Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard (11678 Views)

Way Of Resolving Usd Transaction Issues With GTBANK / Gtbank Naira Master Card Activation Code / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by velo10: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
Paying Via Naira Mastercard

I intend making payment online via mastercard credit card(our normal atms). However, I am scared on how safe it is to make payment via this means. It's GTBank mastercard that I am using, anybody here with experience on paying through this means? Kindly advise, thanks.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Nairaplus(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
Go to GTB for security information. I guess you need the token to secure your payment and for that, you will cough out N3,000 only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by velo10: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
Thanks. But my main concern is how safe is it?
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by pafectlink(m): 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2011
With the Hardware Token your card(account) security is in your hands. No tresspassing
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by fiverr(m): 3:12am On Aug 19, 2011
It is safe to use online. In fact, as said by pafectlink, without the security code from
gtb or any other bank, your atm can not be charged online. I t get declined
where you want to spend it.
That means once that security code is kept secret, it is secured.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by chegson: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2011
Velo, to enjoy a secured online payment transaction, you have to apply for a GTBank "CARD SECURE" an additional security, for your Naira Master Card.

This can be done by obtaining and completion of "INTERNET BANKING FORM" and cough out an additional sum of # 3000.00 {three thousand Naira only) to enable the Bank issue you an Internet Banking Hardware Token.
This will allow you create for yourself, a unique code ( known only to you ). The code gives you an additional security while making any online payment transaction.

For any payment to be authorised on any website, the unique code you created has to be provided and verified, otherwise, the transaction will not scale through.

With this arrangement, your Naira Master Card is protected from any unauthorised online usage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by velo10: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
Thanks alot Chegson
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2011
chegson:

Velo, to enjoy a secured online payment transaction, you have to apply for a GTBank "CARD SECURE" an additional security, for your Naira Master Card.

This can be done by obtaining and completion of "INTERNET BANKING FORM" and cough out an additional sum of # 3000.00 {three thousand Naira only) to enable the Bank issue you an Internet Banking Hardware Token.
This will allow you create for yourself, a unique code ( known only to you ). The code gives you an additional security while making any online payment transaction.

For any payment to be authorised on any website, the unique code you created has to be provided and verified, otherwise, the transaction will not scale through.

With this arrangement, your Naira Master Card is protected from any unauthorised online usage
You are making it sound as if its just one code, the machine generates tons of codes even you the user can not hold the codes in your head. There is a code for every single transaction. I advice poster to get into a gt bank to fully understand the token. Its iron clad security. No need to fear at all.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by chidyke77(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
wat abt zenith?
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^
I don't think so, gtb is the only bank I know that operates such, oceanic also has a funny plastic card that's like a puzzle de also call token. It does the same job but its rather archaic.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by BasseyJ(m): 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2011
Pls i'm about to get my firstbank visa card, have any one used it to buy online before and does it require the 'token'. Thanks
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by velo11: 1:39am On Nov 29, 2011
It doesn't work on facebook and google. What a waste
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by JAZES(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
velo11:

It doesn't work on facebook and google. What a waste

UBA Africard works perfectly for facebook ads and Google adwords
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by velo11: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2011
Any idea of other debit cards that work with facebook and google?
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by ugomarizu: 9:07am On May 21, 2013
Pls how long will it take 4 me to get my gtbank token and security cord
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by naicae(m): 5:39am On Sep 28, 2013
Hi NL i got my own UBA Africard around July but the card expiry date states 10/13. Why is the expiry time so short. And will the card be rendered useless after the expiration date...Secondly am in Ghana i want to know what will happen if i try to withdraw the money from an ATM here...will the money be converted with the exchange rate between Nigeria and Ghana since our currency is higer than their now.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Kirinwa: 6:22am On Sep 28, 2013
Nairaplus: Go to GTB for security information. I guess you need the token to secure your payment and for that, you will cough out N3,000 only.

What of to withdraw or receive money.Do you need security information?
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Kirinwa: 6:27am On Sep 28, 2013
ugomarizu: Pls how long will it take 4 me to get my gtbank token and security cord

Cord or code? grin
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by IRIENBOY(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2013
The token is #2100,from GTBANT
Kirinwa:

What of to withdraw or receive money.Do you need security information?
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by stephenoye65(m): 7:44am On Sep 28, 2013
I don't know about code or no code because i have paid with my gtb mastercard online several times without these codes you people are talking about.However,i always call 'card service' their numbers are at the back of the card.They only ask me a few questions after which my payment always scale through and i have not had problem with safety and security.
Re: Paying Online With GTBank Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
It is possibe to make online payment with GT mastercard without and code. Just make sure the payment processor acceptd Debit card

Btw incase you guys need a US phone number that can make calls receive calls
and sms, get it done online at Usacallsms.com

You can get a free trial for US number on this nairaland thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/1417258/get-usa-phone-number-calls#17756029

(1) (Reply)

Calling On All Betonmarkets Traders / Interstate Passenger Transport Business / Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Guest House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.