converted, but head coach Bankole Olowookere assured the team will get even better as the tournament progresses.

“We missed a number of chances again, but I like the spirit of the team and we will get better as we go on in the competition. I am happy we made it into the last eight, and that we sustained our winning mentality despite the fact that we only needed a draw to sail through.”

Germany’s 3-1 win over New Zealand in the other match of Group B meant the Germans finished with the maximum nine points in the group phase, having scored a total of 11 goals and conceding only two.
Nigeria finished with six points and a plus-six goals advantage after scoring seven goals and conceding only two.
https://punchng.com/india-2022-flamingos-defeat-chile-2-1-reach-quarter-finals/

U17 WWC: Flamingos target quarter-final ticket against Chile
Nigeria’s Flamingos will seek a place in the quarter-final of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup when they take on Chile in their final group game on Monday (today).

The encounter is billed for the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar.Bankole Olowookere’s side occupy second position in the group and need a draw to scale through to the knockout round. The Nigerian ladies started their campaign on a disappointing note, going down to a 2-1 defeat against Germany.

The West Africans, however, bounced back by thrashing New Zealand 4-0 in their second game.
Head Coach, Olowookere has assured that his girls will not take their feet off the pedal against the South Americans.

We are ready for another three points. We had a good win over New Zealand but I’m not happy we lost so many scoring chances. We cannot afford to do that against Chile.

“We are very focused because nothing has been won yet. It is another game in which we must give our very best and ensure we get a win,” Olowookere told thenff.com. Should they proceed, the Flamingos will face either Brazil or the United States of America in the quarter-final.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/17/u-17-wwc-flamingos-target-quarter-final-ticket-against-chile/

3 Likes

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by LoneWolf212: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fine girls wey dey ball

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by LoneWolf212: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Congratulations Girls!

13 Likes

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Racoon(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
Congratulations to our girls. More heights to attain. Step by step you keep on climbing the ladder of success.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Urheadmaster(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
LoneWolf212:
Fine girls wey dey ball

grin

Our flamingo girls are balling and advancing more than our super eagles with huge balls and long ropes in-between their abdomen tongue undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Zonefree(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
The win earned the Flamingoes a place in the quarter-finals on Friday, with either USA or Brazil as opponents.

End of the road for our baby girls.

Brazil, USA and Germany female teams are no match for anybody.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by kellyjc(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
I will congratulate them when they win their next match....
Dem sabi give person fake hope for this country grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Okorojiga: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2022
nice
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Congratulations girls. go win the world cup
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
The real slaymamas
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Moses86(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nigeria under 17 will always make us proud because most of dem na 27years already

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by MuslimIgbo: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
cool cool cool

Sabi girls

Correct girls

Real slay queens

And not all these lazy WHORÈS spreading legs for various guys and married men for peanuts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by iwaeda: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkrXzwKhpK4
India 2022: Flamingos defeat Chile 2-1, reach quarter-finals

https://punchng.com/india-2022-flamingos-defeat-chile-2-1-reach-quarter-finals/

U17 WWC: Flamingos target quarter-final ticket against Chile

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/17/u-17-wwc-flamingos-target-quarter-final-ticket-against-chile/

Good win. Is Robosky on sabbatical grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Starz825(m): 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
kellyjc:
I will congratulate them when they win their next match....
Dem sabi give person fake hope for this country grin
I hope nairalanders no go wound me with laff one day cheesy
I say sometimes I fit laff like straight 30 minutes

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by saysugar(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
Germany dey await u
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Robertgreene1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Intresting...But that Chilean keeper "Alvarado" or something is a beauty ooo..chai see babe
That girl with that her Moroccan counterpart
Should both be contesting for miss universe and not playing football
White is beautiful abeg...

1 Like

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by WHITELIGHTER: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
I love their celebration style....they are good
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by cyndylove64(f): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
Zonefree:

End of the road for our baby girls.

Brazil, USA and Germany female teams are no match for anybody.
THe USA team I watched played Morocco today are not in form abeg

7 Likes

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Snapchat: 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Robertgreene1:
Intresting...But that Chilean keeper "Almarado" or something is a beauty ooo..chai see babe
That girl with that her Moroccan counterpart
Should both be contesting for miss universe and not playing football
White is beautiful oo

Help us with the pictures of both of them

2 Likes

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by ufuosman(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Congratulations
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by ppogba: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
cyndylove64:
THe USA team I watched played Morocco today are not in form abeg

The moment you realise most of the people commenting here are not even watching some of the matches, the more peace you have.

This is an age grade competition amongst girls that are very prone to errors and mistakes.

It is not only the USA TEAM THAT is beatable. The BRAZIL team that defeated India too is not special. All our girls need is to minimize their mistakes and they can square up with any team.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by sterlingD(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2022
The coach should work on the confidence of the attack line more.The attack needs to up their game.After the match became 2-1 the girls created two chances that they could have upped the score to 4-1.The attack line needs to be more aggressive and convert their chances while putting their opponents under pressure. The defense lines needs change their ball clearance technique because it can backfire, put them under pressure and cause them to give away penalties.
Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by cyndylove64(f): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
ppogba:

The moment you realise most of the people commenting here are not even watching some of the matches, the more peace you have.

This is an age grade competition amongst girls that are very prone to errors and mistakes.

It is not only the USA TEAM THAT is beatable. The BRAZIL team that defeated India too is not special. All our girls need is to minimize their mistakes and they can square up with any team.
exactly... While watching Brazil vs India I noticed the errors and mistakes.even our girls where watching the match,then I switched to USA match . Many of them here are just commenting on past glory of the senior teams of USA, Brazil or Germany. Our girls are trying

6 Likes

Re: FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals by Robertgreene1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Snapchat:

Help us with the pictures of both of them
sorry buh can't find em bro...girls not popular yet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thomas Dennerby Resigns As Super Falcons Coach / Man Utd Considering Eriksen And Tielemans As Possible Replacements For Pogba / Where Can I Download Full Football Match From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.