Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Salute To Efik And Ibibio Kaiso To World Popular Calypso - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Salute To Efik And Ibibio Kaiso To World Popular Calypso (433 Views)

How Carnival, Efik Calabar Culture Was Transported To Caribbean / What's The Difference Between Ibibio, Efik And Annang? / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Salute To Efik And Ibibio Kaiso To World Popular Calypso by laiperi: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
So!

Kaiso is a type of music popular in Trinidad and Tobago, and other countries, especially of the Caribbean, such as Grenada, Belize, Barbados, St. Lucia and Dominica, which originated in West Africa particularly among the Efik and Ibibio people of Nigeria, and later evolved into calypso music.

2 Likes

Re: Salute To Efik And Ibibio Kaiso To World Popular Calypso by Shalommy(f): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tell me more, my man. Chaii
Re: Salute To Efik And Ibibio Kaiso To World Popular Calypso by laiperi: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Shalommy:
Tell me more, my man. Chaii

I just found out myself but I will be researching it more. Very proud of it.

I wish I knew in all these donkeys years we were dancing Calypso in school. More Trini Winy Tiny girls could have fallen by claiming ownership. It does not matter that I am neither Erik nor Ibibio but I love Edikang Ikong.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Facts About Shy People / Bass In High End Restaurants / Change Regarding Inert Objects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.