Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers (1542 Views)

Youths Burn Police Station In Anambra Over Shooting Of Motorcycle Rider / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / SARS Officer Killed In His In-laws Place 10 Days After Wedding In Rivers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Anigreat: 6:14am On Oct 25, 2022
A pandemonic scene was recorded in Owode, Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State after some men suspected to be soldiers of the Nigerian Army shot and killed two siblings for allegedly smuggling foreign rice.

The incident occurred after the military operatives accosted the older sibling and attempted to seize the vehicle he was conveying the smuggled foreign rice with.

After an altercation ensued, some people called his younger brother, popularly known as Saheed Elegusi. The two brothers were shot dead by the soldiers who fled the scene immediately.

This angered some youths in the area and pushed them into setting bonfires on the Sango-Idiroko road, affecting vehicular movements for hours. The mob also attacked an officer of the Nigerian Air Force and killed him in retaliation.

Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi who confirmed the incident, said the slain Air Force officer was in uniform when he unknowingly ran into the mob who lynched him.

Oyeyemi who revealed that the Commissioner of Police had directed the Homicide section to take over the matter, added;

“Yes, the incident happened yesterday. I think it was caused by an argument between them (the two brothers) and men of the Nigerian Army. We are still investigating.

“But do you know that the people killed an Air Force officer who was just passing on his own?

“He was just going on his own, he had nothing to do with the crisis. They just mobbed him and killed him because he was in uniform.

“Anyway, investigation is ongoing.

“The situation has been brought under control. The area is calm now. The Divisional Police Officer of Owode and some other policemen were able to move into the scene quickly,"

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/10/naf-officer-killed-as-residents-protest-over-shooting-of-two-brothers-by-men-in-military-uniform-in-ogun-community.html

Mynd44
Seun
Nlpmod

1 Like

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Lifestone(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2022
Olorun ma je ki a shirin.
What a wrong time to be at that scene. May the soul of the innocent man rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Holla911(m): 6:23am On Oct 25, 2022
Dem don price market for that area. Surely, they must collect in due time.
Never argue with a man with gun unless you are strapped too.
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Nukilia: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2022
Wild wild West.
Heaven rest the souls of the faithfuls departed.

Can we divide this nation to North and Southern protectorates?

Let this blood shedding stop and peace be restored to our people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by robinso01(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2022
They should just get ready for retaliation in that environment from Nigeria air force. Why killed someone that knew nothing about the problem?

1 Like

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Kingpin1000: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2022
God abeg, may I not be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Was it fate that happened to that Airforce man.
He may not have killed an ant in his life. He may just be a random man going about his day.
I can see him being aggressive at first when the crowd approached, probably not knowing what happened in that area moments ago. In split seconds he realised some military men just killed 2 young men but it was too late for him, since the beating has already begun. He could only scream, "I NO FOLLOW!, ABEG!! until he lost his strength of speaking. I Remembered the day I and my guys saved an innocent man from lynching. We had to use violence to stop them. Man was innocent and they were all ashamed. You no even ask question, because somebody call the man thief you carry stick they hit the man.
Rest Man. Death got you in a painful manner.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by general111(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2022
Na wa oh..
No one can fight the government oh
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Kingpin1000: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2022
robinso01:
They should just get ready for retaliation in that environment from Nigeria air force. Why killed someone that knew nothing about the problem?
Bros, dem no dey ask question for this kind situation. Na for 1 person to shout, " SEE ONE OF DEM" the rest don start to beat am till him die. Man was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
It can happen to anyone.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by robinso01(m): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Bros, dem no dey ask question for this kind situation. Na for 1 person to shout, " SEE ONE OF DEM" the rest don start to beat am till him die. Man was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
It can happen to anyone.

They should know better that "he who carry ant infested wood.......... " they know the rest
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2022
The two brothers were shot dead by the soldiers who fled the scene immediately.
The mob also attacked an officer of the Nigerian Air Force and killed him in retaliation.
Soldiers killed people,
People killed Air Force Officer?!
There was a country!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 25, 2022
"I will shoot you and nothing will happen"

Yet, they run away after shooting someone. Why didn't they wait to find out whether nothing will happen?

4 Likes

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by asanausana91: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2022
And people are still sleeping in that area? Airforce why? I trust the navy this case would have been settled by now.
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by lyriclekidd(m): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2022
Holla911:
Dem don price market for that area. Surely, they must collect in due time.
Never argue with a man with gun unless you are strapped too.

No mind dem and dem sabi wail wella for that border side. Soldiers go enter dem woto woto.
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by lereinter(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2022
Soldier doing custom work

Or are they also allowed to arrest goods at border

Nawa
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by FelixTerungwaDa(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
post=117853834:

Soldiers killed people,
People killed Air Force Officer?!
There was a country!
Our darling nation.

God bless our darling daddy PMB, God bless Nigeria kiss
Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Karlovych: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
FelixTerungwaDa:

Our darling nation.

God bless our darling daddy PMB, God bless Nigeria kiss
grin

Re: NAF Officer Killed As Residents Protest Over Shooting Of Two Brothers by Alphastudent(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2022

(1) (Reply)

We don’t rob on Fridays and during Ramadan — Bandits arrested in Ibadan / I Saw The Robbers That Attacked Me. / Photos: Newborn Baby Found In A Basket Abandoned On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.