Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? (4939 Views)

For Sale:LSDPC's Adekunle Yaba,Dolphin Highrise Ikoyi,2 Bedrum Bungalow Surulere / Good 2 Bedroom Flat To Let At Ijeh Highrise Housing Estate Ikoyi..1 Yr / Flats @ 1004 V.i Lagos Opp Civic Centre. 3rd Floor 1st Floor And Highrise: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by ekinmogun: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
Folks, which one is really better? Accommodation in an apartment within a highrise complex in the city or in a bungalow at the city's outskirt?
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Arkhin(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
Bungalow mehn! You are down already so you need not fear in your sleep that the house might collapse!
cool cool cool
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by babaowo: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2011
if you have much with you,is better you go for a mini duplex
which the difference will not pass 1.5mil. naira its depends your taste sha oo.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Theblessed(f): 3:43am On Aug 19, 2011
[b][size=16pt]What are your values in life?

What happened to one, enjoying quality life in the surburb without all the stresses and headaches of the City e.g. everything is expensive in the City except the air that goes through our nostrils and with the added worry that, that your skyscraper Penthouse might cave-in/off the floor in a strong wind (45 - 70 miles/hr speed) thus, causing you nightmare, insomnia, no rest of mind and perhaps, High Blood Pressure for tasters?

Whereas in the surburb, you could have much bigger space to live in, kids have ample room to play in, big garden to run around for fresh air, and for you and Mrs, a vegetable patch to grow your own and watch your kids grow up to healthy and balanced adults without stressing over being stabbed by a loner in the middle of the City, on a broad day light whilst everyone is watching and does nothing to help! undecided undecided undecided   

You see, I know what you're thinking before you could even begin - it's about money innit?  You see, everything is not money -your life, your family and the quality of life seems far more important than the worth of gold and silver on the bricks of that your City Crib in 5 yrs time. grin grin grin

So, it's really up to you, what your values are - as a Nigerian, money comes first, innit?  We love Kudi, abi?
[/size][/b]
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Dream1: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2011
If you are a young professional and a bachelor, then the apartment makes sense. When its time to settle down with the Mrs. and have kids, you can move to a nice bungalow or duplex with your own compound so the kids have enough room to play.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Dogmersfie(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2011
I would prefer bungalow to high rise apartment. In case of bungalow , at least you have a property on ground rather not having ground property at all.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Natudu: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2011
Dream1:

If you are a young professional and a bachelor, then the apartment makes sense. When its time to settle down with the Mrs. and have kids, you can move to a nice bungalow or duplex with your own compound so the kids have enough room to play.
True talk
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by deprof1(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2011
brother,you raised a good point,as for me,i would want to know few things from you first :
1. do you want to have tenants with you in Ur compound or you and Ur family alone?
2.if answer to the 1 above is NO,then go for a nice bungalow but if answer is YES,you need to find out the cost of land in that area first before you decide which to build.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by seunlayi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
A Highrise is always better in terms of land management and other things that need to be considered, but here in Nigeria it is a different thing.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Edan55: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2011
Thanks for sharing problem.
I think living in Bungalow is best for your residence. In this place you feel happy and there is no wast time on climbing and destribance. In aprtment there is no privacy and in Bungalow there is privacy.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Sholaf(f): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
A semi bungalow in the suburb is more appropriate.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by ekinmogun: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2011
Thanks all. But have we thought of security? For instance, which is preferable, a place in a secure 1004 or a bungalow in Isheri North where you are afraid to go out in the night? I am not even talking of the cost here now!
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by Select(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
ekinmogun:

Folks, which one is really better? Accommodation in an apartment within a highrise complex in the city or in a bungalow at the city's outskirt?

I think the choice is really yours, after putting many factors into consideration.

For the processing of your Titled Documents( C of O, Governor's Consent, Ratification cases etc) and your Building Plan Approvals within Lagos, Ogun and Abuja , you can pls get across.
   I work as a Town Planning Officer with the Lagos State Government.
   Pls send a mail to  select500@yahoo.com  and I will get back to you immediately.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by osenzo(m): 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2011
Man go for a bungalow. Its preferable and stress free. I knw dis 4 sure cuz i left ma flat 4 a bungalow in a place far frm d city.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by osenzo(m): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
Man go for a bungalow. Its preferable and stress free. I knw dis 4 sure cuz i left ma flat 4 a bungalow in a place far frm d city.
Re: Which Is Better? To Live In A Highrise Apartment Or In A Bungalow ? by hakir(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2011
being in a flat in town or bungalow at the surburb depends on :

1. FINANCES - most people will want to stay in town if they have the money but there are some exceptions sometimes

2. INFRASTRUCTURE - if the surburb has a fair state of infrastructure

3. PROXIMITY TO WORK PLACE - if there is good flowing traffic and not far from town with good electricity supply (e.g dawaki ext in abuja)

4. PROXIMITY TO SCHOOL - your children's school is paramount in all your decision

5. PERSONAL SATISFACTION - some people just like country homes, and some want space & privacy with their lean resources.

also it is important to check the COST & BENEFIT of an area before you make a decision: some people will not take into consideration surburb without water, good electricity (cost of running a gen), traffic congestion (the mental stress and long time of travel), cost of security, cost of good education(if your children school is in the city) etc. if you sum up these costs on an annual basis with your annual surburb rent, it could be alot better to live in the city .

IF YOU SEEK TO KNOW MORE ON:

1.  abuja and its environment

2. were to acquire and were not in abuja

3. better surburb to rent and live in

4. were best to speculate with land

5. cheaper area closest to city with flexible payment plans.

6. development rules in abuja

7. trend of property development in abuja

8. acquisition and disposal of land and buildings in abuja

CALL, TEXT OR MAIL

hakir
onivehu2000@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

I Supply Sands And Building Materials At Cheapest Rate, Best Price And Quality / Quick Sales Of 7 Plots Of Land At Buena Vista Estate Lekki Lagos / Do You Need A Cheap Borehole Construction Deal? READ THIS!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.