Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month (2446 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by Dogalmighty17: 6:48am On Oct 21, 2022
For me I've never taken time to calculate. But on average I spend 3k daily outside the basic essentials that last across months. Things like rice, semo, ground and palm oil. My home expenses run over 100k for now. I'm aware this is much. It is just i and my wife with a 2 year old and 5 month old son.

Make I no even add beer money join. But how person go do? This economy dey craze person craze.
Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by Acidosis(m): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2022
jify:

Na WA o. Hmm

My husband would give me N60,000 for 3 months with 2 children and I'm expected to pay electricity, buy gas, foodstuff, children snacks, children stationeries, lawma, security and everything. When I say add something, he says what do I expect him to do, that's all he can afford, for 3 months? And someone is spending 77k for one month.

Na WA o

All fingers are not equal. Find a way to support him (if you are not already doing that) and, more importantly, there should be frequent discussions on how to improve your finance as a family. It's very important 'cos even that 60k is not sustainable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by RealGandalf: 9:13am On Oct 21, 2022
Dogalmighty17:
For me I've never taken time to calculate. But on average I spend 3k daily outside the basic essentials that last across months. Things like rice, semo, ground and palm oil. My home expenses run over 100k for now. I'm aware this is much. It is just i and my wife with a 2 year old and 5 month old son.

Make I no even add beer money join. But how person go do? This economy dey craze person craze.

You would not want to add those... Car servicing, fuel, home people, cable TV, Light, Water, School fees, House rent and lots more.

May God make it easy for all of us.

1 Like

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by satandeterrible: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2022
jify:

Na WA o. Hmm

My husband would give me N60,000 for 3 months with 2 children and I'm expected to pay electricity, buy gas, foodstuff, children snacks, children stationeries, lawma, security and everything. When I say add something, he says what do I expect him to do, that's all he can afford, for 3 months? And someone is spending 77k for one month.

Na WA o
Wicked, demonic wife. Stop comparing your husband with another man...
Abi you wan go fuckkk the man?

Your husband is giving you from the much he earns but you are already looking outside.

Witch.

How much do you add to the family expenses?

1 Like

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by NoToPile: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2022
Acidosis:

All fingers are not equal. Find a way to support him (if you are not already doing that) and, more importantly, there should be frequent discussions on how to improve your finance as a family. It's very important 'cos even that 60k is not sustainable.

Since I saw that her post yesterday I have been trying to calculate and calculate how she would go about it with 30k monthly( I am assuming she is adding 30k to the 60k for 3 months) and I don't even see it happening for all those expenses, if it's food alone maybe just maybe. But when you add gas, lawma, security levy, children's expenses and every other expense to it, it's a very big problem.

The point is its always easy to say fingers are not equal even though that's the truth but our economy is the problem not the non equal fingers part.

Even if she adds 60k to that 60k, 120k for 3 months with 2 children is still managing. It's not even just food alone, every damn thing is included. Ordinary rice is 600naira derica.

People will begin to bash her for her post even those who know the reality that times are hard every where, I don't even see it as comparism at all, that's her own reality, her truth and she shouldn't be insulted for it.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by jify(f): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
satandeterrible:

Wicked, demonic wife. Stop comparing your husband with another man...
Abi you wan go fuckkk the man?

Your husband is giving you from the much he earns but you are already looking outside.

Witch.

How much do you add to the family expenses?

Thank you for thinking is about comparing. I would rather be caught dead, than jump outside, my hands are fully functional and I have, can and will continue to play my part. Been augmenting that bill for 6years and I intend to continue.

Did I also tell you school fees is on me, and also part of house rent. Husband's income has increased three times in that six years but It's the same don't you know how much I earn story.

I spoke from another aspect because I read that post and saw a man who understood his responsibility to care for his family. Sometimes I have to beg for that money whenever I offend.

I will continue to push myself to earn better.

7 Likes

Re: See How Much We Spend On Food For One Month by Jozilinn: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
jify:

Thank you for thinking is about comparing. I would rather be caught dead, than jump outside, my hands are fully functional and I have, can and will continue to play my part. Been augmenting that bill for 6years and I intend to continue.

Did I also tell you school fees is on me, and also part of house rent. Husband's income has increased three times in that six years but It's the same don't you know how much I earn story.

I spoke from another aspect because I read that post and saw a man who understood his responsibility to care for his family. Sometimes I have to beg for that money whenever I offend.

I will continue to push myself to earn better.
Abeg don't mind him jare, people like him are just over Sabi nawa oh like did you say anything bad... women are going through a lot in their marriages but our nairaland men own na contribution BLA BLA BLA, which woman doesn't contribute into marriage,if yours doesn't it's your own abeg don't generalise on it .
Talk to your husband oh, because if he's isn't giving enough money to u obviously it means he's saving for the future. Let him use his money to build a house now : angry angry angry so expenses can be reduced. It will be okay ma May God see you through. Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falling Out Of Love / Who Remembers This "Voltron, Defender Of The Universe"? / My Family And I Went For Friends' Wedding In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.