Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! (1690 Views)

You Can Now Send Free Bulk Sms Using Ur Name Or Mobile Number From Ur Phone Or Computer To Any Body / How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Emmanbaba: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
I recently changed ma brand new hp pavilion g6 from windows 7 home basic to windows 7 ultimate, now the computer is a monster. I later discovered the person who helped me with the changing might have messed up but the solution is what i need now. Some of the problems that arised include:
-ma experience index fell all the way from 4.0 to 3.3
-under system properties, ma RAM now writes 4.0gb(2.43gb usable) and the system is now very slow cuz of that.
-installing softwares is now a pain in the ass(pes 2011 said ma video card doesn't meet the minimum requirement, call of duty said d3d*9_34.dll is missing from ma computer etc) and a couple of other problems,
Computers gurus, pls what could i do to rectify all these, HELP ME!
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by henryskywalker2003(m): 2:46am On Aug 21, 2011
If you are in lagos, see if you can bring it over let me take a look at it. Call me if you want.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Chygoz2(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2011
Backup your files and then Use your recovery partition to restore it back to factory conditions.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by deji2009(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2011
Chygoz2:

Backup your files and then Use your recovery partition to restore it back to factory conditions.

User recovery partiton would have been deleted when it was upgraded from basic to ultimate

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

@ POSTER find this link http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/max-memory-limits-for-64-bit-windows-7/4254
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Chygoz2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
deji2009:

User recovery partiton would have been deleted when it was upgraded from basic to ultimate

Here are the upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

@ POSTER find this link http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/max-memory-limits-for-64-bit-windows-7/4254
That depends on how the upgrade was done. I've done upgrades for people without losing the recovery partition.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Emmanbaba: 12:59am On Aug 22, 2011
Thank y'all for replying. it seems restoring to factory settings is the way forward, but as deji2009, how would i know if the recovery partition has been deleted or it's still there.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Chygoz2(m): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2011
Emmanbaba:

Thank y'all for replying. it seems restoring to factory settings is the way forward, but as deji2009, how would i know if the recovery partition has been deleted or it's still there.
Right click on my computer, click on manage and select disk management in the window that appears. You should see the different partitions present on your computer. The recovery partition will be indicated if it is still present.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by dragnet: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
Emmanbaba:

I recently changed ma brand new hp pavilion g6 from windows 7 home basic to windows 7 ultimate, now the computer is a monster. I later discovered the person who helped me with the changing might have messed up but the solution is what i need now. Some of the problems that arised include:
-ma experience index fell all the way from 4.0 to 3.3
-under system properties, ma RAM now writes 4.0gb(2.43gb usable) and the system is now very slow cuz of that.
-installing softwares is now a pain in the Bottom(pes 2011 said ma video card doesn't meet the minimum requirement, call of duty said d3d*9_34.dll is missing from ma computer etc) and a couple of other problems,
Computers gurus, pls what could i do to rectify all these, HELP ME!

Your problem isnt much of a 'problem'. . . .
The only one that baffles me is the issue of the ram, others arent that serious & restore cant take you far. . . at least It cant roll back to the last Os.

Are you in Lag?
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by dragnet: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Chygoz2:

Right click on my computer, click on manage and select disk management in the window that appears. You should see the different partitions present on your computer. The recovery partition will be indicated if it is still present.
Does he really need to go into 'disk management' for that? . . . Its a 'partition' so a simple click into 'my computer should reveal all partitions right?
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Chygoz2(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
dragnet:

Does he really need to go into 'disk management' for that? . . . Its a 'partition' so a simple click into 'my computer should reveal all partitions right?
most times it does. But sometimes it's somehow hidden. I once formatted a laptop after which the recovery partition became visible.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by dragnet: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
Chygoz2:

most times it does. But sometimes it's somehow hidden. I once formatted a laptop after which the recovery partition became visible.
mMm. . . Aight, if u say so. I know it happens with removable drives but havent experienced such with internal partitions. . .
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Emmanbaba: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hey guys, i think the partition is still there, but to be sure, i attached the screenshot. If the partition is still indeed there, what do i do to get back to factory settings, @dragnet, i stay in lag but currently in school outside lag, thank y'all

Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by dragnet: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
Emmanbaba:

Hey guys, i think the partition is still there, but to be sure, i attached the screenshot. If the partition is still indeed there, what do i do to get back to factory settings, @dragnet, i stay in lag but currently in school outside lag, thank y'all
Where exactly? Anywhere near IFE in Osun? Probably we could hook up. . Cuz I'm also not in Lag at the moment.
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by deji2009(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
Emmanbaba:

The most acceptable way to find out is to restart keep

pressing F11 Starting system recovery. Pictures Enclosed see below

Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by deji2009(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
Chygoz2:

dragnet:

mMm. . . Aight, if u say so. I know it happens with removable drives but havent experienced such with internal partitions. . .

Neither have I experienced the above, is much better to format everything than twickling with

partitioning which can cause confusion or another problem for the user
Re: Gurus Pls Help, Changing Windows Has Turned Ma Computer To A Monster! by Nikky04(f): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2011
For you to start/launch the system recovery:

Under disk management, right click the D drive (HP recovery) and select "mark partition as active", and restart ur system, it will boot into recovery mode, just follow all the prompt and pick the default, after about an hour and a half you should be as good as new.

But before you follow all the steps ahead please back up all ur files.

That's all there is to it

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Change The Graphics Card On My Samsung Laptop?? / Hp Elitebook 8440p Core I5 500gb Hdd, 4gb Ram #53,000 08163547755, 07026003610 / Fairly Used Macbook For Sale. Good Deal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.